Player
    Character
    Hott Cocoa
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Xdark93 View Post
    sustain was more for the pet than anything. doesn't really matter how much hp they have they die really easy from AoE and status ailments plus physick doesn't do them justice lol having sustain back will lessen the burden of having to sacrifice DPS to keep the eikon alive
    This was only an issue if you were doing FATEs or a hunt without a party. AoE heals can heal pets in all other situations. Most DPS jobs lack sufficient self heals anyway and simply rely on brute force to kill their target before their target kills them.
    Unless Titan was tanking. A pet dying is nothing a swiftcast couldn't fix. This is no different from replacing a MCH turret that get's destroyed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vivi_Bushido; 10-09-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nol Lac'nala
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Neri View Post
    I'm wondering when smn lost sustain, people complained about it like the world is going to end. But now, when sustain is back, people say it's useless?
    People A =/= People B
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'm wondering when smn lost sustain, people complained about it like the world is going to end. But now, when sustain is back, people say it's useless?
    There were people saying it was useless in most of the Sustain threads. Thankfully SE didn't listen to the minority and realized it is useful for all of the Arcanist based jobs.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Players got used to not having it, but being our primary pet care skill on a pet job made it's loss apparent. Literally every other option offered results in a massive DPS loss compared to just using one GCD to cast Sustain and get back to it.

It's also a difficulty curve of the job that SE is easing up. SMN is not doing well right now popularity wise, and if making keeping the pet up an easier process attracts more players to it, then it worked.

Plus, a pet job without a proper means for the player in control to care for the pet just reads as bad game design, no matter how it played in practice.

(SCH only got away with not needing Sustain since the job is loaded with heals and the pet just heals herself.)
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Aster Locke
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I am so excited that Sustain is coming back. It means I can solo old content without too much worrying about how long its going to take before Titan dies, Like Palace of the dead, or old EX trials.

Now if only they made it so Titan retained his Threat Level after Bahamut has come and gone. Then Titan will be fantastic for soloing stuff, and RDM won't be the undisputed god of soloing anymore.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aribeth Lightbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ametrine View Post
    Players got used to not having it, but being our primary pet care skill on a pet job made it's loss apparent. Literally every other option offered results in a massive DPS loss compared to just using one GCD to cast Sustain and get back to it.

It's also a difficulty curve of the job that SE is easing up. SMN is not doing well right now popularity wise, and if making keeping the pet up an easier process attracts more players to it, then it worked.

Plus, a pet job without a proper means for the player in control to care for the pet just reads as bad game design, no matter how it played in practice.

(SCH only got away with not needing Sustain since the job is loaded with heals and the pet just heals herself.)
    So true SE need more time spend on make summoner better again this is first step now how about develop the Egi alittle more. Make Summoner Great again
    (1)
    Last edited by Savagelf; 10-09-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cheshire Neko
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

glad for return of sustain

I was very glad to see sustain coming back. It may be a situational tool but as a summoner, being able to support the pet when I want to is something I feel integral to a pet class. Anyone who doesn't want the skill is free to leave it off their bars and having it an option in the toolkit hurts no one.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kaylee Frye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I've used sustain all along and I'm really happy it will be back. Will be nice to be able to solo fates again. Assuming, of course, that the new sustain heals as well as the old.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sir Rawrz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Have fun with your 8% heal every 3 seconds with a duration of 10 seconds. Casting that after every 3 skills sounds so engaging. Really not sure what content you're doing that you couldnt simple tank yourself with your pets DPSing and your choco healing. The same sort of content a BLM or a RDM could handle at least.

BUT you know let the special snowflakes fall from the heavens come patch 4.1. xD As long as people are only using it in solo content it shouldnt be an issue.
    (6)
    Last edited by Rawrz; 10-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
    Have fun with your 8% heal every 3 seconds with a duration of 10 seconds. Casting that after every 3 skills sounds so engaging. Really not sure what content you're doing that you couldnt simple tank yourself with your pets DPSing and your choco healing. The same sort of content a BLM or a RDM could handle at least.

BUT you know let the special snowflakes fall from the heavens come patch 4.1. xD As long as people are only using it in solo content it shouldnt be an issue.
    I feel like this is sarcasm. Or at least the words of someone who doesn't play the pet jobs enough to know how slow to react the pets are to follow orders. Like, "come to my side you are standing in stupid garuda," kind of orders.

I main healer. My chocobo is a tank.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast