Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Player
    FeliciaVale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    Character
    Felicia Vale
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

    MND vs Healing potency?

    Okay I was under the impression that Heal pot > MND (I mean the whole reason for stacking mnd is to get heal pot right?), but some people I've talked to tell me that Mnd causes cure to heal for more than straight heal pot, which in my mind doesn't add up, but as I've never done any tests to the contrary I can't really be sure.

    Also another question: is heal pot to weapon still bugged? Was it ever bugged at all? I remember reading a thread which seemed to suggest that for some reason when you meld heal pot to weapon it doesn't take effect.
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    Zenaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FL,Hialeah
    Posts
    5,526
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Mind = healing potency the Question is Healing potency 40 is better then Mind +20 how much does 1 Mind give to healing potency i may test that out later and see if mind is better then the 1.6+mil healing potency that i have not yet got from doing spirtbond partys seem the rate of getting that is sooooooooo lowwwwww.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

  3. #3
    Player
    Ricepudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    55
    Character
    Rice Pudding
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Myself with a +22 Healing potency weapon and a +22 Healing potency hat, and an LS mate of mine with a +47 Mind weapon and +40 Mind Hat, both heal within roughly the same range.

    Mind is definitely worth more for pure healing numbers than it was pre-patch, but +Healing potency will still give you higher heals when compared to equal amounts of Mind. However, multi-melding +Mind is a MUCH cheaper alternative, so it really depends on how much one is willing to spend.

    PS: that "bug" thing was never really a bug :P I had thought it was when I made that thread a long while ago, but after a bunch of testing and input from others, we found out that the effect of healing potency wasn't very high pre-patch. As it stands right now though, post-patch, it has a greater impact on healing numbers.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player
    Estellios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    4,250
    Character
    Estellios Deatras
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    MND also has other benefits, namely it boosts Magic Accuracy as well, so there is some merit in using it over Healing Potency.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player
    Deli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst!
    Posts
    1,340
    Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    I will go 100% mind only if gear itself come with healing magic potency. con doesn't really lack of mp, so shouldn't warry about healing amount tho. add so many mind only boost tiny...

    The equal healing magic thing, that means +healing magic due to increase in mind.





    picture of Mind (X) vs Cura cure amount (Y)


    if you want to see the data: (warning! most ppl don't like how I organize them...)
    google spreadsheet here
    (4)

  6. #6
    Player

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    266
    Felicia,

    We have been over this, MND > Healing Magic Potency. We have done extensive tests in the linkshell to determine these result. Not to mention MND also grants bonuses to other stats.
    (0)
    Leader of Honor Linkshell, Lindblum Server.
    http://www.honorls.com

  7. #7
    Player
    Ricepudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    55
    Character
    Rice Pudding
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Technolust View Post
    We have been over this, MND > Healing Magic Potency. We have done extensive tests in the linkshell to determine these result. Not to mention MND also grants bonuses to other stats.
    Why would you consider MND > +Healing as a healer?

    Looking at Deli's spreadsheet, it seems like +Healing Potency is worth double in bonus healing for Cura when compared to the bonus you get from +MND. The only reason I can see it as being a better choice is if you're low on gil, but even still you'd need a triple-melded Tier IV MND head and weapon to match a double-melded Tier III +Healing head and weapon. So either you get really lucky with triple-melds (and Tier IV triple-melds at that), or you end up spending a lot of gil trying to get em.

    In terms of the other stats you gain (aka. M.accuracy), if I need to be nuking as conj, I'd much prefer hitting my macro to throw on a nuking set equipped with straight +M.acc rather than nuking in healing gear (not to mention that would give me much more M.acc than the M.acc I gain through ~80ish mind).

    That pretty much covers my bases of understanding, so unless gil is the issue, I cannot see why MND would be > +Healing for a healer.
    (6)

  8. #8
    Player

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricepudding View Post
    Why would you consider MND > +Healing as a healer?

    Looking at Deli's spreadsheet, it seems like +Healing Potency is worth double in bonus healing for Cura when compared to the bonus you get from +MND. The only reason I can see it as being a better choice is if you're low on gil, but even still you'd need a triple-melded Tier IV MND head and weapon to match a double-melded Tier III +Healing head and weapon. So either you get really lucky with triple-melds (and Tier IV triple-melds at that), or you end up spending a lot of gil trying to get em.
    The issue with Deli's spreadsheet data is it doesn't test MND vs Healing Potency, it tests MND vs MND & Healing Potency. I'll run some tests to show you my point, as I've already done the test but can't find that spreadsheet.
    (0)
    Leader of Honor Linkshell, Lindblum Server.
    http://www.honorls.com

  9. #9
    Player
    Ricepudding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    55
    Character
    Rice Pudding
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Technolust View Post
    The issue with Deli's spreadsheet data is it doesn't test MND vs Healing Potency, it tests MND vs MND & Healing Potency. I'll run some tests to show you my point, as I've already done the test but can't find that spreadsheet.
    In his tests, the difference between a 0 MND cura vs. an 8 MND cura is (on average) 1034 vs. 1038. That alone is a good indicator that when matching up the 1068 average of +27 MND vs. the 1065 average of +8 MND/+12 Healing, the +8 MND in that +Healing set is doing very little to contribute to that higher number.

    I'm still interested in seeing your tests though, more data won't hurt.
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricepudding View Post
    In his tests, the difference between a 0 MND cura vs. an 8 MND cura is (on average) 1034 vs. 1038. That alone is a good indicator that when matching up the 1068 average of +27 MND vs. the 1065 average of +8 MND/+12 Healing, the +8 MND in that +Healing set is doing very little to contribute to that higher number.

    I'm still interested in seeing your tests though, more data won't hurt.
    I'll post it give me a few days.
    (0)
    Leader of Honor Linkshell, Lindblum Server.
    http://www.honorls.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast