Player
    Character
    Axel Darkhero
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90

Undending Coil ilvl requirement 340?

From the latest live letter: "You will need to be item level 340 ... to challenge the battle."

Now, that wording sounds pretty definite... but could we possibly have further clarification? Does this literally mean you can't go in without full 340 gear, or is that just the gear level the fight is intended to be done at?

It seems like an unnecessary roadblock if its enforced. I think its been stated that you can't access the fight through raid finder anyway, so can't it be left for the party to decide if their equipment level is high enough?

Among other reasons, some crafted pieces (and potentially ilvl 330 items from the 24 man raid?) could be considered BIS in some cases. So having to upgrade just to gain access, then switch back in the encounter seems pointless.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tiger Lilia
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    My raid community has been discussing this too, it does need further clarification. Usually ilvl is dropped in a full premade but the wording on the letter makes me think that maybe there is going to be a hard cap for Ultimate.

Little bit of a worry for our tanks that go full crafted right side but we've got time to gear up, I guess.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yi Sug
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlilley View Post
    My raid community has been discussing this too, it does need further clarification. Usually ilvl is dropped in a full premade but the wording on the letter makes me think that maybe there is going to be a hard cap for Ultimate.

Little bit of a worry for our tanks that go full crafted right side but we've got time to gear up, I guess.
    easy just put full 340 then when you inside change them back , that if you have the pieces
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Link'
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by YISUG View Post
    easy just put full 340 then when you inside change them back , that if you have the pieces
    That's the thing. Some tanks don't have any of these because of crafted accesories. So, until SE could clarify it (and after the patch goes live) they will have 2 weeks to get their full ilvl 340 right side. I'd like to believe that the ilvl 340 is set for RF purposes, as you can bypass any ilvl requirement with a pre-made.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    That is probably if you do it with duty finder. If you have full party you can ignore ilvl requirements. I did v3s in the first week with ilvl 318 and requirement was ilvl 320 for that. i think that mean dps requirements will most likely need bis gear complete that content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    This will likely only impact people attempting to queue into Ultimate Solo via the Raid Finder. Keep in mind, that is fairly common in JP. We just use PF a lot more instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelDH View Post
    From the latest live letter: "You will need to be item level 340 ... to challenge the battle."

Now, that wording sounds pretty definite... but could we possibly have further clarification? Does this literally mean you can't go in without full 340 gear, or is that just the gear level the fight is intended to be done at?
    From the wording in Live Letter, the Unending Coil is designed around having an ilevel of 340 and needing to mitigate with having that i340. While there might not be an ilevel lock out, since, you know, you cleared V4S, the fight is still designed with the idea that you can clear this other fight and have access to the top gear.

If i340 is required to actually step into the fight, even with a full party, do what was done during Final Coil Turn 4 (T13). It was common to have crafted pieces and be BiS while under the minimum ilevel of 123, so you brought pieces to swap out and hit the ilevel cap, then swap back when inside the instance. However, keep in mind with my above comment.
    (0)
    Last edited by JunseiKei; 10-03-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Areku Foxfire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I kind of find it hard to believe a group wouldn't be 340 if they've cleared and farmed savage, hell I'm 340 and I haven't even beaten neo exdeath, unless there's a special case where it's more optimal to have some lesser-item level pieces...but I don't think very many cases of that exist right now.
    (1)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I'm expecting it to require 340 even in pre-mades.

I use crafted accessories, but I also have a set of 340 accs, just in case something like this happens, or SE nerfs the crafted stuff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drae Wellenbrecher
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I guess they want people to use the highest ilvl gear even if they can't design the stats right for everyone which make us use 320/330 instead. This way they feel like their work isn't in vain, just like hunt that they keep taking back to life by forcing people to do it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast