Player
    Character
    Delritha Hinagora
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Request HW Catchup items for Desynthesis

So I started power-leveling Desynthesis for Weaver, Leatherworker, and Goldsmith yesterday and I got all of them up to 155. I can probably go a bit higher to 170 but besides the point. The problem is that between 170 and around 240, it is quite difficult to level up Desynth without either having lots of Alexander tokens, HW dungeon gear, or crafting/buying Replica High Allagan gear that came from Palace of the Dead off the Market Board. While leveling I came across a vendor in western Thanalan that sold Aged items who's only real use was for desynth catchup. Those got me to lvl ~70 to reach 100% desynth and lvl 80 when the percent increase amount became negligible. This was JUST BARELY enough to get me going with HW desynth items.

What I am suggesting is for a vendor to sell something similar to the vendor in Western Thanalan to get players from 170 to ~230-240.
    ie:
    a set with item level 190 and a second set at level 210

Edit:

For those wondering, this is the vendor in Western Thanalan that I am referring to:

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/M..._Silver_Bazaar)
    (3)
    Last edited by Hinalover; 08-21-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wraith Rayne
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    I used the Thavnarian, High House and Wind Silk sets which were going on the MB for really cheap since there were so many drops of PotD.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Delritha Hinagora
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The point still stands, that currently one of the best ways to level desynth through HW end-game is buying items off of the Market Board.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Well Desynth was made as an gil/item Sink of sorts. It takes extra items out of the economy to keep the price low.

Some items I did to level GSM/LTW desynthing are the i170/200 gearsets from HW Centurio vendor. If you do both HW/SB rank 3 daily hunts you get 150 seals a day which is a good amount of gear for little effort. Doing those should be enough to be able to desynth the i230 Primal Tomestone gear, which should let you desynth the i260 Shire gear. At that point SB 61-69 dungeon gear or NQ vendor gear is the next step, depending on how much gil you want to spend.

I do wish SE made Desynth more relevant besides getting crafting materials from dungeon gear :\. We haven't had any new Desynth-exclusive items since 2.x, and it was only slightly useful in HW to get Glass Fibers before people had Moogle Beast Tribe at high enough rank to get them easily. SE pls, I'd settle with more swimsuits or Battlecraft/Fieldcraft Demimateria IV if it means my grinding of Desynth becomes useful.
    (1)
    Last edited by magnanimousCynic; 08-22-2017 at 02:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Febreealle Goldlyonse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    There's honestly zero practical reason in the game to level any desynth above 100. All of the demimateria in the game can be obtained at that point. HW only added 1 single desynth-exclusive item (Stiper Stones from Aithon's Colt) and that item remained 100% useless until SB launched, and then you could just go mining for them instead.\
    People leveling desynth to current levels will probably never actually see a net benefit to it compared to the work of the leveling process, unless they make it mandatory for a future relic weapon (many people will rage) or introduce new Field/Battlecraft demimateria.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ziggy Zaps
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HaelseMikiro View Post
    There's honestly zero practical reason in the game to level any desynth above 100. .
    If someone were to have leveled weaver desynth as soon as the expansion dropped they could of made a sick profit on dawn serge. I leveled mine 2 months after the expansion and it was still a profit to desynth twinsilk aprons. I'm sure some other professions had some profitable desynths but I have no experience with them.

OT- So basically what your saying is, "this is too much effort and I would like it to take less effort." Understandable, leveling desynths are an expensive time and money sink seemingly only meant for the rich and bored. The tough "gates" on desynthing help the lower level economy and keep everyone from leveling desynths and destroying the price of items like dawn serge too quickly. If too many people begin leveling desynths it will very quickly become a waste of time to even bother leveling them. If you think it is too much effort, do not bother.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyzapps View Post
    snip
    My main complaint with how Desynth currently stands is that once prices for materials start to go down and stabilize there's no point to leveling it up past what you need for 100%. Also a single example during the launch doesn't really tell me "We still care about you fellow Desynthers!"

I'm fine with desynth being tough to level, I just want something special that rewards the time and Gil I had to invest into it, whether it's glamour or minions or new Demimateria. HW gave Desynth nothing special besides the aforementioned Stiperstone, which had no use until 4.0, and Glass Fiber, which was mainly gated behind Moogle Beast Tribe rank. Hell, the first few level 60 dungeon gear sets gave BC2 instead of BC3 for some reason.

I'd like it if having a high Desynth gave more demimateria or more than 1 kind of material. Unless SB throws a bone for Desynth then it might as well be a dead system that should've just stayed in ARR.
    (1)
    Last edited by magnanimousCynic; 08-23-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Adam Zoldyck
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    The point still stands, that currently one of the best ways to level desynth through HW end-game is buying items off of the Market Board.
    Hunt Seals for i170 stuff
    Pvp Wolf Marks for i180 stuff
    PvP wolf Marks for i200 stuff
    Poe for i230 and i260 (in theory this is actually SB) stuff
    And you are then up to SB

HW had the same issue, the only way to play catch up then was vendor gear. Now it is just market board over vendor.

This will always be the case, unless you want a "free here is last cycle max desyn" method, it is really the only options.

(Side note, this might get bad come 5.0, given how PvP gear is not desyn stuff anymore, but assuming they do not have relic tied to tomes anymore, we are swimming in old tomes so there is that)
    (0)
    Last edited by AdamZ; 08-22-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    If it hasn't been mentioned already, you can desynth the scrip gear, and it does net some pretty neat stuff that if you use should make a return, as for beyond 200, you really should be using Tinker's Calm and Bacon Broth and then do the Stormblood gear, I believe you can do this as early as 205.

The food and potion will boost it significantly initially giving you around 43%, then if you can meld 2-3 cheap materia on each item you can boost it by 12-20%, It brings a few botches, but in the long run it'll probably work out in your favour doing it this way. At 250 you should ideally already be touching Serge gear.

Quote Originally Posted by HaelseMikiro View Post
    There's honestly zero practical reason in the game to level any desynth above 100. All of the demimateria in the game can be obtained at that point. HW only added 1 single desynth-exclusive item (Stiper Stones from Aithon's Colt) and that item remained 100% useless until SB launched, and then you could just go mining for them instead.\
    People leveling desynth to current levels will probably never actually see a net benefit to it compared to the work of the leveling process, unless they make it mandatory for a future relic weapon (many people will rage) or introduce new Field/Battlecraft demimateria.
    (Edit) Bear in mind that that back in Heavensward you could get glass fibers from desynthesis, and outside of Mog quests was 1 of the few, ways of getting it. Maps aside. There's major benefit from it, but people using it as a 1 off will rarely ever see that benefit. Hell, Steppe Serge is still going for around 40k on Omega most times, I'd have a better and more cheaper chance in just desynthing it, and anything you do get from desynth should really be put back into crafting rather than actually discarding it. During the levelling process if you keep your materials, and then put them back into crafting there's very little reason as to why you shouldn't break even.

I personally take preference in levelling it for the chance they do introduce something similar with glass fiber where desynth is probably the most efficient way of getting it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaurhz; 08-22-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Soft Boiled
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Right now I don't think desynth is relevant enough to warrant catch up vendors :/

There's no new craftable items that require demimateria, and all the obtainable demimateria have low ilvl sources.

If you REALLY wanna level it, though, there's other ways besides MB - although MB is undeniably faster.

Tbh right now there's really low incentive to spend high amounts of gil in power leveling desynth - the most you get out of it is some moderately pricy higher level mats, but nothing worth investing a lot of gil into as you're going to spend a lot of time making it back.

PvP is a really great way to level desynth, as is using poetics/allied seals/centurio seals for gear to desynth. Granted this takes more time, but it's also less expensive.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast