Character
    Atlantis Yumemora
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by anzamoni View Post
    /not signed

I disagree, create instanced housing units. I'd rather we invest money in content development that server infrastructure to create more dead neighborhoods that sit and waste server resources that could be used elsewhere in the game.
    It does say "instanced" right in the title. Instanced housing or more wards I don't care how it gets fixed as long as it is fixed so everyone can benefit. The people who want to partake in the housing community are hindered because of a poorly implemented design which is unfair. I would love instanced housing because I use mine solely for convenience of having all my stores in one place. I also love decorating. But I feel like everyone should have an equal right to enjoy all content in game considering they are paying for it.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Nanamo Ul-namo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 50
    I have an idea that might be useful to this, even if farfetched:

What if there was only one size of plot, which included an option to increase or decrease the size of the plot? Think a large yard with a small house in it.
    Players would pay gil to upgrade the house size, which would trade off the amount of outdoor items that could be used for more interior space and items. For example, if you upgraded from a small to a medium, you would pay 12-13 million gil. This would turn the house into a medium house, and you could place 300 items inside instead of 150. However, where a small house on a plot could allow for 60 items to be placed into a yard, the item limit outside would decrease to 50. This way, players wouldn't need to move locations to increase house size.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mystical Power
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    /signed

Firstly, I sign this for more housing wards, as one of the pleasures of having your own house in a ward would be getting to show it off to anyone who just happened to be walking by. Failing that, then I sign for instanced housing second.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Chocolate Sundae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    1 home per account. /endthread
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Cylla Lightfall
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatebabysundae View Post
    1 home per account. /endthread
    That still doesn't fully fix the issue. With servers like Balmung that have a high pop, even if you were to limit it to one home per account it would still leave a good handful of people homeless unless they want to fork over that 30-100+mil for a house that someone flipping.

/signed

SE seriously needs to get on the ball and do something about it.
    (10)
    "Everyone has something they hold dear, something they never want to lose. That's why they pretend. That's why they hide the truth. And that's why they lie."
    Final Fantasy XI
    {Cylla of Titan - 2003 - 2008}
    {Asylina of Phoenix - July 27th 2010 - 2015}

Player
    Character
    Paris Ackerman
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 66
    I have a house and I still find this unfair.

God be with all of you in the upcoming Shirogane Hunger Games.

-signed
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Chocolate Sundae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylla View Post
    snip
    Unfortunately not everyone in an entire server is going to be able to own a house/apartment at any given time. Making housing instanced will in fact completely fix the issue but hopefully never happen but making it instanced takes so much away from the housing system in this game.

What SE could feasibly do is increase wards in high population servers and enforce a new rule of 1 house per account. This game has a black market for housing and there shouldn't be one. I know the devs said already that it's frowned upon but that isn't enough.

I don't own a home but will try to at 4.1 launch. I figure if I put the time effort in getting a house, I'll have no-one else to blame but myself.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fenix Down
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    @anzamoni: I think your idea for instanced housing alongside current housing is a great compromise and the ability to transfer if a house in the wards becomes available is also fantastic. This will allow everyone a chance at a house. Those who don't care about wards won't even bother with them which will leave the wards more open as well and people who don't want to risk losing their home due to inactivity can rest easy with instanced housing.

However, I'm not so sure about how intentional this shortage actually is. It has been stated that Yoshi P himself said that he wanted them to be kind of exclusive. I've never seen the source for this, but I've seen it said several times. Though it certainly doesn't make much sense considering the fact that there are benefits, mainly for FCs, tied to the housing system. But if it isn't the case, I have to wonder why on earth there are only a limited number of apartments available on each server....:/
    (3)

「Life is such a fragile thing…」

Player
    Character
    Aibertain Valtin
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I think instanced housing is the only solution.

If we got infinite wards, like if a new ward popped up each time the old one filled.. then we'd have people buying smalls, relinquishing smalls, and racing for the medium/large houses. Imagine a truly empty ward with no small houses anywhere.

If things were instanced, we could slowly upgrade a small to a medium to a large. It would be fantastic.
    (7)

10. 10-08-2017 04:52 AM

Player
    Character
    Eluy Keluy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    signed

/10char
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hundred View Post
    These forums are so melodramatic I feel like I'm watching a latin soap opera.
    Any moment now it will be revealed that WHM is cheating on SCH with MNK after having had DRG's baby and DRG is WHM's cousin who is already married to PLD.

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast