Player
    Character
    Qt Melon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Given that I never said anything about either main or alt classes, and that the only things I said about leveling are "It doesn't sound like the issue is about how to level" and "Whether [it] happens to be leveling or not is completely beside the point," you've got a really weird way of deciding what I claimed (as in you just made it up out of whole cloth). All you did is prove my point that you have no idea what we're even talking about.
    Umm... you decided to quote my posts in what I said that you need to worry about finishing MSQ first.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    It's not the biggest reward of the game, but it's certainly the biggest reward of crafting. It's the reason that games include crafting and gathering as part of the game, so that those players who like the idea of making their own equipment and provisions get opportunities to do so.

Just because there's an alternative to crafting your gear for those who don't want to doesn't justify blocking those who do want to craft their equipment from doing so.
    Which is in absolute context to me talking about MSQ.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4396829

Basically you're arguing about a main class, because your argument is about "Blocking" others from crafting gear while they level. You also said it was the biggest reward of crafting. Which is still objectionable. Not everyone cares to craft their own gear while leveling but it's certainly a bonus and definitely more relevant as you work on an alternate job. It's obviously in the game for those that do. However, many crafters are in it to make money and many are into it to make furniture or glamour. The game is trying to get you to finish MSQ first, and worry about crafting another time because not finishing MSQ has more consequences than making it a bit more difficult to craft your own gear (and possibly getting too sidetracked by doing so).

TL;DR

Please just finish MSQ and save yourself and others the headache. Wasting more time being salty about the situation, when the MSQ has more benefits overall.
    (0)
    Last edited by QT_Melon; 09-20-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cassie Caradoc
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    So, while I get there are numerous work-arounds, I can see the original poster's point. The point isn't whether or not you can work around the problem (you can, and I did)... the problem is that if a node is available without flying, the entire node chain should be available without flying. Or, at the very least, the minimum number of nodes to keep the chain going. You shouldn't be forced to switch zones back and forth to refresh the nodes because you don't have flying unlocked yet. It's not a question of how easy it is to unlock flying, or how easy it is to level up without the item... it's a question of whether the design creates a negative experience that could be easily avoided by moving the node 5 feet to the left and 20 feet down.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5