Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lala Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    What? Mnk is in a pretty good spot. It's dps is really good and it brings utility, albeit not quite as good as Ninja. Go look at the highest dps of any content and you'll see quite a few mnks among the BLM and SAM(which have no utility like brotherhood). If you're complaining about losing GL then you're honestly just playing the class wrong.

But tackles and tornado kick are actual garbage that need reworking.
    (1)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/12116351/

Player
    Character
    Aimori Duciel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodAspectedPrimal View Post
    That didn't stop them with White Mage. Or Warrior (twice now since stormblood launched, I should add)

That and people have been asking for changes to the fists for almost 4 years. One patch? Get real. This problem has been around as long as FF14 has. They just don't care. They have very clear favourites as far as Jobs go.
    The Healer Role is in a mess itself the cross role system is terrible. The design of the classes just keep clashing with each other.. Real Balance..

I guess that White Mage buff to Cure I, Cure II, and P1 changed anything oh wait.. Pure Healer is still worthless with the current design of the game.

Astro has like what 9 buttons to do things that they used to do in 3.5?

Schs has its own mess of issues.

At least the Devs have GL4 for Monks if enough monks complain.. The entire Healer role has no answer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jxnibbles; 09-30-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    K'ahli K'uhla'tor
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastelli View Post
    They ignore the english forums because we are not able to give useful feedback. People start useless threads everyday for trivial matters and usually the discussions derail to "this sucks, that is useless, SE hate this job!"
    It doesn't help that more often than not people clearly have no clue about the jobs balancing process.

As for the specific subject of this thread...did someone really expect a overhaul for MNK in 4.1? Of course it's not going to happen. They migh tweak some potencies/buff duration/chakra proc rate, but don't expect anything more than that. They're just not going to change mnk with a patch.
    There's been plenty of useful feedback about Monk, they've been getting it since 3.X when #deletemnk was the new trendy Meme, they just elected to ignore it in favor of other stuff. After a point, I and most other people can't be bothered to repeat talking points that have been repeated for years like"One Ilm Punch/Purification/Arm of the Destroyer/The Fist Stances are useless" with several paragraphs supporting it or feedback for the new abilities that's been similarly repeated like "Tackle Mastery is a bad trait because X Y and Z, Riddle of Fire feels terrible to use, and Brotherhood makes Monk too composition dependent." They've already gotten that feedback and all we've gotten is "Nah Riddle of Fire is fine, oh yeah GL4? We decided not to." If they go years ignoring feedback and brushing it off like they don't care, then of course people are going to say that the Devs don't care. That's how the devs have been acting.

And you're correct, there's nothing to suggest that Monk would get touched at all in 4.1 especially on the level that the kit actually needs to make our useless actions useful, that's the sort of thing that should have happened at 4.0. It's precisely because that should have happened at 4.0 that I think we should continue to complain about it. I'd rather they know we're actively discontent with Monk's kit, both old and new, than to say nothing and let them assume there's some degree of tacit approval from the playerbase.
    (13)
    Last edited by SpeckledBurd; 09-30-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rhaja Foxtail
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledBurd View Post
    I'd rather they know we're actively discontent with Monk's kit, both old and new, than to say nothing and let them assume there's some degree of tacit approval from the playerbase.
    The sad part is this is the same dev team who either claim or believe that chat removal from feast was what got more people into pvp, and not Garo or GC restricitons being lifted. Or the fact that people spammed fates to level and assumed we loved fates and put them in the Atma phase.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sora Oathkeeper
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledBurd View Post
    "Nah Riddle of Fire is fine, oh yeah GL4? We decided not too."
    The worst part is i'm almost sure GL4 was a thing at first. If you go back over the the monk in the benchmark (yeah i know, benchmark, lolz) It shows the monk attacking with roughly a 1.8s GCD. So fast so that it clips the demolish animation. I fully believe even though it was just a benchmark that it was also a test build for GL4 and they opted out of it in the full game. Which really sucks.

https://youtu.be/3_JxY2pRHn4?t=1m34s

for reference
    (0)
    Last edited by Sora_Oathkeeper; 09-30-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RLofOBFL View Post
    What? Mnk is in a pretty good spot. It's dps is really good and it brings utility, albeit not quite as good as Ninja. Go look at the highest dps of any content and you'll see quite a few mnks among the BLM and SAM(which have no utility like brotherhood). If you're complaining about losing GL then you're honestly just playing the class wrong.

But tackles and tornado kick are actual garbage that need reworking.
    A job is not all about it's DPS.
    It PLAYS badly. RoF is a clunky mess that goes completely against the identity of the job.
    And speaking of identity, what is that now? We're not the fastest. We're not the strongest. We barely offer utility. What is Monk there for?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Dux Dragunity
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Derplander is a MNK for Stormblood art / trailers so it's something I guess
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lala Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Tonberry View Post
    You're an all rounder. You do almost the highest damage, you bring good utility, you're almost the fastest. Contrary to HW you're actually not outright disdained and people use you. It sounds like all you're really mad at is RoF. Mnk is absolutely fine.....except tackle mastery and tornado kick, those are actual legitmate dead end mechanics(esp the former) that need a serious look at.

To md MNK isn't about being the fastest(really you haven't been the fastest since NIN was released so...stop making stuff up), it's always been about dealing massive damage with very weak attacks, and it still accomplishes that role. The only dps that rank higher than it are the meta. You could literally argue "what is __ there for?" about any dps that isn't NIN DRG MCH or BRD.

Besides they already stated they were not changing RoF nearly 3 months ago. Deal with it or change jobs back to WHM.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    K'ahli K'uhla'tor
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RLofOBFL View Post
    You're an all rounder. You do almost the highest damage, you bring good utility, you're almost the fastest. Contrary to HW you're actually not outright disdained and people use you. It sounds like all you're really mad at is RoF. Mnk is absolutely fine.....except tackle mastery and tornado kick, those are actual legitmate dead end mechanics(esp the former) that need a serious look at.

To md MNK isn't about being the fastest(really you haven't been the fastest since NIN was released so...stop making stuff up), it's always been about dealing massive damage with very weak attacks, and it still accomplishes that role. The only dps that rank higher than it are the meta. You could literally argue "what is __ there for?" about any dps that isn't NIN DRG MCH or BRD.

Besides they already stated they were not changing RoF nearly 3 months ago. Deal with it or change jobs back to WHM.
    Most of this post is wrong.

Monk's identity has been going fast since 2.X. That was it's draw then, that's what people still want from it. The devs didn't say they weren't changing RoF either, they said they would change it if there was enough demand for it. Consider this and all the other posts asking for it to be removed as demand.

You're also massively understating the issues with Monk's kit. It's not Just Tackle Mastery and Tornado Kick, it's Purification, Arm of the Destroyer, Fists of Wind, Fists of Earth, Fists of Fire One Ilm Punch, Perfect Balance, Forbidden Chakra, Riddle of Earth, and Brotherhood.

Arm of the Destroyer is so massively weak that it requires a stupidly huge pull for it to be worth the massive TP cost to use. Purification is practically a moot point now that we have infinite TP even before Riddle of Fire's slowdown. Fists of Wind, Fists of Earth and Tackle Mastery all share the same stupid problem of false choice sinnce there's literally no reason to be out of Fists of Fire. The fact that the Earth and Wind tackles are both half baked at best hardly make any difference. One Ilm Punch's stun is a joke, so is Arm of the Destroyer's silence, there's no point trying to count on something so unbelievably reliable when a tank can take interject or you can take Leg Sweep (or even stall your shoulder tackle). Perfect Balance's cooldown is six times as long as Blood of the Dragon's and Enochian's, they can go through a phase change and come out the other end with their buff but Monk is almost always going to have to slow build back up and Riddle of Earth is the stupidest possible solution to that particular problem. Unlike Blood of the Dragon we can't just hit the button to extend it, no we have to get hit, so for quite a few phase changes we can just have our stacks fall off because we didn't have enough time on GL3 even with damn near 100% uptime on the boss if it takes it too long for the attack to go out (see: Ala Mhigo Final Boss, Shinryu, and Ruby of the Violet Tides Final Boss). And worse, in some cases we have to take the games equivalent of the slap on the wrist, a Vuln Stack, to do it. And don't get me started on Brotherhood, it's not a problem that it only buffs physical damage, frankly it just buffing physical damage, but the fact that it doesn't proc off spells makes Monk absurdly comp specific. Got more than one caster? Well you're out of luck, say goodbye to about 100 DPS. Are you doing a 4-man? If you've got a caster as your co-dps and a Dark Knight as a tank then congratulations, you've got nothing. If it's a Warrior tank and a cast, enjoy your measly 1-2 chakra. If you're somehow lucky enough to have a Warrior and another physical DPS then if RNG smiles upon you you might get enough chakra for 1 FC. Is there another Monk in an 8-man PUG? Well one of you is going to miss the party buff window or lose out on your Brotherhood because they overwrite eachother. RNG Hates you? Enjoy your brotherhood flubbing and giving you a whopping 2 chakras. RNG Likes you too much for a moment? Enjoy losing a bunch of Chakra to Forbidden Chakra's cooldown.

There's a lot of issues with Monk's kit my friend, and most of them have existed for way longer than Stormblood. That Monk is functional is in spite of them.
    (21)
    Last edited by SpeckledBurd; 09-30-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Swarley Mcswarlington
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    It honestly feels like they are either not putting resources into the job, or just need to get new people working on it. Because the "updates" it got from Stormblood are seriously the laziest and most misguided ones I could think of. I didn't expect anything in the way of updates for 4.1 because it hadn't been talked about. But I'd REALLY hope the dev team is aware that the job is not "just fine." And is working on updates.

I'd also elaborate more on my issues with MNK but SpeckledBurd did a pretty good job of pointing out things just before me.
    (4)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast