Player
    Character
    Erakir Pompop
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    On phone so won't go into much detail atm. Careful what you wish for -

Having abilities unaffected by buffs means they're unaffected by debuffs, too, both healing done and healing received ones. These have existed in the past and may exist in fights in the future, and I don't just mean Ramuh. Might call em fringe cases, but they exist. And can be used while silenced, just to throw that out there. While generally it'd be a boon to let these things be affected, especially with defiance, it's worth keeping this in mind.

This was a specific, intended change back in HW, as asylum was initially buffed by divine seal at launch, leaving us unsure what the developers wanted. When they patched it to be unaffected like other healing abilities and mentioned it in the patch notes, the intent was clear.

We have more and more ability heals, and I see SCH specifically sometimes passing on largesse. Perhaps they will reevaluate it at some point, but currently it is very much intentional. I know it feels odd with warrior and defiance, believe me. I always felt they should benefit from defiance's increase across the board, but here we are.
    (4)
    Last edited by Erakir; 10-07-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Chii Soseriouz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    E4E isn't useless cause most autos are physical so you'll usually always have a tank target to apply it too, which when proc'd acts like reprisal. It can also be proc'd multiple times refreshing the 10s 10% damage reduction. Where E4E is completely useless rn is neo cause he doesn't auto attack and theres no adds that can attack.
    (2)

Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    I don't know about ruling it out entirely. It does sometimes see use in bleeding edge progression, in cases where damage all around is just very heavy. While the proc can only be triggered by physical damage, the damage reduction applies to magic too -- i.e., it does make those raid hits weaker, the raid hits just won't trigger it in the first place. I wonder if we'll see any of the top groups use it in Unending Coil? But with Addle replacing Virus, maybe not. And if the auto attacks are magic, that will also rule out E4E. We'll see soon, I suppose.

But in all cases I would call it pretty niche. Maybe it too could use a small buff to be more competitive...
    I feel like it needs to be able to proc off magical damage as well, and an odds increase on the proc activating. 3 minute cooldown on a 20s buff that only has 20% chance of a proc isn't very useful. 25% or higher maybe. But 20%? Few bosses do more than 6 hits in the span of 20s, it won't proc in most cases (especially for those of us with bad luck).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Erakir View Post
    Having abilities unaffected by buffs means they're unaffected by debuffs, too, both healing done and healing received ones. These have existed in the past and may exist in fights in the future, and I don't just mean Ramuh. Might call em fringe cases, but they exist. And can be used while silenced, just to throw that out there. While generally it'd be a boon to let these things be affected, especially with defiance, it's worth keeping this in mind.
    If SE specifically changed how Largesse/FI/Defiance worked, that wouldn't mean changing how debuffs and silence works. If we asked SE to change oGCD heals to be spells, it would. But they could just as easily -- perhaps more easily -- go "these healing buffs now affect abilities" and leave it at that.

And, we haven't had any especially notable heal debuff fights* since ARR. As in your example. If SE designs a new encounter with a healing debuff, it's probably going to take into account the very generous amounts of ability healing all 3 healers have now.

*Yes, I know Alex and Omega both have it for failing mechanics, but that's a bit different compared to say, Leviathan or Twintania, where it's part of the normal fight mechanics you always have to deal with. And, of course, Halicarnassus kills you anyway with the DPS down debuff....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Siolenas Darkleaf
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 76
    I just which they would have unnerf Adloquium MP or buff the absorb. Seems like its not good heal to mana ration
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riyshn'a Nhise
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniond View Post
    I just which they would have unnerf Adloquium MP or buff the absorb. Seems like its not good heal to mana ration
    They... are. Both Adlo and Succor are getting thier MP costs reduced (Though I don't believe we know by how much yet?), and Succor is being buffed from 150h/150s to 150h/225s.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Code:
    An issue wherein the white mage action Largesse was benefiting the action Plenary Indulgence.
    Well, RIP. (But, hey, they can definitely do it).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nemene Damendar
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    Code:
    An issue wherein the white mage action Largesse was benefiting the action Plenary Indulgence.
    Great Scott, we wouldn't want the job we've designated as the vanilla potency healer to heal for too much. That might be broken.

*proceeds to potency buff Emergency Succor above Medica*

Giving SCH some quality of life is one thing, but that intentional potency gap is creeping and creeping. And creeping.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Vlondett
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Semirhage View Post
    Great Scott, we wouldn't want the job we've designated as the vanilla potency healer to heal for too much. That might be broken.

Giving SCH some quality of life is one thing, but that intentional potency gap is creeping and creeping. And creeping.
    Emergency Succor is once every 20 seconds, though, so it's not as if WHM suddenly do less AoE healing...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Saoghal Fuadan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Erakir View Post
    Having abilities unaffected by buffs means they're unaffected by debuffs, too, both healing done and healing received ones.
    I might be wrong, but I remember them being affected by some debuffs. Is it just my memory being faulty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Semirhage View Post

Succor is not exactly something you want to spam as a SCH, ET has a cooldown, and WHM great healing is definitely not in just how much medica heals for.
    (0)
    You think everything's going to be okay, then you hear Al scream "I USED ELUSIVE JUMP AND FELL DOWN".
    If you have to Dragoon, then learn to Dragoon properly. Or go poke monsters with a stick that's not an ugly copy of a spear.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast