Player
    Character
    Amanda's Husband
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

Hopes For Future PvP

How difficult would it be for SE to allow us to que up a Frontline match with 71 other AI as a way for players to practice PvP with no rewards attached (the obvious bot jokes aside)? At the very least players can entertain themselves by playing Frontline matches solo as a means to escape the routine of weeklies n dailies? My biggest gripe in XIV is that I can't play certain instances unless there are 3, 7, 23 or 71 other like-minded players who want to play it at that exact moment as well. If SE wants PvP in this game, imo, they should include a way for players to play against AI i.e. SE manufactured bots for entertainment purposes in the likes of Star Wars Battlefront II's offline mode.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Atreus Auditore
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    They'd have to disable the acquisition of Achievements from it. Also I doubt they would allocate instances for this, since they took away a bunch of PvP stuff like Slaughter, the Fold (very salty about this), and Feast 4v4 Light Party.

I feel like they're trying to allocate as little as possible to PvP and don't want to admit it.

Fun idea, though.
    (0)
    Team Hello First Time - FanFest 2016

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Idea aside, please remember that you ARE playing an MMO. The whole point is to play with others, and I can't stress enough, experience is the best teacher.

I taught a guy back in 3.x everything I could about MCH (when it was "complicated" to play), and I told him the same thing. . . On his own, he went on to learn MNK, WAR, WHM, AST, NIN, DRG, and I think BRD as well. He lost a lot, but so have I. And yet, we're both quite skilled players in our own rights, with many wins to show as a result of our hard work and efforts.

Experience is your best teacher, and you just simply won't get that same experience from AIs.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Albert Kisama
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by kupokage View Post
    How difficult would it be for SE to allow us to que up a Frontline match with 71 other AI
    We already have that. It's called Shatter.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Violet Flower
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 23
    With adventurer squadron expansion coming, I hope they'll attach to them some AI Gambit system like in FFXII. Now, if you customize 3 NPCs behaviour accordingly and take them with you in PvP, it'll be fun to fight another player and his squadron in 4vs4. Only you and your gambits will decide the win, and you'll have nobody else to blame for lose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaede Zandeth
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperZay View Post
    With adventurer squadron expansion coming, I hope they'll attach to them some AI Gambit system like in FFXII. Now, if you customize 3 NPCs behaviour accordingly and take them with you in PvP, it'll be fun to fight another player and his squadron in 4vs4. Only you and your gambits will decide the win, and you'll have nobody else to blame for lose.
    Better yet, let's make it full on gambling. Full Squad vs Full Squad that we can watch through spectator's mode. The new SaltyBet, now in FFXIV.
    (0)