Character
    Jetei Avagnar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 57

Social Club! Balmung Nights!

"For every new friend you make, an entire night could be spent talking, roleplaying, doing content, yet with our server locked, its important more than ever to create bridges to meet new faces! Balmung Nights is a social club designed for the committed and isolated in mind, with an FC house, linkshell, and discord! The best part? Stay in your current FC and you're still a fully-fledged member! Come and meet new people, find parties, and be a night all your own!"

That's the recruitment ad! It was pretty hard to fit all of that information into one paragraph! As the ad says, we're creating a social group (not just an FC!) to solve some unique problems on Balmung. Those problems being centered on feeling isolated in a highly developed server, filled with established FCs and cliques that make getting into new social circles quite difficult if not downright impossible.

The goal of Balmung Nights is to be common ground for players in many different FCs and different categories. Hardcore, softcore, casual, raider, pvper, roleplayer, its a place of common ground who's goal is to get people to connect and mix, build new bridges, and make new friends. With our server locked, the challenges of overcoming the isolation present in Balmung is steeper than its ever been before, and from the people I've spoken too, it has been a leading factor in their decision to move away from Balmung into other (mostly Mateus) servers! With the way the social club is built, its goal is to only add another layer of social interaction and opportunity, and not take away. If you are in an FC, no problem! You can be a fully-fledged member by just joining the discord and linkshell! No linkshell slots open? No problem, just join the discord! No linkshell and no discord room left? Well, then it sounds like you have all the socializing you'll ever need!

I'm not exactly an expert myself in how to run a social club, so for now if you are interested in joining, go ahead and post here or whisper me in-game if you'd like to join or want more information!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kloe Fluffypaws
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Hi there, I run a small but growing discord server community called FC Alliance Network which is for FC's across servers and datacenters to socialize and collaborate with one another in a friendly community. I'm wondering if we might be able to partner or collaborate in some way. Can you please send me a pm on discord? Kloe#5403
    (1)

Character
    Jetei Avagnar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 57
    Sure thing! That sounds like a great idea!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Uxbal Dahlmann
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 47
    Hey, so after a year away fro the game I'm back and I'm looking for a way to connect with players. I used to play FFXI and I really miss the social aspect of the game (I've only partied with other players during dungeons).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Teodora Solaris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 22
    Hi, I've been looking for a friendly ls (been away for 2 years) I even made a ls of my own ^^ my character is called Teodora Solaris.
    (0)