Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Elara Hojaplateada
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Authorizations in this game need a big rework, at this moment a lot of them are risky like promotion\demotion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Snoopy Edin
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogekigami View Post
    It still be nice if se would least punish people who clearly stole even if its a warning and 3 strikes you get a suspension.
    I think this is much what I would have appreciated. Yes, it was a kick in the teeth for us, but the thought that this person can just go into more and more FCs and do the same thing is what really bugs me.

And I do understand where people are coming from with being unable to prove if it was a previous arrangement of some kind, however, I don't think that stance is very conducive in an MMO environment. It puts off the impression that SE is more concerned about molly coddling people who have a bad impact on the community, than encouraging good ones. They probably lose more subs to people being horrible to other people, than horrible people getting banned and then un-subbing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Snoopy Edin
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I don't think it was my FC leader's fault. Everything else was locked up tight, and he has a rank for fresh new people to the FC who don't have access to anything, including chest 1. Very few people would still distrust someone after they've sat in your FC for months without any trouble.
    And I believe he should keep it that way. Yes, I came up on here to complain about what happened, but I would still like to keep offering mats and prisms to all (non-noob rank) people in the FC.

I think too many people focused on the things that were lost. I was never expecting those back. Basically what some have said here, is *assume people are awful* - I prefer to live by *assume people are nice, but anticipate that you might be wrong*. The thing is, as the moment, we only have the tools to assume someone will do wrong, and no recourse if we decide to trust them and things go south.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuma Senpai
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Sad to hear this happen, and the permission system definitely could do with some reworks, though it'd come at the cost of how efficient the system already is, to where you simply have permissions and for the most part, anyone can give, and take at their own leisure.

If they've been around for a while, and have permissions to take items from a chest slot, then to all intents it is well within their right to take it. If the leader, or people are concerned with what was taken, or lost, then they should learn that it's perhaps not to take permissions lightly with people. Primarily the reason that I only craft food and potions for people in the FC on request, rather than filling the chest up, as if I do that it's well within their right to take a stack of 99, or everything and resell it for excess of 2 million. Sure, the person that done it would be quite the.... But, again, well within their right.

If the leader is torn about it, then probably best giving everyone view only privileges and have the items available only upon request. Then you have no need for a recourse if things go south.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaurhz; 09-14-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Just a guy who typically posts walls of text, often rarely making a point in said walls..

Kuma Senpai | Maria Azalea | Suke Kushi | Kaguya Hitoshi | Fuchsia Princess (All characters)

Player
    Character
    Solara Flynn
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I agree FC Permissions need an overhaul. In fact, I would love to see FCs given more attention generally, but at this stage I don't see it happening.

Proving an FC Leader didn't ask someone to clear the chest for them is practically impossible, so in the case of 'theft' from the chest, I can see why Square take the stance they do. But having said that, they are partly responsible for problems such as this and people promoting above their own rank, because the system they've created facilitates thpse actions.

Ideally, they'd take an interest in helping FCs to prevent scams and would work at closing loopholes. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be happening. It's almost impossible to get anyone official to pay attention when we raise FC issues here.

The same problems keep cropping up and people make threads asking for change but they usually die fairly quickly without an official response. It seems like a really big thread is needed to get someone's attention. Sadly, there just aren't that many players interested in FC management who come here and post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Solarra; 09-14-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    It's likely due to a coding problem. Promotion is strictly a binary action. You either can promote or not.

It cannot make the distinction of who is "higher ranking" You either can promote or demote others or not.
    It can't tell if your "Treasurer" rank is a higher rank than an "Officer" Rank (see my example in the earlier post).

The problem is a user perception one that makes assumptions. If you had created it in a certain order, you see the list and assume that because it's created first it has a higher significance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loki Laufeypurr
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Astral145 View Post
    • Slot 1 (common mats used for leves level 20 - 55) - This slot is for fc mates that joined 1 month ago and is working on crafts/gathering classes ... basically below level 55 in crafts/gathering.
    • Slot 2 Trusted FC mates (common mats used for leves/collectables level 55+) - This slot is for active FC mates that are helpful and only have FC interests in mind.
    • Slot 3 Trusted FC mates (rare and common end game mats) - This slot is for active end game crafters that are helpful and only have the FC interests in mind.

What I mean by FC interests: actively helping others by crafting leveling gear for newbies or running content to help clear MSQ dungeons...ect. Basically wanting to help give other fc mates the best experience possible.
    This is what my old FC did after a theft. only a few people could access tab 3 which had the rarer items. It worked much better.
    (0)
    ~I am Loki, goddess of chaos and cupcakes~

Player
    Character
    Elara Hojaplateada
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by QT_Melon View Post
    Coding problem? Then they need to hire better coders, WoW worked like that since forever (and others games like RIFT or Wildstar).

There you can only promote to a rank below yours and it works the same if you want to kick anyone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Solara Flynn
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by QT_Melon View Post
    It's likely due to a coding problem. Promotion is strictly a binary action. You either can promote or not.
    I understand that's how it works at the moment, but I am not inclined to let them off.
    Every other game I have played has had Guild ranks in a proper hierarchy. WoW is a much older game, yet it gives control over how much members can take from the Guild Bank. If older games can create more user-friendly systems, I see no reason why FFXIV cannot do the same.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Driavna View Post
    Coding problem? Then they need to hire better coders, WoW worked like that since forever (and others games like RIFT or Wildstar).

There you can only promote to a rank below yours and it works the same if you want to kick anyone.
    I'm not saying it to disagree, I'm just stating why they have problems. Let's be honest here I love SE...but their UI development overall is not the greatest. It's a definite improvement over what was in 1.0 but look how we had issues in the past, like buying Coke from a Grand Company. How tedious the process is. The fact there's a lot of token bloat for items that long should have been currency (Ventures is finally going to be in the currency tab....). Things like how we couldn't preview gearsets (even the new interface is clunky in previews when trying to try on multiple pieces).

It even trickles down to Mogstation where buying items is an extremely tedious process that often causes card companies to flag transactions as fraudulent.

Then there's the matter this is built on top of 1.0 so they still have to keep tearing it down little by little without trying to break something else.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2