Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    This was a mistake. I see you starting to take the Bluemage criticism as criticism against your picture.
    I have dealt with 'criticism' all my life. I know what it is. I also know what 'Constructive Criticism' is as well as the difference between it and 'Flames'. At first all I got on this subject is the latter and criticism. Also in my first post I said I'd provide info on the full idea regarding the mechanics, history, and skills of my idea. And yet instead of asking for this before judging my work...I have received nothing more than "I don't like it because I want it to be this way or use this weapon", or outright insults.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Also, if you can't take criticism from any source its best to keep your work to yourself until you do.
    We clearly have different views of what 'criticism' is. For me Criticism isn't whining and wanting to change things in my idea to suit that individuals personal tastes. For me Criticism and especially CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism, is pointing out flaws or things that could be improved, but also complementing the creator on their better points and ideas, as well as make suggestions on how to improve THE CREATOR'S idea.

However: I don't agree with it as a basis for a BLU class.
    That's fine. If you don't agree that's your opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    It is a nice picture, but when my mind goes to BLU i think of hammers, whips and a single sword which have all been traditional weapons for BLU mages (A quick google and wiki will pack up these claims.)
    And here we are. Once again instead of asking me for actual further information on my idea, you don't like my depiction of the Blue Mage class because it doesn't use the tools YOU would like to see. This is what I constantly deal with. But thank you for the compliment on my art skills.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I however want to see BLU be something a bit different than its 11 incarnation

So would I. The only reason I stuck with FFXI based designs was because I was told that the creator of FFXIV looks to the FFXI works for inspiration and likes to reconfigure ideas from FFXI into new forms for FFXIV.

To fit in the mechanics of this world I want it to be a tank, get hit by attacks, then cast spells in retaliation to how much damage it is tanking. I want it to have a Blue+Beast thing going on ... Somewhat related to a Barbarian, like ff14 Raubahn but NOT Raubahn. Hammers work, I would LOVE to see a whip, but I don't ever expect a MMO to ever uses whips for anything because they are complicated to animate
    And once again you have your opinions and I have mine. That doesn't make your opinions better than my own ideas.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I think the Blue mage, like the Red mage, needs a easy way to combine their spells with their weapon. For the most part, the weapon has always been secondary in Blue mage lore. As such I still think it should be a weapon that is wielded with one hand, to be freed up for a casting hand.
    Still going...

Or the idea I had bouncing around was its main weapon being a MASK, not one you wear, but an over sized shield that looks like a mask (Since blue masks were the core aesthetic of the Blue-mage.) Which would be a fresh take on the Blue mages mask of traditional lore. It gets hit, you cast spells from it (Like a magic mirror.) That would be cool to me.
    Key phrase there is "That would be cool to me." If that's what you want to see in FFXIV how about you spend several months coming up with your own ideas and mechanics for Blue Mage like I did and stop trying to change my ideas and replace them with your own?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    No I do not like the concept of it being a BLU in this game. Most of FF11s stuff really only only works in the context of FF11. Which is how that game has kept its relevancy to this day.
    This is why as I said before, that if you want more information on the idea if interested. Private Message me and I'll send you the full idea doc I've worked on for Several Months.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    For more information on blue-mages and to help with your research I would suggest: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Mage ... as a start, as this is the bread and butter for Blu and something I am sure the FF14 team looks too (the history, not the wiki) when it comes to balancing the traditional with the modern.
    I kind of feel insulted at this point. You honestly think I haven't ALREADY done research using that same site, and others to design what I currently have? Guess what...I have.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyrian Jabberwock
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Sorry this continued so long but a 1000 character limit has its price

However I have a sneaking suspicion that all this is going to get is a rebuttal, and not so much collaborative discussion. So this was mostly for entertainment purposes. Regardless, have a nice day.
    You too. Thank you for your input.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    You can bypass the post limit by editing your post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asuras Blood
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 89
    It was a good read. You write well. Since you are making General Raubahn one of the last apprentices, I would suggest a beast berserk type of ability that's similar to a channelled spell. It would help make sense of the Raging Bull being a blue mage. While you are in berserk mode, you lose control of your character for a short period of time while you dish out random high DPS blue abilities. The key to maximizing DPS will be to know when you should go berserk. As you level, you'll gain abilities that will help you control more of what you do while berserk and also the ability to end your trance early.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast