Player
    Character
    Selena Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80

Cannot assign second retainer a class

Ok so I have an issue with assigning my second retainer a class, I've done the quest and I've gotten my first one set up without issue, but the second won't give me a class assignment option.

Is there a way to fix this? Am I missing something?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    What kind of error appears when you try setting a class? Retainers start at level 1 so you can only equip level 1 gear to them at first (and will only gain exp in that class up to whatever level you happen to have in that class yourself, so if you've equipped them a class that you have never levelled they will never gain exp in it).

Are you trying to equip them a class you actually haven't yet unlocked yourself? That is the only thing I can think of that would be preventing you from setting a class on a retainer if you've unlocked the venture system and already have a class set up on another retainer. Try setting your second retainer to the same class as your first as a test and see if that now works.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Selena Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Oh that explains it! Thank you so much!
    (1)