Player
    Character
    Royeaux Kyrido
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

Suggestion: S Rank Scaling System

With the addition of the mounting scrolls to the Allied Seals Vendor and the Centurio Tiger mount to the 3000A/2000S achievements, S hunts have become more popular than ever.

This has exposed a glaring issue that is: ARR and HW S marks are too squishy and can be killed in seconds since most hunters are at level 70. The result of this is that early and solo pulling are easily performed.

It is frustrating to see an S mark dying in seconds right as you are rushing towards it to tag it.

As such, I'd like to propose that ARR and HW S marks are put into an invisible FATE zone to scale players down. This makes it such that the S marks will not be killed in seconds, and will allow all players close to and/or above level 50 to be able to participate equally.

While scaling the marks to level 70 is another possible solution, it makes it unfair for the lower level players as they might not be able to tag the mark at all due to accuracy issues or get one-shotted.

Benefits of S Mark Scaling:

1) Early pulling will be less detrimental because the S marks will take some time to be killed

2) Solo pulling will not be worth the time, allowing more players to come together to kill the S mark

3) ARR and HW S marks will be much more engaging and fun to kill, since as it is right now, it's just a burn fest as opposed to the SB S marks, where you actually need to pay attention to AOEs and telegraphs

Thank you very much for the time taken to read and consider my suggestion to make S marks hunts more enjoyable.
    (10)
    Last edited by Royeaux; 09-09-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sokhatai Tohka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    You might be interested in this thread.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...t-difficulties

And you managed to consider an area I didn't: ARR S ranks. I was only thinking of expansion latest hunts so I missed the scenario of extreme disproportion in power.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kage Kiryuu
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    If they can't scale the ARR S ranks, they could at least add some way to convert Centurio Seals to Allied Seals.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Royeaux View Post
    As such, I'd like to propose that ARR and HW S marks are scaled by a FATE zone for the ARR and HW S marks to scale players down.
    How would this work? Correct me if I'm wrong. The S rank will be inside an invisible FATE zone (not put on maps) and we need to sync down for it? I'm all for that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Naiyah Nanaya
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Royeaux View Post
    3) S marks will be much more engaging and fun to kill
    There is absolutely nothing engaging or fun about hitting a mountain of HP.
    (10)
    Sold a lonely only child an imaginary enemy.

Player
    Character
    Royeaux Kyrido
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    @ExKage

The main reason to why I suggested making some changes to the S marks is because of the addition of the Centurio Tiger mount to the 3000 A mark and 2000 S mark achievements. 2000 S marks is a huge number and the long respawn timers of S marks make it already difficult enough to attain it.

With early pulls and S marks melting from 100 to 0 in seconds, it makes the achievement that much harder and discouraging to attempt.
    (0)
    Last edited by Royeaux; 09-09-2017 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Didn't reply correctly

Player
    Character
    Royeaux Kyrido
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    @ElHeggunte

Absolutely, I agree, there's absolutely no fun in killing meatbags. But allow me to bring your attention to the current SB S marks such as Salt & Light and Bone Crawler. They are actually engaging to fight because their attacks actually do something and you need to be on your toes or you will die.

Compare this to the ARR S marks where everybody is just standing in AOEs because they barely scratch them and the marks themselves are dying in 10s, that's not very engaging and fun either.
    (8)
    Last edited by Royeaux; 09-09-2017 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Didn't reply correctly

Player
    Character
    Misty Leaf
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I support this. ARR and HW marks shouldn't be level 50/level 60 content. It should always remain cap content. I would say even A ranks should be cap content.
    So I agree, they should really sync them to level 70 stats and hp.

Right now there's nothing fun about the arr/hw hunt marks at all.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Royeaux Kyrido
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by uvuvwevwevweonyetenyevweugwemu View Post
    How would this work? Correct me if I'm wrong. The S rank will be inside an invisible FATE zone (not put on maps) and we need to sync down for it? I'm all for that.
    Yes, that is the idea
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kronus Magnus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    What is being asked here? Is to scale up or down to the level of certain content?

Once we start going there for anything open world. It will eventually raise the question of should the entire world sync up or down to the players. GW2 and ESO do it, but they also have additional subsystems(Masteries and Champion System) to add progression when levels themselves are possibly rendered meaningless. Extra systems which Yoshi has gone on saying that he doesn't want to see in XIV anytime soon. That's part of the reason select-able attributes and job skill sharing got canned in favor of role skills.

A plus is content is never really out progressed so it last longer. But at the same time, progression sort of becomes pointless as you never really grow a ton stronger than content you did 5 years ago. One way around that is horizontal progression but it's a dirty word to these devs.

I sort of feel like we got the rug pulled from under us already to a point with jobs nerfs and sub class removal. Things around your level are taking longer to kill than before and most jobs have no reliable constant self healing skill which makes me a bit salty.

Personally, I'd rather levels caps not be raised period instead of everything synching on a global scale up or down. So at least older areas are not as challenging as something brand new. To me hunts are more-so a problem with how they are built with claiming and lack of engaging systems, over just let's tack Hit points on or sync it up or down. It's not like XIV open world was ever super challenging to begin with so maybe I am over analyzing stuff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sandpark; 09-09-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast