Player
    Character
    J'atoh Jostar
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52

Newbie Raid question

Hellos! Not a newbie per se but didn't really nowhere else to ask on the forums. I've asked people in game but still can't figure it out...how do you get back to your spot in OS1 when the ice floor is up?! I'm the OT in the NE corner who's on a ps4 pad if that makes any difference. So Downburst is cast, we get pushed straight back, then I push up to slide into the center and then what? I've pushed up, up right, up left, right. Does the camera position matter since I tried to test that out too.
    (0)

Character
    Rastiana Bel'briar
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    As a SAM I use gyoten to rush back in avoiding the slip n slide effect... as a tank I have no idea... probably best to ask in the tank section
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noyoyo Noyo
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    There are plenty of ways to do this.
    If you are DRK or WAR, simply use your gapcloser to go back to the boss and wait until the ice floor disappears and adjust your position a little as to not clip with anyone else (usually melee dps)
    If you are PLD you can either slide back to center and wait there (adjusting your position slightly after ice floor disappeared, like previous case) or simply slide back to your previous NE position (using back on controller, but I'm not sure).
    (0)
    Last edited by mosaicex; 09-14-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    For the first ice, it's pretty simple.

Take your position (NE corner)
    Get knocked back by Downburst
    Immediately slide to centre
    Once the orbs explode, go right back to where the boss pushed you a few seconds before
    Do the wiggle in the last second between the ice disappearing and getting zapped if it looks like you'll clip someone.

If other people are in your spot tell them to GTFO. Also, fwiw, I survived getting clipped by a teammate yesterday as WHM- about 38k HP with vit melds and food. So clipping doesn't mean auto-wipe any more if people have a lot of i330 and i340 gear plus food and HP melds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    J'atoh Jostar
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    Thanks for the help guys but I
    figured it out. After he casts dowburst and you slide back into the middle, I need to untarget him. My camera swivles when I'm locked on to him and slide into middle so it messes up my camera and changes my controls.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naria Starcatcher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You can disable lock on if you want under system configuration - Gamepad/controller settings.
    (0)