Player
    Character
    Raul Prower
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Zfz View Post
    Shirk: For when you've had just about enough of the healer's/DPS's nonsense.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kronus Magnus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    I want Second Wind on a short cooldown with similar cost, like physick cast cost but cost TP for all jobs who don't have a constant low cooldown heal. So when content is created for solo/duo play, no job is left out.

Unless classes become more than they are sometime in the future with less restrictions.
    (0)

Adventure Journey Concept: http://goo.gl/b6SyTh

Skillchain Concept: http://goo.gl/tts8Cz

Power Modifier Concept: http://goo.gl/Md3UAB

Player
    Character
    Sir Rawrz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpark View Post
    I want Second Wind on a short cooldown with similar cost, like physick cast cost but cost TP for all jobs who don't have a constant low cooldown heal. So when content is created for solo/duo play, no job is left out.

Unless classes become more than they are sometime in the future with less restrictions.
    The benefit of second wind, is that it is an ogcd ability. If you make it spammable, with a cost, youll put it on the GCD. If its on the gcd, using it makes you lose damage. This would eliminate it from raids/dungeons and chain it to ONLY solo content. The only areas in the game that you cant bring your healer chocobo are instanced quests, which are balanced around all jobs and PoTD. They should work out self healing more in potd, not nerf a great ogcd ability like second wind. x3

Also in regards to the OP, I find this post pretty inaccurate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rawrz; 09-15-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lilora Sparrow
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zfz View Post
    Shirk gives some of your enmity to a party member, so the only time when it's even reasonable to take it is in content with tank swaps. So in 4-man dungeons or alliance content, taking shirk is just about as good as leaving the slot empty.
    Wouldn't provoke be good enough for tank swaps? IMO it sounds very situational.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Rawrz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSparrow View Post
    Wouldn't provoke be good enough for tank swaps? IMO it sounds very situational.
    You shirk to provide an emnity lead, so the main tank can... stay in his off tank stance... as the main tank. Pretty kewl right guys?

Really helps Sams and mnks out.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kronus Magnus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    The benefit of second wind, is that it is an ogcd ability. If you make it spammable, with a cost, youll put it on the GCD. If its on the gcd, using it makes you lose damage. This would eliminate it from raids/dungeons and chain it to ONLY solo content. The only areas in the game that you cant bring your healer chocobo are instanced quests, which are balanced around all jobs and PoTD. They should work out self healing more in potd, not nerf a great ogcd ability like second wind. x3
    I see your point on the benefit. I however think that if you are not soloing or duoing, you don't need a self heal in light to full party content. Anything that hits hard enough will eat right through a heal that only fires off every 120 seconds. You could use potions in between but in a game where people constantly cry button bloat, setting a potion to a hotbar is extra bloat.

Also many games have heals not on an OGCD, not saying SE wouldn't put it on OGCD but it is not a given. I also don't see a reason why you shouldn't lose some damage if the boon is you gain increased Survivability. Lastly, whatever content exist now doesn't mean it always be the only content you can bring companions with you, and even then sometimes that companion is not enough, especially if harder content gets introduced for solo or duo play later. I frequently see players running away from fates to recover HP, less often with the chocobo but still happens.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sandpark; 09-15-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Adventure Journey Concept: http://goo.gl/b6SyTh

Skillchain Concept: http://goo.gl/tts8Cz

Power Modifier Concept: http://goo.gl/Md3UAB

Player
    Character
    Raul Prower
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
    You shirk to provide an emnity lead, so the main tank can... stay in his off tank stance... as the main tank. Pretty kewl right guys?

A co-tank in a PF Susano EX group introduced me to the applications of Shirk for this specific purpose, neither one of us had to switch off DPS stance, and we never had to use an enmity combo.

I don't think I could go back, my eyes were opened that day.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lilora Sparrow
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post

Woo....

I think it's just really, really situational.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seaku Typhoeus
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSparrow View Post
    Woo....

I think it's just really, really situational.
    If you mean useful in every instance there is two tanks in the same group. Yea, I guess that's 'situational'.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2