Player
    Character
    Zamorakian Framez
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

What About 2v2?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could jump into some 2v2 arenas??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alius Arkwighte
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Framez View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could jump into some 2v2 arenas??
    Can't people 2v2 in custom matches or is it 4 minimum?

For dueling that would be cool. For anything competitive with rewards Locke do behind it, probably not because games would be dominated by Healer + Healer or Healer + Tank teams which would not be fun at all and would take forever.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Krolja Ajor
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    Nooooooo. Lord no. Healing is far too powerful, and CC is nonexistent from classes that would need it to do well in a 2v2 situation aka every melee.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cynric Caliburn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolja View Post
    Nooooooo. Lord no. Healing is far too powerful, and CC is nonexistent from classes that would need it to do well in a 2v2 situation aka every melee.
    Also to add to this, I don't think any job currently has the capability to solo kill through healing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krolja Ajor
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    Just to add to Cynric's observation, I believe a complete rework of all the classes would be required for 2v2 to become a viable alternative. Each melee would need to be given certain forms of CC so they can help contain healers. Healers would need to be given cooldowns longer than 20-40 seconds, or reduce the power of the small cooldowns and give them major cooldowns to pop during pressure.

There's just tons of things that would need to be done to the entire system. 4v4 still needs a lot of work, imo. A lot. So let's create a good foundation of competitive PvP in 4v4, and then maybe we can talk to about 2v2.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    4v4 Feast Unranked would be nice. To be honest, I miss Wolves Den as it was quite fun & not as 'intense' as Feast can get.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    4v4 Unranked - in the form of Cross Server Custom matches - is slated for 4.1, thankfully.

Between the quick chat spam, the botting, the wintrading (the SAME PEOPLE WINTRADING after 5 seasons), match throwing, and my own personal lack of time to make any real progress, I'm just done with ranked Feast. The Feast itself can be fun, but as things are now, Ranked Feast stopped being fun like 2 seasons ago.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Krolja Ajor
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Culfinrandir View Post
    4v4 Feast Unranked would be nice. To be honest, I miss Wolves Den as it was quite fun & not as 'intense' as Feast can get.
    I would LOVE to have the Feast be like arena from WoW rather than the medal system. It's unlikely it would work in the current form of PvP due to PvPs bursty nature, but the medal system is flawed. I lost a match last night because we were winning so hard everyone on my team had medal stacks, tank died in the last 45 seconds, enemy team ran back to their spawn and turtled. Felt good to be at a disadvantage simply because my team was outperforming the other.

Medal system needs revisions or they need to discuss new ways to do the Feast. Something needs to be done.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eternal Arcadia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolja View Post
    I would LOVE to have the Feast be like arena from WoW rather than the medal system. It's unlikely it would work in the current form of PvP due to PvPs bursty nature, but the medal system is flawed. I lost a match last night because we were winning so hard everyone on my team had medal stacks, tank died in the last 45 seconds, enemy team ran back to their spawn and turtled. Felt good to be at a disadvantage simply because my team was outperforming the other.

Medal system needs revisions or they need to discuss new ways to do the Feast. Something needs to be done.
    If your team was so ahead how did one tank death mean loss to turtling??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krolja Ajor
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61
    250 medals, they chase us to our base, snipe tank, Sprint to their base, turtle, win.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast