Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraluna View Post
    And this is the problem of course.
    Because they made Ast a sort of magpie build, mimicking or direct copying existing skills, there is this continual comparison.
    As raids only need two of the three, then one will always be seen to be at the back of the queue.
    Said it before, Ast should have been a substantially different kind of healer - maybe a sword and board melee type, to really get away from the original two.
    I'm rather surprised looking back that they didn't use the cards as their primary healing mechanic. Stock a card, it effects the next 5/10 Aspected casts, each card effecting it in a different way. It makes the class unique, since your Aspected casts would be completely different depending on what you draw and stock for it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lastelli Sungsem
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuDragnier View Post
    I'm rather surprised looking back that they didn't use the cards as their primary healing mechanic. Stock a card, it effects the next 5/10 Aspected casts, each card effecting it in a different way. It makes the class unique, since your Aspected casts would be completely different depending on what you draw and stock for it.
    RNG healing? That's a terrible idea...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastelli View Post
    RNG buffing, that's a terrible idea. . .
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lastelli Sungsem
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    RNG buffing, that's a terrible idea. . .
    Yes. That's why they changed balance back to 10% and made spear useful. Now ast have 3 "good" cards, 2 rr fodder and 1 situational card, the bole. Thanks to sleeve draw and reroll what little rng remained can be further reduce almost to zero.

RNG healing, on the other hand, would be way worse because of how healing works in this game (not gonna explain that, anyone with a little experience in ex trials and raids surely knows the reason). This is why, again, they completely removed any rng element from whm lilies mechanic and plenary indulgence.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Riyshn'a Nhise
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    This is why, again, they completely removed any rng element from whm lilies mechanic and plenary indulgence.
    Quickened Aetherflow and Hyper Lightspeed, as well. Still not sure why they kept the RNG on Secret of the Lilly II.
    (1)

Character
    Miles Maelstrom
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I have a bit more complaints about ability meshing.

I have a problem with Deployment. It just doesn't do enough, and yes I know it's a strong ability as is, but there is something i don't like about it. So we have DT and it only works with one of our buffs, It used to be 2 but now that is a role skill but it's still not one of our buffs anymore. I would like deploy to work with any of our buffs, and of course I mean it should function with Excog. I know at current it would be over powered like that but these are things that we need to make our abilities mesh with each other better.

I want this mainly because I see a class like AST, which they have two abilities that extend the duration of buffs they have on players. These abilities if they followed rules like ours would either work solely on their card, or the buffs given by their aspected moves, but not both. That's not what happens though, those moves work with any buffs a AST can give. Even strong CDs like Collective Unconsciousness and Synestry get extended. This is proper meshing of a jobs moves. I don't know why we have so many abilities that look like they should work together but don't. Proper meshing of our moves would mean Deploy would work with Excog, Bane would work with Chain Strategem, and rouse would work with Aetherpact.
    (4)
    Last edited by Miles_Maelstrom; 09-17-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Riyshn'a Nhise
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I think I would like to see Deployment Tactics become a mirror of Emergency Tactics, where it converts the next heal into a Galvanize shield. Not really sure if it should only work with Adlo/Succor, or specifically not work with them (because of Galvanize just overwriting itself) and functionally be a modifier on the AE heals.
    (1)

Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    RNG tanking? RNG DPS? What terrible ideas...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lastelli Sungsem
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuDragnier View Post
    RNG tanking? RNG DPS? What terrible ideas...
    RNG tanking is not a thing anymore. It was a bad idea indeed and people complained about it. So they removed pretty much any RNG element from tanks toolkits, namely dark dance, the parry stat, reprisal proc. The only rng element in the tanks' toolkit right now is bulwark. That's it. You have parry/block rates, but these are usually ignored by any decent tank since you can't rely on them.
    RNG dps doesn't exist. You have procs with a fixed probability and over the course of an encounter it doesn't really make a difference. Also, dps is not the same as damage mitigation and healing. You'll just do a little less dps when you're unlucky with procs (but this will be counterbalanced when you get lucky later during the fight). RNG healing may potentially cause a wipe. So please, don't compare apple and oranges.
    (3)

Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    RNG dps doesn't exist. You have procs with a fixed probability and over the course of an encounter it doesn't really make a difference. Also, dps is not the same as damage mitigation and healing. You'll just do a little less dps when you're unlucky with procs (but this will be counterbalanced when you get lucky later during the fight). RNG healing may potentially cause a wipe. So please, don't compare apple and oranges.
    It's a shame they didn't get rid of the RNG with DPS along with DRK's RNG (it was a nuisance then).

BRD: 20% chance of Straighter Shot procs needed for Refulgent Arrow off of Heavy Shot (impossible to raise odds of, I've gone 3 minutes without a single proc of it before), DoT crit reliant for song procs (though Empyreal Arrow can give you a free one, but that's every 15 seconds).
    MCH: 50% chance with Split Shot and Slug Shot to proc potency increases on Slug Shot and Clean Shot. This however can be mitigated with ammo, but if Reload and Quick Reload are down, you're praying to RNGesus for procs.
    MNK: 50% chance on crit (which is already a low chance) for Chakra stacks. Can be increased by 30% for 15s on physical allies using weaponskills, but you're still praying to RNGesus so you can use Forbidden Chakra.
    SMN: 15% chance to upgrade Ruin/Ruin III to Ruin IV when the pet does anything. Enhance Enkindle lowers the cooldown of Enkindle for each time this happens. You cannot raise the odds of this.

You can't say RNG DPS doesn't exist when it's very possible to go through half of an EX or Savage boss without getting a single proc. These moves can do a lot of damage, but their potential is locked behind random procs. You can have a fight where you gain them rapidly and often, and others where you never see them. That's RNG DPS, though you may not want to admit it.

Also, RNG healing in the line of cards being used for Aspected healing can't really cause a wipe when these fights are made around the assumption that any healer combination can work, not to mention it only effects Aspected casts, not regular Helios, not regular Benefic and Benefic II, not anything else. Just 2 skills you shouldn't be spamming to begin with.
    (2)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast