Character
    Snoopy Edin
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 72

People exploiting FC rights.

Please review your policy on players that loot an FC then leave

Our FC opened access to an FC chest to all members that have been around for min. a month, and we put all the items that are tricky or take time to get, so that people could get involved in fc crafts.
    Someone who had been in our FC for months, took everything and then dropped out of the FC. Scam? He was here long enough for trust and then stole everything.

I reported this, and SE says it was our fault. I thought that was pretty disgusting. Here we are, trying to get new players involved in the fc, and this happens. Its not our fault that someone exploited kindness and trust.

As it is, you are encouraging people to stay within close knit circles, and disclude new players, as we have no recourse to turn to. We cant go harass that player to try get the stuff back, as thats against ToS. As it is, word is getting around, so that player probably wont be in any FCs, but really? Is this EVE online?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astral Flame
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I am very sorry to hear that someone would loot your fc chest then leave. Please use this as an opportunity to learn from this horrible situation. I would recommend setting up crafting ranks in your fc that are limited to specific inventory slots. See example below.
    • Slot 1 (common mats used for leves level 20 - 55) - This slot is for fc mates that joined 1 month ago and is working on crafts/gathering classes ... basically below level 55 in crafts/gathering.
    • Slot 2 Trusted FC mates (common mats used for leves/collectables level 55+) - This slot is for active FC mates that are helpful and only have FC interests in mind.
    • Slot 3 Trusted FC mates (rare and common end game mats) - This slot is for active end game crafters that are helpful and only have the FC interests in mind.

What I mean by FC interests: actively helping others by crafting leveling gear for newbies or running content to help clear MSQ dungeons...ect. Basically wanting to help give other fc mates the best experience possible.
    (1)
    Last edited by Astral145; 09-12-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mugetsu Okami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    SE is not gonna change their stance on FC chests. It's your responsibility to manage your own FC.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Snoopy Edin
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 72
    I do see where people are coming from, but it's still wrong that we have no recourse - if we persistently nag this player to give the items back he can report us for harassment, while se is unwilling to take any action whatsoever.

Locking people out of the chests means that they can't get involved until they are highly trusted which could take years. So that means they can't be involved in airships, or any of the company crafts without levelling the crafters and gatherers themselves - which for a new player is going to take a lot of time.

I mean, this member had been in for months - we really did think we could trust him. And we wanted an environment where people could get in fast with the support of players who are much further ahead.

I also dont see the logic in handing out warnings and bans to people for resetting hunts under "disrupting others game experience", while stealing and dropping isnt considered so?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    SE simply does not have the time, energy and resources to micromanage the circumstances of why you have an FC chest open. It cannot make judgements based on whatever arbitrary rules you have for your FC. So yes, there's little recourse ...I mean how can it? Is it going to set up the People's Court of Eorzea to make cases for anyone?

With a dungeon/raid it can back actions up with a chat log. However, FCs are around for years...you want them to go through a backlog of messages for some written agreement you may or may not have clearly stated months ago what the purpose of the chest is for? It provided you with a warning that opening the chest leads to the possibility of these circumstances happening.

If you stated it in teamspeak, discord, facebook etc it's outside the game and outside their jurisdiction.
    (1)
    Last edited by QT_Melon; 09-13-2017 at 02:55 AM.

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Sorry to hear you were deceived, however you only have your own FC master to blame. If anything no member should have access to Chest item/airship/ect removal, only deposits. A trusted co founder or founder should be the one taking request and just mailing them. Only the FC Master should have main actions in regards to land and such. I mean it's only common sense that if you can't trust people to run a business in real life, you sure can't trust them in the game to run an FC.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lark Weaver
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    We had a similar problem a few months ago. luckily it was generally just glamour prisms (though it worked out to be like 5000 + prisms and the night after i put in 1500 worth of them in) but we keep our third tab open now but limit it to only 15 of each prism and them stuff like the fried fish for the summer event things that aren't worth anything and limited amounts. To long term members. new members get no access.

Unfortunately Se is correct that you as a fc have control of who can access that chest. It still be nice if se would least punish people who clearly stole even if its a warning and 3 strikes you get a suspension.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy_Edin View Post
    I also dont see the logic in handing out warnings and bans to people for resetting hunts under "disrupting others game experience", while stealing and dropping isnt considered so?
    This goes back to how much easier it is to check on a report that's usually fresh. Resetting a hunt can be proven at the date and time. Someone taking/stealing stuff out of the chest that has been left open is much more trickier. Yes, you can report WHEN it happened, but they cannot investigate your rules. There's no documentation they can rely upon short of the evidence clearly showed you allowed people to access it.

Also there's only 3 types of ranks in your FC you should be very aware of.

Master
    Person that can Promote/Demote

If for example you created:

Master
    Treasurer - A person that has access to the company chest and can withdraw funds
    Officer - A person that can promote players to have access to certain things, but cannot touch the gil in the chest.
    Squad - A person that can access things but cannot promote players. Like they can access a certain part of the FC chest...
    Member - Standard flags when a person joins the FC

The Officer can promote themselves to Treasurer and take the gill out of the chest and leave. Anyone with Promotion abilities can change their rank and possibly go into a rank that can access things you didn't intend them to access.

So just another FYI while running an FC.
    (0)
    Last edited by QT_Melon; 09-14-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sokhatai Tohka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Hmm while I admire your openness and goodwill, and feel bad for your loss, generally a FC chest is only stocked to the lowest average wealth level of the FC. It means it shouldn't be stocked with stacks of things worth over hundreds of thousands each, unless the wealth of vast majority of people in the FC is hundreds of millions. Anything that is serious enough to actually warrant consideration should be asked for, traded and used with supervision from real people only.

In my opinion, the FC chest is too small anyways to stock with all the possible items for levelling a crafter. Most of those items are buyable too, or acquirable on short notice if someone asked, no point in stockpiling in in the public FC chest. The FC chest should be used for quick-access items such as chocobo feed, gardening, materia, glamour, etc. Which are never so expensive they would warrant consideration for security. Or handouts for FC events, which are meant to be taken anyways.

The gil count is also not for stockpiling gil, it's only filled up by the master when there's a project, aka buying a new house. Otherwise everyone's gil are their own and better to have it in your inventory and usable, than sitting in a chest. Same logic with most items. Better have it in your inventory and used, than sitting in a chest depreciating and unused, until someone decides to rectify that, and clears out the chest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    I'm sorry this happened to you.
    We could definitely do with more controls on the FC Chest. In WoW we were able to limit the number of stacks people could take out and set an amount of gold for each rank, too (so we could cover repairs). Little refinements like that would be nice and would also help limit the damage in a case like this.

Unfortunately the system we have here is all or nothing, you either give access or you don't. Once access is granted to a tab, one person can clear it out and there is nothing Square can do because they had permission. I understand your frustration but as things stand, no rules were broken.
    Our Company started out with the chest completely open, now we lock tabs 2 and 3. I'd rather not do that as I know some people just hate having to ask for things, but I learned from experience.

You mentioned FC Crafting, if your company lost any of the mats needed to unlock recipes we have surplus. Give me a shout in-game, we have plenty of mats from the airships going spare and I have a stash of crafting mats that I'll probably never use, hopefully we can help you out.
    (0)

11. 09-13-2017 07:21 PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast