Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    I'm not. What I'm saying is that people who resort to kicking immediately people who don't play as well as they would like are often the people who kick those who are doing just fine and not holding the group back, but aren't playing at a high level. It's an absolutely cancerous way of behaving.

Does a person not AoEing on a trash pull make things take a bit longer? Sure. But HOW MUCH longer? How many mobs were there? Regardless of what people think, AoEing on a pack of 3 mobs does not make it take much less time than single targeting them down (and for some classes and comps, it's actually faster to single target at that point than to AoE).
    OP themselves even stated that this was an expert dungeon and the tank had pulled "30 mobs." If you're not aoeing that pack regardless of what job you are, then you are holding the group back likely to the point of wiping the group. Tank and Healer cooldowns are not infinite, your "3 mob" analogy does not apply.

Kicking someone for not knowing their job at level cap is not cancerous. No one is asking for O4S dps in an expert roulette, we're asking for basic effort and fundamental knowledge.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mavrias; 09-16-2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Character limit

Player
    Character
    Gravton Pentest
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Unless it's changed it takes more than one person to kick. So you potentially want 3 other players to get punished because you have hurt feelings? On top of that s/e would have to investigate each instance. G/L with that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aevis Sylph
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    At this point, the kick function is less about removing players legitimately harassing others in a party and more about someone's baseless, opinionated crap that is the result of said person's epicurean standards not being met. That, or some imagined slight that you apparently did. Its these kinds of dumpster fire sensibilities that are half the reason I really really do not like doing roulettes with randoms. One moment people are whining about the green DPS being a healer, the next its about the blue DPS not being a tank. Being new and not knowing how to do a mechanic after asking "what do I do?", or being blamed for someone stacking on you when 98% of the field was not occupied by you when you had no reason to move and thus were standing there attacking the target to begin with.

tl;dr, the kick function is little more than a catharsis.
    (2)
    Happiness is manditory.
    Not being happy is treason.
    Treason is punishable by death.

4. 09-20-2017 12:21 PM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6