Player
    Character
    Alexya Ultor
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Hagakure usage

I tend to use Hagakure more or less on CD, with the obvious exceptions like making sure I'm not going to over-cap on kenki. This more often than not means I'm consuming 1-2 Sen per Hagakure usage. It's rare that I'll have 3-sen when Hagakure comes up, but it does happen on occasion. Overall, I think I do all right as a SAM, and I've always seen proper timing of Hagakure as the main factor that separates a good SAM from a great SAM. Which brings me to my question; am I right in using Hagakure as basically a "resource boost" cooldown?

Naturally this is assuming that all the main boxes are checked. Banana is up and ticking, Guren is being used more or less on CD (+10s at most maybe), Shifu/Jinpu aren't dropping off for more than a single GCD, Kaiten is being applied to every Midare and Banana, and Shinten is being used to keep kenki under control. I'm not a hardcore min/max SAM, but I do enjoy the hell out of the class, and it's my main go-to when I'm not tanking, so I'd like to make sure I'm applying the right kind of thinking to it.

For reference, with a 330 weapon and ilvl 322 I get around 4400 as solo melee dps on O1s. DH is 1590, crit 1250 and SS 1482. Thanks folks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rygart Sawamura
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Can you post you rotation?
    If you has more question can always go to http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-SAM-DPS-Guide
    (0)

Make no mistake. I'm not you alliances. I'm here cause I just do what I felt is right thing to do.

Player
    Character
    Ea Sin
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    That was my understanding as well. I'm not too privy to the details of how many sen should be hagakure'd though.
    It was my understanding that sen are always better used with hagakure (provided no party buffs). Which in theory means that hagakure on 3 sen is better than hagakure on 1-2 sen. The question I have and would love an answer to is: How long is too long to be sitting on hagakure while waiting to build up 3 sen? There has to be a point where getting the CD back earlier outweighs the benefit of using it on 3 sen?

With that said there are a number of party buffs / combination of party buffs where you will prefer midare. Things like trick attack etc.. I'm sure someone more competent can chime in.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rygart Sawamura
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Well if you using 3 sen opener. 2nd hagakure should be up with left 6-8 sec at 3rd 3 sen and Higanbana will fall off before 4th 3 sen...
    Kasha combo>hakaze>jinpu>Higanbana>Gekko>meiyo>yuki>kasha> hagakure> yuki>kasha combo>gekko combo>midare> repeat 3 sen combo> midare (if has 7-8 sec and no mechanic stop you dps) > 3sen combo hagakure >higanbana

If there is a mechanic it stop/slow you dps at 3rd sen hagakure should be up almost perfectly at least for me.

This is only my opinion.
    (0)

Make no mistake. I'm not you alliances. I'm here cause I just do what I felt is right thing to do.

Player
    Character
    Ren Okamiya
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    It also really depends on which "build" your are going for, meaning SS to a certain cap or no SS at all. It also changes which opener you use (since I rerolled from ninja against my will I build to have at least a certain amount of GCD full buffed, and I hagakure at 2 sen most of the time unless a mecanic prevents me to do it, or I need that extra 20 with 1 Sen to dash out/in or in/out of the boss).

It depends on the fight really, and how much you need when Guren come out of CD as well, sometime you need only 20, sometimes 40, sometimes all 60, but this last one is very rare for me. I'd say hagakure at 2 sen is my go to 90% of the time or else I overcharge the kenki gauge.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brooklynn Nein'nein
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I myself put hagakure into a specific part of my rotation that feels natural of its usage. Specifically, during opener; and before my second higanbana application there is usually around 14 seconds before it needs to reapply. I usually also just get my 2nd sen at that point as well. At that point it feels great to pop Hagakure at that point. Takes about 10-12 seconds to pop a shifu and partial jinpu combo to guarantee a full potency dot reaplication.
    (0)