Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ManuelBravo View Post
    IF they still don't listen refuse to tank until they get it together or request to be kicked.
    I play DPS because i dont enjoy tanking or healing. I pay a price for this choice in long(sometimes very long) que times, and i accept that. I have never purposefully(and only a few times accidently) pulled groups for the tank. I do on occasion end up standing beyond where the tank stopped running, but this is mostly due to unpredictable tanks(start and stop pulling drives me mad). Im not really a "drama" player. I shoot things til they die, then move on. But i do have issue with the quote i pulled above. If you dont like the group and they wont listen to you, dont just pout and ask to be kicked. Just leave and eat your penalty like an adult. Ive left groups of people i couldnt deal with, and MY penalty is much worse then yours is.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Manuel Bravo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    I play DPS because i dont enjoy tanking or healing. I pay a price for this choice in long(sometimes very long) que times, and i accept that. I have never purposefully(and only a few times accidently) pulled groups for the tank. I do on occasion end up standing beyond where the tank stopped running, but this is mostly due to unpredictable tanks(start and stop pulling drives me mad). Im not really a "drama" player. I shoot things til they die, then move on. But i do have issue with the quote i pulled above. If you dont like the group and they wont listen to you, dont just pout and ask to be kicked. Just leave and eat your penalty like an adult. Ive left groups of people i couldnt deal with, and MY penalty is much worse then yours is.
    Hence communication,as a tank ( those who actually know how to tank ) should be able to gauge their DPS off their fist pull or big pull. If range DPS / Healers there really shouldn't be a reason to keep hoping around if you know range. As close range DPS, some like to be fancy and tanks who play those jobs can adjust better. Experience varies however if your range there really shouldn't be a reason to keep moving around unless avoiding aoe.I will agree with you some tanks that I've seen do too many unnecessary movements and is usually do to being afraid to stun or don't know how and when. You also have to keep in mind that some healers don't sprint or keep up with the tank so stop and going is a must at ti mes. Yes I hate it when tanks do that as well, yet it burns me up when healers or dps use spells or actions while pulling that make our jobs harder.I will give you some credit this is the nature of the beast. Unless we make our own parties we all have to deal with it. As for a Drama player, nah I think people just are too delicate to accept each others play style. Some make sense, and for some players they lack common sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veltis Shan
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    That's like sitting down with crossed arms in a soccer game for fun because your goalkeeper left his goal and did an offensive action.

I'll never understand people making a small annoyance into something like: DPS hits one out of three enemies of the next group, tanks starts typing (totally important), healer gets emnity of the other 2, healer dies, group dies, tank finished writing, that he is sooo annoyed.
    Just do that flash/overpower/unmend and continue playing.

I'll never get that type of drama queen tanks. When a dumb person drops a stone in the well, I'm glad to face the decoyed orcs, instead of throwing him into the well, too.
    Those are terrible examples you set up there in response to Jas his post and you know it.
    If they run ahead without the consent of the tank and pull more stuff on purpose, then its their fault and should get reprimanded by that action.

What stops them from asking the tank first before doing that, huh?
    Nothing, outside being a uncommunicative and selfish player.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    (6)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Jas710 View Post
    If people other than the tank deliberately run ahead and act as the puller, let them tank their aggro and subsequently die. Repeat where necessary until they figure it out.
    I tend to play that way as well. If they want to push the speed and pull mobs, I let them die. One run a hasty dps decided to pull the boss when I was not even in the zone yet. I let the dps go splat and then picked up the boss.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    As a healer I can't understand how you can lose a tank to a big pull (unless he's obviously undergeared and didn't play accordingly)
    Even when my tank was a fresh 70 and my boyfriend also was a new whitemage (and we were both not especially good with those alt jobs) we could pull everything one go.

I also rarely dps if the tank is not well geared as I consider that losing the tank would lengthen the duration of the dungeon by an amount I could never compensate with my dps contribution.
    I only dps when I consider it's 100% safe. If there's a slight chance the tanks dies (because he's undergeared, doesn't play well or anything else), I rather spend 5-6 more sec per pack than wipe and walk back
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Malora Lyra
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    I\\\\'ll never understand people making a small annoyance into something like: DPS hits one out of three enemies of the next group, tanks starts typing (totally important), healer gets emnity of the other 2, healer dies, group dies, tank finished writing, that he is sooo annoyed.
    Just do that flash/overpower/unmend and continue playing.
    I mean if I'm tanking and someone accidentally pulls or it looks to be an accident I'll tank. If people are purposefully pulling for me even after I ask them to stop they can tank. Like I asked you to stop and you wouldn't. I only ask if I don't feel comfortable. I'm also not a tank main I'm a dps main so sometimes if I haven't tanked for a while it's hard to adjust.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aelio Reonin
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 66
    People that are like, "Oh you don't like having to run after mobs or worry about other fights taking place that you didn't initiate, you must be very sensitive." are stupid. If you want to control the pace of a dungeon and pull mobs then roll a tank. Just like if I wanted to heal or dps I would pick that class. I've also heard "Well if you don't like them pulling say something" and I do if it annoys me enough, I tend to let my actions speak for themselves but I will speak up if necessary. At the same time though, should a tank really have to say "Hey let me pull the mobs"... no... If anything you a-holes who want to run ahead and be stupid can ask me "Hey you mind if I run around and do the things that you should be doing?" that makes more sense to me.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Aelio Reonin
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 66
    An even better question to ask a tank, if you have a problem with the pace of things, is to simply say "Hey we can take bigger pulls, I have AOE etc.". That is just as simple and more appropriate in my opinion than running ahead and doing whatever you want. On occasion and if it happens by accident I understand but communication goes both ways and I'm not going to run after crap. Not sure if these people have played tanks or not but go ahead and try paladin out and then come talk to me. I'm not saying it's too hard necessarily but it is a sort of work and I'd like my job to be as simple and as easy as possible. I also find that if those who run ahead and do their nonsense, if they would just stay and kill the enemies that have been already engaged we would be moving along just as fast if not faster.
    (9)
    Last edited by Aelio; 06-15-2018 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Added more

Player
    Character
    Cain Crimson
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 55
    This is why I try to play all roles and understand how they work together, rather than just my own point of view.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Aelio Reonin
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 66
    I wanted to make a new topic on this but apparently my lvl 60 char isn't high enough and therefore I can't create new threads... dumb... anyway, I don't understand some of the people in this game... I just got out of a dungeon where a DPS was running ahead and just going crazy. Looking from afar you'd think they were in the dungeon by themselves. I really don't understand this. What is it exactly that motivates people to play like this? This is an online MMORPG, you are in a dungeon with other party members who, like yourself, have a specific role to play; What are you doing? It's like these people are so impatient they HAVE to press 'W' and click click click at every opportunity they get. Maybe it's all of the long storyline cutscenes that have these people on edge, I don't know. And that's another reason why it doesn't make sense. If you play this game, you know things take time, there are mechanics at work and things that have to take place in order to successfully clear things.
    (2)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast