Character
    Mr Macigno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

Suggestions and ideas for dungeons

1. Random enemies and random position
    2. Possibility to meet notorius monsters as optional fight (interesting items could be dropped)
    3. New dungeons with diffrent paths (a big rock, a big trunk or a broken bridge could block a path and force the party to take a different path)
    4. New dungeons with mechanics that force to split the party for a part of the run (some NPCs could help during this parts)
    5. Boss difficulty and final reward (experience points, gil, tomestones, drop rate, etc) based on the number of mobs killed during the run (this could encourage to clear all areas and maybe we will have again new dungeons with open space and optional rooms)
    6. Some mechanics or some enemy abilities in order to avoid big pulls and so the speedruns, for example an enemy skill able to give bonus on HP/defense to all linked enemies based on their number
    7. Making a dungeon a little bit hard will require more time to be completed, so completion should give a greater reward
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Omnium Timorum
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    There have been posts long ago asking for similar stuff. Since that has yet to happen, I doubt things will change in the future. Would be nice to have diversity in the dungeons though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I think more random and less scripted alone would change things up. I don't see it changing anytime soon though.
    (0)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Character
    Rastiana Bel'briar
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The community is currently in 2 camps... camp A just wants to speed clear everything and doesn't care about dungeon design... camp B wants slower more interesting dungeons ... unfortunately camp A is way more vocal here in the forums
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Okamimaru View Post
    [...]camp B wants slower more interesting dungeons [...]
    That will be speedrun anyway.

People run dungeons the first time for the heck of it, every time afterwards for the rewards. That's why content like PotD is speedrun just as much as any regular dungeon. You can slow people down with gates, mechanics, traps and whatnot, but that doesn't change the principle, people will still try to clear ASAP to get the reward ASAP.

And even if you give the reward proportional to the amount of enemies killed, it might not be worth going out of your way for a few enemies. That can create a conflicting interest - for the DPS, a 100% clear might be better due to queue times, but the tank and healer rather run 60% twice in the same time due to their insta-queues. It's not dissimilar to silver chests vs cairn rush - people who want aetherpool will often want to kill more enemies than people who already have max aetherpool and just want XP.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mr Macigno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Thanks for replies, I'm interested to know what other players think about this topic.
    Generally speaking I think this is a great game but concerning the dungeons section I believe it really needs some changes in order to make this part less monotonous, more enjoyable and a bit more challenging (some dungeons are too easy and really boring, specially when you already did a dungeon multiple times).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mr Macigno
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Yes, I know players who want the speedrun do not agree with this changes
    (0)