Character
    Mia Montblanc
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow_Princess View Post
    dangerous nodes
    As someone who was an avid logger in Mamook both before and after the addition of true sight mobs, I can't express how much this triggers me.

Stealth is good enough, holy hell. Gathering is probably one of the easiest things in this game.

Edit - My husband brought up a salient point:

Even if you have more HP and can survive a hit or two, you are still going to get screwed out of your unspoiled node, so it doesn't really make a difference.
    (3)
    Last edited by missybee; 10-07-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I question this addition.

Then I remembered when I first did SB nodes and didn't notice certain monsters while I was still landing/ running by on a mount. I'd get hit for 70-90% of my HP. If I was on foot, my chocobo would save me most of the time. If nothing else, it's good for realizing the aggro range is on monsters when you land, but can't stealth immediately. Monsters are attuned for the battle classes, not the gatherers.

As for why not 51+, there's no need. You didn't get one shot by mobs in HW areas. Sure, you couldn't take damage like a battle class, but you lived long enough to get away. There's simply no need for the SE team to go back and make a tweak on this on all gathering gear from level 51 all the way up to 70.
    (5)
    Last edited by JunseiKei; 10-07-2017 at 03:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Coatl Days
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Yeah this is just an oversight that I'm glad they caught now, as it would have just continued to be more of a problem further down the line anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jibikly Pureheart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I just don't get it... some comments here saying about 1 hit or more hits.. how are you even getting hit?!?! ... if there are mobs around plan accordingly ... have some mobs around makes gathering a little bit different otherwise it is literally mindless spamming buttons. Use your eyes its not difficult ... it might be me but I really don't get what the complain is and some of these comments...

Sorry I don't want to seem "above you" but from my experience levelling 2 gathering classes I never found this issue
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Generally speaking, it ISN’T an issue, as long as you excercise due caution. I’m not talking turn Stealth on at the zone line, that’s an over abundance of caution. But simply making sure to turn Stealth on before something notices you and attacks is easy. Of course it is slow - you have TWO GAME HOURS to get to the node and harvest from it.

Now, accidents happen. No one is perfect. But while SB mobs can one or two shot you, HW mobs outside Diadem were never that strong relative to the miner/botanist/fisher. So it makes a certain amount of sense to do it for SB gear, not for HW+SB gear.

Of course, as an above poster mentioned, it would have been nice to have had the Vit on the gear when Diadem was current content!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The world is supposed to be dangerous, and it only makes sense that if you put away your weapon to go harvest some crops, you might come across a bad time when a mob decides you're lookin' tasty.
    (2)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    The world is supposed to be dangerous, and it only makes sense that if you put away your weapon to go harvest some crops, you might come across a bad time when a mob decides you're lookin' tasty.
    Yeah, well, all the things that make the world 'dangerous' just tend to make it annoying.

Like being dazed when mounted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    It wasn't really an issue in ARR and HW like it is in SB. You don't have things like the gauntlet of bugs and trees to get to the river in the The Fringes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Primura Kagazaki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    That's why i wasn't for this. You give a thing, people scream it's not enough. -_-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bighorn Bunny
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by missybee View Post
    As someone who was an avid logger in Mamook both before and after the addition of true sight mobs, I can't express how much this triggers me.

Stealth is good enough, holy hell. Gathering is probably one of the easiest things in this game.

Edit - My husband brought up a salient point:

Even if you have more HP and can survive a hit or two, you are still going to get screwed out of your unspoiled node, so it doesn't really make a difference.
    As an avid miner in FFXI's "Ifrit's Cauldron" - I REALLY wish gathering in FFXIV was as dangerous and engaging. It would definitely help with the market board competition issues.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4