Player
    Character
    Henalie Aubrenard
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

Please make the primal totem buy available when the primal is added!

Today I completed a full stack of totems from Susano and a full stack of totems from Lakshmi. Now I have to sit on them until the trade-in is added to get my mounts.

Can we get the trade in at the same time as the primal? If we've put in the work to get 99 totems why do we have to wait for the mount? I just feel cheated when Random McShmoe brags about having won both mounts in the same day, and after nearly 200 clears all I have to show for it are two piles very suggestively shaped totems.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    These fights are still current content, SE wants you to be using those totems on weapons etc. right now while the content is current, and for you to keep the content queues alive by continuing to farm in the hopes of getting the mount.

Basically the 99 totem thing is staggered to encourage players to do the content when it is no longer relevant. It sucks for you to not have the mount after 99 runs, but the game design is sound.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elariel Balath
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    It'd be nice to have the option, yeah. Especially in the early expansion cycle when there's not a whole lot of other things to do at max level. No relics to work on hurts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Henalie Aubrenard
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    These fights are still current content, SE wants you to be using those totems on weapons etc. right now while the content is current, and for you to keep the content queues alive by continuing to farm in the hopes of getting the mount.

Basically the 99 totem thing is staggered to encourage players to do the content when it is no longer relevant. It sucks for you to not have the mount after 99 runs, but the game design is sound.
    Do people even carry on past 99 though? I imagine that most people (save the very desperate) stop at 99 anyway. I know a totem buy is coming, and I got all the weapons and accessories I need through those 99 runs (for every job). I disagree that it is sound, The totem buy will stay in long after the droprate has been buffed to the point where you can get it in ten runs, and knowing it's coming people will stop at 99 anyway. All holding the option to buy does is make people who've earned the mount wait for it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bravo Whiskey
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hen-Hen View Post
    Do people even carry on past 99 though? I imagine that most people (save the very desperate) stop at 99 anyway. I know a totem buy is coming, and I got all the weapons and accessories I need through those 99 runs (for every job). I disagree that it is sound, The totem buy will stay in long after the droprate has been buffed to the point where you can get it in ten runs, and knowing it's coming people will stop at 99 anyway. All holding the option to buy does is make people who've earned the mount wait for it.
    I know 3-4 people that have continued on past 99 in hopes the mount will drop. I see no issue leaving it as a drop until the next patch - 4 more players running current content is 4 more people keeping it healthy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Henalie Aubrenard
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pence View Post
    I know 3-4 people that have continued on past 99 in hopes the mount will drop. I see no issue leaving it as a drop until the next patch - 4 more players running current content is 4 more people keeping it healthy.
    99 clears is a lot of clears though, more than my sample of friends have cared to get between them, and of the four whistles I saw drop, every single one went to people who hadn't cleared even close to 99 times each. If you want to keep people in longer, take out the random drop and put in the totem buy straight away, because those who want to farm it will stay in until they hit 99, and people who aren't that bothered won't care there isn't a random drop anyway.

Also, is it healthy if someone is in your farm feeling annoyed that they have to keep going on random chance because they haven't put the buy in yet?
    (0)
    Last edited by Hen-Hen; 09-14-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ar'telan Qin
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pence View Post
    I know 3-4 people that have continued on past 99 in hopes the mount will drop.
    No offence, but... god, why? What is that gonna do other than frustrate you?

As far as I can tell, the totem buy serves two purposes: one, to keep content going, and two, to keep players from going utterly insane grinding out three stacks of ravana totems and still losing it to randoms. As it stands, the ex primals are not exactly hurting for participants, there's farms up at 5am server time on my data centre for crying out loud. There's not much else to do right now except savage, which has a lockout, or older primals, where the birds drop with immense frequency.

And for the second, the only reason people will go back in after 99 totem is either they're desperate to own a dog right now, this second, in which case calm down, or they're helping a friend out, in which case adding the buy immediately doesn't change that they'll go back in after.

I heal ex primals mostly, so I can only take like five or six runs before I go mad unless I get that rare, competent farm party, but I promise you, if your friends had been allowed to buy the dog immediately, the spots in those farms would've filled.
    (1)