Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aster Enelysion
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    For people arguing for instanced housing, I have one point I would like for you to consider:

The solitude of instanced Garrisons in WoW (and only the solitary aspect of them). Think of every pro and con you can with that one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aster_E View Post
    For people arguing for instanced housing, I have one point I would like for you to consider:

The solitude of instanced Garrisons in WoW (and only the solitary aspect of them). Think of every pro and con you can with that one.
    Garrisons were extremely limited in their customization and could not be assigned to guilds, as such each one you visited was essentially the same. I wouldn't really consider garrisons as instanced housing, much more as a personal outpost for a single expansion, similar to Pandaria's farm.

Edit: And Signed too. I'd rather have instanced housing available, but I'm all for more people getting access to housing either way.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 10-08-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Belius Labolas
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    As a new-ish player, i am absolutelly disheartened by the housing situation i've found. Getting an actual house was my main engame goal, but now it seems like i just may never get one because of the ridiculous limits around it.
    While having enough wards for every player would be the dream, i would still be very much happy with some manner of instanced housing that actually involves a house instead of a glorified 500k cubicle.

Signed
    (3)
    Because what you drop itsn't always good loot

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    /notsigned.

As you can tell from my world listed next to my character picture, I'm on Cactuar. We have a population of 18,459, with almost 10k at level 70. On Aether, we're the 2nd largest world, being behind Balmung (Gilgamesh has 16,806, but we probably have less >active< population). We're 4th highest population in the world with Leviathan and Omega ahead of us.

We have no houses, no, but we have TONS of open apartments in every single residental area. I counted up to Lavendar Beds 2nd Ward Sub to having the first free open apartment; Mist was 1st Ward Sub; Goblet was 1st Ward (no sub). Aside from gardening, there's no other benefit gained from owning a house over an apartment or even FC apartment. I have a mansion in the Mist and traversing my ward alone, I count 3 houses that actively use their gardens, and that's counting my own home.

If people want houses simply to decorate a lawn, I'm not willing to sign. If people want to garden, I'd sooner ask SE to make gardens a separate thing from owning a house where only owning property (like an apartment) is the only requirement to accessing a garden.

What I would sign for:
    - Making apartments as attractive as housing; add in upgrade-able sizes as right now, they are the same size as the private FC chambers and not share-able and having a slightly higher price-tag.
    - Allow purchase of small, medium and large sizes to match the inside of respective housing with a price-tag to match.
    - Allow access to gardening for owning an apartment as if they were a house, with access to the same amount of gardens as the corresponding house size of the apartment.

If the above were met:
    - Return warded houses to FCs only.

For players losing their houses, award them with the same sized apartment as the estate they'd be losing, with choice of location.

As it is, people demand more housing for reasons I cannot imagine when there's so many apartments available. I could understand if it's mainly coming from players in FCs that do not have houses, and therefore, no ability to purchase a private chamber, however, you have an option already.

While even I don't like the sound of losing my own home, this seems the fairest thing to do while satisfying what I perceive to be most wants and needs of active players.
    (0)
    Last edited by JunseiKei; 10-08-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alizay Eiddwen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Signed count me in. It's time SE owned up to this and try to fix it
    (4)

Server: Balmung/Gilgamesh // Name: Siena Vedana // Main Class: Scholar

Signature made by Selli Noblesse <3 Thank you!

Player
    Character
    Elaris Strywin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 75
    So basically you're saying to everyone that is homeless should just settle with an instanced apartment while you enjoy having your mansion just because many are available? Yeah no thank you, gee I wonder why so many apartments are still available.

Signed, I'd rather personal housing be instanced lands so we can also do gardens, choose our locations fitting for our characters, upgrade our homes when the budget is right, etc instead of being restricted to a tiny square space. Apartments are already instanced so why can't any plots be too? Why is this request so strange to current vocal in game personal homeowners lol.
    (5)
    Last edited by Strywin; 10-08-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Strywin View Post
    So basically you're saying to everyone that is homeless should just settle with an instanced apartment while you enjoy having your mansion just because many are available?
    No. You should re-read it. Actually, never mind, it's all right there and you didn't comprehend it, so I'll highlight the changes:

My suggestion does:
    - Take all player housing back.
    - Make all warded houses only available to FCs.
    - Make all apartments become small, medium and large. All apartments would all become bigger than they are now, even the "small" apartment.
    - Attach gardens to FC houses and apartments. Only requirement is to own at least an apartment to qualify for a garden.
    - Players that had a reclaimed house are given a voucher for an apartment for the house size they lost (IE: I have a mansion, so I'd be given a voucher for a mansion sized apartment for any location I took it to).

From your response, you read the first few lines of my suggestion and laughed it off. Apartments are already instanced houses minus a lawn. We have 2,880 houses (after Shirogane) and 4,320 apartments (after Shirogane). I'd figure apartments with adjustable sizes would be easier on server space and load than warded houses. It's also a suggestion to make apartments more attractive since they are the same space as a private chamber and smaller than a small house.
    (0)
    Last edited by JunseiKei; 10-08-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Belius Labolas
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JunseiKei View Post
    -snip-
    People want houses to be able to do whatever they want with it. People like to decorate, it's actually a big part of why housing is so coveted.
    Also the reason people don't care that much about apartments is because they're so DAMN small and a lot of people would probably rather buy a private room in their FC's house. The issue could be aleviated with a revamp for apartments like you proposed, but ultimately a lot of people would still want an exterior area to decorate because, again, decorating is a big, if not the biggest, thing about housing for most people
    (5)
    Because what you drop itsn't always good loot

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I really do wish people would stop saying they don't want instanced housing because it would be lonely. The wards are already empty.
    (6)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JunseiKei View Post
    Apartments are already instanced houses minus a lawn. We have 2,880 houses (after Shirogane) and 4,320 apartments (after Shirogane).
    For me, I want the yard space and given the surge in cherry trees after they went on the cash shop, I don't think anyone's going to be too keen on giving up the use of lawn decor they paid real money for. The yard space is a big part of what some people want from housing. Heck, people have even lost their houses they hang out at quite a bit, simply because they only ever made use of the yard space.
    (1)

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast