Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70

Lore Feature Request - Lore Bookcase

Credit to Mr. Happy for bringing up this topic in his recent interview with Koji Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji Fox
    On a more serious note, it's more of a system issue with loading lots of these interactable objects. I’d love to fill dungeons to the brim with lore and I’ve asked the dev team if we could develop a system internally to make this easier. I hope they are able to pull it off because we could really use this to put more lore into dungeons and make them more interesting.
    I was thinking about all the dungeons that have objects strewn about them that you can click on and read little bits of lore. I enjoy reading these, but unfortunately it's hard to stop and read them in the middle of a dungeon because you don't want to make the party wait for you to read the stories.

So I thought why not create a way to collect these stories and read them whenever you want ?

Here's my idea: A housing item similar to the orchestrion that you can click on at your house, or inn room and read all these little stories. So instead of an object you click on in the dungeon, just have it be consumable items that could drop as dungeon loot, just like orchestrion rolls. Once used it will add a new story to your lore bookcase and you can read them from your house or inn room anytime you want.

This way you could add all kinds of little stories to the game and create a fun bit of content at the same time. It will give us lore fanatics something to collect while also creating a better way of adding lore to dungeons, quests, etc.

Thanks for reading.
    (10)
    Last edited by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi; 09-06-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ashyra Leyran
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I like the idea, especially in our FC House we made a Library room with the cutscene table in it aswell, maybe create a book storage to put such books and notes in as a collection or at least use the existing Book storage instead of pure decoration, maybe use those notes as crafting items for those.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cerise Leclaire
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    One of the things I really liked about Wildstar were the data cubes and books and things you could find in the world. You could interact with them and it would add a page of lore for you to read whenever you wanted. This game could really benefit from something like that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soki Yagami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Sounds great! Just have to ensure the lore bookcase be added into inn room as well so players who don't have access to housing can enjoy them too.
    (0)