Player
    Character
    Chloe Grace
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Fewer confirmation windows

The sheer number of confirmation windows in this game is staggering.
    It's not user friendly. If anything, it's cumbersome and beyond frustrating.

About 80% of the time, it's just not needed. Sure, if I fat finger my retainer to reset jobs, I want that protection. But for things like aetheryte tickets, I want to use them automatically. Don't even ask me. I clicked on the teleport. Yes, that is where I want to go. Yes, I want to use the ticket. This is just one example of many.

I get that it's a CYA measure for devs and GMs ("Sorry, you clicked ok, nothing we can do...") but enough is enough. Most actions just don't need it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Haurchefant Graystone
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50
    The ones that annoy me are duties like Copperbell or Sastasha. Yes, I want to use the sand, yes I want to pick up the key. Is that really necessary? I can't think of any example where someone would say no.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    I agree in most cases (though not on some of your specifics). If I go talk to a ferryman or elevator attendant in order to go somewhere and then select where I want to go, it's safe to assume I did that because I want to go there. Even in the highly unlikely situation that I clicked a destination I didn't want to go to, all I'd have to do is turn around and go back. Confirmation windows should be limited to cases where you cannot simply undo the action if you'd clicked it by mistake, or where mistakes are likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ChloeGrace View Post
    But for things like aetheryte tickets, I want to use them automatically. Don't even ask me. I clicked on the teleport. Yes, that is where I want to go. Yes, I want to use the ticket.
    Now there's an example where a question is necessary. I want to use my aetherite tickets on expensive teleports where they'll save me hundreds of gil each, not waste them on short 25 gil teleports. So depending on where I'm going, I'll occasionally want to use a ticket, but more often not. And nothing I've clicked yet before that "confirmation" window indicates which it is (which makes it not really a confirmation of anything, but new information).

The thing I don't like is they look too much like the usual confirmation windows of "do you want to spend X gil to travel to ...?" so my habitual answer is to say "Yes" since I already looked at the cost before clicking the destination. But when you have aetherite tickets, answering "No" actually means the same thing that answering "Yes" would otherwise — they both mean spend the gil indicated when you selected your destination. SE should either get rid of the normal gil confirmation window, or else make the aetherite ticket one look different, like give it three buttons rather than the same "Yes" and "No". If it had three buttons for "use ticket" "use gil" or "cancel", it wouldn't cause that confusion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm with Niwashi on this one. I usually don't spend my tickets unless it's a teleport that'll cost me over 300g :P

How about a "don't ask me again" checkbox to go with your confirmation window, that you can change at will through settings later on?
    (0)