Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Azrum Rytheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Combos are an amazing addition to this game, can only imagine if they had been on the table from the start. If all the money spent on the mechanics that were trashed had gone to Ws combos not to mention if it had the past 2years of player testing. I hope to see more built ontop of what alrdy exsists, for example take into account that most mobs and melee should do more line and conal AoE attacks so as to add the idea that placement around the mobs is an important mechnics for more then just combos but damage avoidance as well. Seems like that was suppose to play and important part in this game from get go, noting many of the lower mobs conal tp attacks. ex.-puks, yarson. What im talkn about is. Take Uraeus petrify att. Its a conal right. So give us the time we need to get out of it. What are we talkn here. and extra second maybe two. FOR THAT MATTER- alow us to turn around to avoid it like gaze atts in XI. I can only hope that all this is stuff that was in the works from day one but server lag/issues had crimpled the implementation. And also hope that 2.0 will see the overhaul of monster AI and abilities. I dont like it when mobs cast spells we no longer have.
    To sum it up. Add to the combo system. Being able to combo silmier to BR without have to Q would be a very interesting and fun addition if done right, and i do beleive what most people are hopn for! Br added effects where imo more strategic then what XI had. Keep em.
    And the new crit incentives on comboing is also a much better way then creating visual elemental effects with and added bonus. Would like to see Mages gain tp threw casting where in combod spells cost tp and a say half the mp cost rather then so much mp OR perhaps comboing spells reduce mp cost of next spell say maybe only -20% or something small.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ian Nai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Vote here if you think I need to add to my post count ^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thanos Xiv
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ARytheart View Post
    Combos are an amazing addition to this game, can only imagine if they had been on the table from the start. If all the money spent on the mechanics that were trashed had gone to Ws combos not to mention if it had the past 2years of player testing. I hope to see more built ontop of what alrdy exsists, for example take into account that most mobs and melee should do more line and conal AoE attacks so as to add the idea that placement around the mobs is an important mechnics for more then just combos but damage avoidance as well. Seems like that was suppose to play and important part in this game from get go, noting many of the lower mobs conal tp attacks. ex.-puks, yarson. What im talkn about is. Take Uraeus petrify att. Its a conal right. So give us the time we need to get out of it. What are we talkn here. and extra second maybe two. FOR THAT MATTER- alow us to turn around to avoid it like gaze atts in XI. I can only hope that all this is stuff that was in the works from day one but server lag/issues had crimpled the implementation. And also hope that 2.0 will see the overhaul of monster AI and abilities. I dont like it when mobs cast spells we no longer have.
    To sum it up. Add to the combo system. Being able to combo silmier to BR without have to Q would be a very interesting and fun addition if done right, and i do beleive what most people are hopn for! Br added effects where imo more strategic then what XI had. Keep em.
    And the new crit incentives on comboing is also a much better way then creating visual elemental effects with and added bonus. Would like to see Mages gain tp threw casting where in combod spells cost tp and a say half the mp cost rather then so much mp OR perhaps comboing spells reduce mp cost of next spell say maybe only -20% or something small.
    VOTE HERE IF YOU THINK ARYHEART NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO PARAGRAPH.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Blaise Lallaise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    It's time for another Good Idea - Bad Idea.

Good Idea: The combo system in general.
    Bad Idea: The lack of combo choices given to us.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Corrderio Arseid
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Good idea, but bad execution. The directional thing for melee is more of a crutch than anything.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Loridion Lenchvire
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaiseLallaise View Post
    It's time for another Good Idea - Bad Idea.

Good Idea: The combo system in general.
    Bad Idea: The lack of combo choices given to us.
    he runs around in underwear!

I can't be the only one getting this reference.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fated Erskine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    ITT OP makes a one sided poll so he can get thumbed.

The combo system is a great introduction, however, it needs a ton of refinement.
    (5)

Player

The combo system is a solid base for what can become a great tool - for both solo and party play. Giving solo combo ability obviously helps solo players to keep damage up without the tp and mp cost. The situation is similar for party play as well; tanks can use WSs to increase enmity and dps can increase damage to keep chains alive etc. Also, though, intuition points to a clear development of cross class combos that will most likely be accompanied with "magic burst" type bonuses - the same idea in place for FFXI. This will most likely be introd with 1.21; seeing as those new classes are to be more defined party roles.

The positioning aspects of certain combos is important as well. Think about when mobs become harder to kill and fights become longer. Combos will be used to attack certain physical features of mobs - necessary to win the fight or get specific drops (speculation at best but this is SE). So the long and the short of it is that the combo system is primitive at the moment; but, looks to be very promising.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sasha Calico
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I would like it if you could complete other player's combos how fun would that be? First thm casts thunder....second casts thundara...second casts thunder...and first casts thundara for massive damage quickly. The possibilities would be endless. Also visual effects on the mobs would be nice too like how it used to be when you incap a dodo's legs and it couldnt chase you very fast like it was permanently affected with heavy.

Player
    Character
    Schera Narukami
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Great idea, too bad anything but an NM or Ifrit level mob dies before a combo is done. Kind of reminds me of a SAM 2hring a mob in Dynamis for light, only to have the BLM blow it up after Yuki.
    (2)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast