Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by GDofLevin View Post
    Blue Mage Design by Tyrian
    https://tf-lover.deviantart.com/art/...tory-705876064

This is a aesthetic design for my first DPS class suggestion Blue Mage. It also contains a history of the class. If anyone has ideas or suggestions, be it design, history, moves, or wants to offer their aid in the balancing and mechanics. I am more than welcome to any and all suggestions.
    E for effort. Good for you for putting your ideas out there. Not really my ghysahl green. Check out Strago from FF6 - blue mage

Keep it up though
    (1)

Character
    Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroe View Post
    agree, Blue Mage should be a caster tank

in MAIN-tank stance, play more or less like most tanks, but with some exclusive designs..

in OFF-tank tance, play like a caster (cant attack from afar, with some caster advantages.. and maybe disadvantages, like its best move is very stationary / cast time).., buy give it an instant "teleport to the other tank" move
    Any ‘mage’ should be caster/healer. Number one rule in fantasy is magic completely OP’s any physical attack, which is why there’s an HP to MP discrepancy. Having a tank with powerful enough magic to actually tank just doesn’t fit the mould. I actually can’t recall any FF character in histrory who is in a tank or front line (for old school ff) who is a caster. If there is a BLU, must be caster
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Linx0r View Post
    Any ‘mage’ should be caster/healer. Number one rule in fantasy is magic completely OP’s any physical attack, which is why there’s an HP to MP discrepancy. Having a tank with powerful enough magic to actually tank just doesn’t fit the mould. I actually can’t recall any FF character in histrory who is in a tank or front line (for old school ff) who is a caster. If there is a BLU, must be caster
    Anyone in 7, 8, 10, 12, Tactics.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Had a BLU tank (by FF standards, since there wasnt threat, only cover or FF3s voke) in FF5, FF10 sorta (LNC+BLU) FF11, and FFTA (omg were they broken as heck as tanks, made every fight a joke after that.)
    (0)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Character
    Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Oh, well, I haven't played any of those sans ff12 - and with 12, you can just pretty much have any character do any job so I wouldn't count that. But, I should stand corrected, and I do

However, I do still think BLU should be DPS
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Oh, well, I haven't played any of those sans ff12 - and with 12, you can just pretty much have any character do any job so I wouldn't count that. But, I should stand corrected, and I do

However, I do still think BLU should be DPS
    Honestly BLU is all over the place, and can honestly fill any role, just like RDM in FFs.
    But it IS better at filling the tank role than RDM usually, and better at melee damage. (Most likely due to how much harder it is to keep up with spells all the time)
    But then again, there are FFs were RDM is the better melee, and BLU has no melee ability (like FF6)

I generally think of RDM as the single target Jack of all trades.
    And think of BLU as the AoE jack of all trades.

(Though RDM's ability to tanking was pretty much restricted to just FF11 if I remember correctly, but I might be wrong, I havent tried it too often in other FFs, and gearing RDM with HP is usually making it worse. RDMs buffs werent usually tied to defensive options. BLU tends to have more buffs than RDM, and RDM focused on dual cast instead of melee on single targets.)
    Since BLUs defensive buffs and heals are aoes, it would be best argued that BLU is a better OT than MT, as the very same defensive buffs could be put on a real tank. With the exception of cocoon, or their primary mitigation "Damage MP" (This one being a trait, not spell)
    (1)
    Last edited by Claire_Pendragon; 12-14-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Character
    Natti Lockeheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I really would like to see a ‘Strago like’ BLU in ff6. I really like the idea of learning enemy abilities - charybdis for example. Bad example as probably too OP’d but what I mean is spells that we only see on bosses. As part of levelling BLU you could add these skills by beating certain dungeons, primals, raids . What other cool spells that are currently in ff14 be used for BLU?
    (1)
    Last edited by Linx0r; 12-21-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I really would like to see a ‘Strago like’ BLU in ff4. I really like the idea of learning enemy abilities - charybdis for example. Bad example as probably too OP’d but what I mean is spells that we only see on bosses. As part of levelling BLU you could add these skills by beating certain dungeons, primals, raids . What other cool spells that are currently in ff14 be used for BLU?
    I could see Blue Mage's abilities being classified into different tiers of strength, and those tiers share a cooldown.

Small things like Goblin Punch, Choco-Strike, etc would be your minors, like 6-12s cooldowns, while major things like White Wind would be in on the 90/120 timers. A Blue Mage is primarily choosing which ability within each category fits the situation, while having a few basic spells as your primary spammers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

I'm back!

Wow I'm surprised everyone. When you check everyday for new posts it feels like no one cares about your plans and designs. But leave for a while due to difficult real life issues and bam it blows up and you get awesome input! You have no idea what that means to me. So keep it coming. I'd love to hear more input from you. Also if you want to see the full idea send me a PM and I'll show you what I've been doing in my spare time. Linx0r I especially would like to learn more from you in particular.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5