Character
    Dynnast Bee
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 47

White lines, no text in populated areas

Hello,

I've been playing FFXIV for a few weeks and noticed whenever I'm in a highly populated area (in cities, PotD, etc), a bunch of white lines form in random areas on my screen, and any text that's in the UI disappears.

So, if I try to use Return, the window that pops up confirming that I want to use the ability has no text in it, and the buttons are blank. I am able to click the button just fine, though. Most of the time, if I move the camera to look straight down at the ground, or straight up to the sky it will make the problem go away.

I haven't done a raid yet, but I worry this might show up in raids, not allowing me to partake in them. Any other game I play on the computer doesn't have any sort of issues like this even on Max settings.

Specs:
    Intel i5-6600K 3.5GHz
    Geforce 1070 8GB with latest drivers
    16GB RAM
    Windows 10

Things I've tried:
    Reinstall the game
    I use the DX9 client after the DX11 client was freezing any time I tried to exit the game
    Lowered settings from max to medium
    Run in borderless window mode (DX9 client was freezing on exit too, this seems to have fixed that).

Any help would be great, as I'd love to continue to play the game as a subscriber.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dynnast Bee
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 47
    I uploaded a screenshot of this at:

http://imgur.com/kwkTZQ0
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corsel Bandon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    You are probably using a software like teamspeak or some sort of GPU monitoring/tweaking software that has an overlay option. Either disable the overlay option in whatever software you're using, or close it. Overlay issues from other software make these white lines and text not appearing, ect. It's a common bug here.

EDIT: A high volume of this error happens with discord.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xeon; 08-28-2017 at 01:05 PM.