Player
    Character
    Flutter Butter
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Should we have a 'backfill' reward?

For those who don't know there is a system in overwatch that rewards players for joining in progress matches. I was wondering what your guys' thoughts would be if they were to implement a similar reward for helping parties that have person leave. I'm not sure if it should work the same if someone gets kicked since people get kicked for extremely petty stuff now a days.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Futhaammah Nesro
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I think it's a great idea, honestly. you're taking a risk by joining in-progress since the group is obviously having at least one problem already(most of the time) and it's also helping them.

That's plenty enough reason to throw extra rewards on it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    If there was a way to see which in-prog duties are missing members I'd probably watch the list and jump on as many as I could, especially if you're giving me an additional reward for helping. At the moment, people have to let their linkshell know what duty they are in and what role is missing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    No In Progress bonus. 24 Mans have people who drop all the time once they get their loot. Should someone who happens to join because of this get a bonus?

I join In Progress all the time. Everytime I queue. A shorter dungeon for me and that is the reward.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintersandman View Post
    No In Progress bonus. 24 Mans have people who drop all the time once they get their loot. Should someone who happens to join because of this get a bonus?

I join In Progress all the time. Everytime I queue. A shorter dungeon for me and that is the reward.
    This exactly. Sure, you might get something you hate because others hate it and leave at the first sign of it popping up/going wrong, but most of the time you join and it's pretty far in(had one leveling roulette I joined as DPS that was Brayflox NM at final boss, they had already started it, free clear for me on leveling rou). That is bonus enough. While not always the case, it is a possibility.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    If there was a way to see which in-prog duties are missing members I'd probably watch the list and jump on as many as I could, especially if you're giving me an additional reward for helping. At the moment, people have to let their linkshell know what duty they are in and what role is missing.
    How specific are we talking with regards to this list? Don't get me wrong: I don't mind the idea of it. I can just see, if specific duties were listed, how some instances would be a bit more...challenging to fill (Aurum Vale or Dzemael Darkhold in-progs anyone?).

I honestly think that roulettes should have something like this. Especially since roulette experience scales based on your participation, so it's a loss to queue roulettes in-progress. Since that option is auto-selected by default now, some could forget to turn it off for dailies, and end up in a Leveling Roulette where they're past the second boss or further. That's a pretty massive chunk of lost experience.

If we're talking about an experience bonus, you could just exclude 24-man alliance raids from this (especially since it wouldn't matter for the current 24-mans anyways, since they're already at cap). Just offer bonuses for joining in-progress leveling duties in the form of a little extra experience or something. Similar to the "Adventurer in Need" experience/Gil bonus you see for roulettes.

I always queue in-progress for 1. Shorter queue time (hopefully), and 2. To be nice and help a party in need. Just kinda sucks sometimes when I forget to deselect in-progress for my roulettes and end up losing out on roulette experience because my Leveling Roulette duty was on the last boss. :c
    (0)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 09-22-2017 at 02:34 AM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    I always queue in-progress for 1. Shorter queue time (hopefully), and 2. To be nice and help a party in need. Just kinda sucks sometimes when I forget to deselect in-progress for my roulettes and end up losing out on roulette experience because my Leveling Roulette duty was on the last boss. :c
    You should still get experience. I do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    You should still get experience. I do.
    You get more roulette experience if you are present for the entire roulette versus just the last boss. Roulette experience is scaled based on participation and the discrepancy between your level and the duty level. If you get an in-prog leveling, you will still receive experience, but less so than if you got a fresh instance (not in-progress).
    (0)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    You get more roulette experience if you are present for the entire roulette versus just the last boss. Roulette experience is scaled based on participation and the discrepancy between your level and the duty level. If you get an in-prog leveling, you will still receive experience, but less so than if you got a fresh instance (not in-progress).
    Where do you get your information? Because I have had no difference as in progress or fresh run with the exception of missed trash but depending on the dungeon it is almost worth it to miss the trash.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...xp_get_cut_if/
    (0)
    Last edited by Wintersandman; 09-26-2017 at 03:43 AM.