Player
    Character
    Magi Magicker
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 32

Using metallic dyes

I tried using metallic dyes with my main character, and couldn't figure them out. I'm above level 15, and did the colour quest.
    To see if I understood dying I used the bone white dye, and it worked fine so I dyed the characters clothing with it.

Can anyone explain how the metallic dyes from the shop are different in use from the basic colour dyes please ?.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    dyes from the mogstation are untradeable. you cannot buy them with real money and sell them on the marketboard for gil that would be a form of RMT. the only way to get metallic/pure white/jet black dye that you can sell or use is from quick ventures on your retainer. They are more rare and/or desirable. Pure White/Jet Black can go for upwards of 500K+ gil on your market.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Its possible youre picking the wrong one? There are 2 seperate versions of the cash-shop dyes in the in-game interface. You might be choosing the wrong one(the one you dont have) to apply. Ill try to do a test for you when i log in and see if i can spot any issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The metallic dyes (along with pure white, jet black and pastel colours) are 'rare' dyes, that are just extra special shades - the metallic ones especially are...metallic so they make clothes look fancier if you dye them in those colours. As Frizze mentioned above though, there are actually two different types of those dyes - the 'normal' version which is unique and untradeable, and cannot be sold on the Market Board or traded to another player (and thus these are the ones you get on the Mogstation), and 'General Purpose' which do not have those restrictions, thus they can be bought and sold on the Market Board (these are crafted by an ALC with sufficient skill and materials or found through Retainer Ventures).

Either have the same effect when used though, they just turn your armour or clothing fancier colours. Incidentally on the dye interface the metallic dyes are listed separately to the regular colours, they're found at the right hand end by clicking the circle which is in multiple colours.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Kasai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    All the metallic dyes are in the rainbow area of the colors - make sure you click on that circle to see them. You still need to have the dye in inventory to use it also.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    They are used the exact same way as the basic color dyes. The only difference is that the ones from the cash shop are untradeable while the ones from retainers are very expensive due to their rarity. There's no difference in how they work.
    (2)

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~