Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Princess Sakura
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 52

Tank skill gap, should SE do more? (damage taken issues/ hate issues)

I do realize people hate "dumbing down" suggestions and I know SE made small adjustments to make taking easier. However I still see lots of problems.

There should be NO REASON!!!! we get a wipe with me sitting there using all my lustrates/ dissipation (pact before dissipation use) and physick SPAM when I had nothing left. I had a tank, take more damage then me sitting there spamming my physick button, after all my other abilities used, he still managed to die. I explained this in party chat and was kicked after. So if I am going to be kicked abused because tanking is too hard, I really have to suggest making it easier.

At the very LEAST have tips IN GAME that gives tips how to space defensive CDS and the fact THEY NEED TO BE USED!!! not when one is low in HP or depending a healer to heal everything. Currently the average DF tank is too hard/ stressful to heal.

There is too much of a gap between good tanks and bad ones. With good tanks EoS does most of the healing, with bad tanks, they manage to die even with me using ALL MY TOOLS!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kacho Nacho
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 57
    Snow Princess, staying alive is the responsibility of both parties. If a healer could carry a tank who didn't use any of their defensive cooldown, there be little reason for tanks to have defensive cooldowns in the first place.

The basic problem you are facing is that little thing called personality types. Some players read each spell and ask others for suggestions for when best to use them. While other players cannot be bothered to read the spell tooltips and blame other players for their failings.

S.E could put more tips in the game regarding tanking but those tips won't do much unless the can't be bothered tank players decide to be better tanks. That takes time and peer pressure.

Yes, the bad tank managed to get you kicked today; but, how many times do you think he's going to be able to blame the healer and get away with it? Soon, he'll be the one kicked and it will happen again and again.

Maybe then, maybe, that cannot be bothered tank will see the light and change into a tank who studies his cooldowns and cooldowns.
    (43)

Player
    Character
    Paiyne Xenix
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Or more likely just goes dps/always thinks it's the healers fault forever
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tali Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Just re-queue, you're a healer, not as if you'll have long to wait.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Coatl Days
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Adlo spam is better than physics in situations where the shield absorbs damage and breaks before your next adlo. If the tank is bad just simply stop healing them and demand they kick you. There is no point in a dungeon where you as healer don't have control or say in what happens. If they kicked you just find another party, it's not a big deal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miuna Shiodome
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    *Eye-roll* There are just as many bad tanks as there are bad everything else, healers included. Nothing like rotating all your CDs only for the healer to let you die on a single group pull. You are going to encounter players of diverse skill levels, that's life I'm afraid.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Gunsa Cabalabob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    This is another one of those 2 sides to every story posts. We aren't getting the full picture here, for all we know you blew everything right away on 90% overhealing then had nothing left. Or your "explanation" that it was the tanks fault could have been worded rather rudely which is why you were kicked.

That's not to say bad tanks don't exist, but a good healer can most definitely carry a bad tank, there's not really more of a skill gap there than on any other job. Bad dps, a pull will take too long, bad healer, the tank won't survive long enough, bad tank, the pull was probably larger than they were ready for. It's a group effort, everyone is contributing something and if that something is lacking, you're all going to die.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    The anonymity of the internet is what leads people to become jerks online.

You could make a game where all you did was run through fields of flowers holding hands and you'd still get a guy telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    Everyone knows you skip through fields of flowers holding hands, running noobs need to go back to WoW.

Player
    Character
    Mi An
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    If as healer were not able to keep tank alive, it is tank's fault.

Or I decided it must die for party's sake. It may happen. Turtle killers are first of the list.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shao Kuraisenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    manage you defensive skills are part of the tank job yes thats something pretty important, but the actual meta actually "force you" to reduce you defense and emity generation in order to dealt more DPS, and thats one of the biggest isues with tanks for know, im starting to leveling my WHM just for do something and have a healer, im lvl 44 and yesterday doing dungeons i find 3 tanks, one in haukker mannor and 2 on stone vigil how refuse to use the tank stance after pulls (they forgeth turn it on after) bcs they want to be "good tanks" making me want to kill them my self (they pull a lot in those pulls, the ice spirits more dragons are ughh)more bcs they only have that job at that lvl or other jobs around the same lvl.

so yeah tanks problems start for dont doing they job properly and following a meta how reduce you defensive and emity even more, yes tank survivol is a 2 person job but in my opinion tanks shouldt have to reduce they defense in order to mid max they dps, tanks in my opinion need to be able to dealt they max dps without reducing defense making tanks and team sinergy being able to mid max they DPS without adding extra weight on the other 7 members of the team and prevent the gap skill we are having right now on new-regular tanks
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Leave and queue after penalty, if a vote kick is not accepted. Some teams are more worth the 30-minute penalty than they're worth the headache they cause.

There's no single solution to people having no clue how to play their jobs, tanks or otherwise.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast