Player
    Character
    Arcano Jones
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53

How long does it take to get your Chocobo to level 10

The reason I ask is I just started using my Chocobo at level 50 to give my Red Mage a little healing. Now at level 53 the Chocobo has not even reached level 3 yet. I probably made a mistake waiting so long. But I was mostly using my Summoner and my Scholar up till now and my Chocobo was not needed.
    (0)
    Last edited by ArcanoJones; 08-21-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Player

Takes a long time. Best thing you can do next to using it in the field is to stable the Chocobo and feed it a Krakka Root (I believe it's called). You can do it once an hour and it gives the Chocobo a nice boost in XP. Most FC's have a Chocobo stable at their house.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fuyumi Inahime
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Some fc has chocobo feed service you might want to join those instead might come with a fee but worth it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna Faye
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanoJones View Post
    The reason I ask is I just started using my Chocobo at level 50 to give my Red Mage a little healing. Now at level 53 the Chocobo has not even reached level 3 yet. I probably made a mistake waiting so long. But I was mostly using my Summoner and my Scholar up till now and my Chocobo was not needed.
    Well it depends tho, the chocobo when out (or as people wanna call it in group), gains exp together with you. You split it with your chocobo, so if you now go and kill mobs that are your level or a bit higher, you will gain obviously more exp then you would trying to kill level 5 ladybugs, were only your chocobo would get 15 exp lol.

As I was leveling mine, I was constantly using it when doing the clan hunts, leves, and fates. And while it still takes a bit of time, it isn't that bad. Mine is above level 10, in fact it's level 14 or 15 by now, and that's hell of a long time leveling it up. Even with the bonus it gets from the challenge log, I probably never get it to max level, but then again at the level it is right now, it does heal in most cases better then any "real" healer that's played by a regular player. Just keep at it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Once you've unlocked access to the Challenge Log, you're guaranteed a chocobo level every 7 weeks if you kill just 100 mobs per week with your companion out, because the Companions category gives 5% and 10% for the two challenges (total 15%). This is just with a quite easy bare minimum effort of 100 kills per week.

PS, the cap is 20. Once you hit 10, you can feed your chocobo a Thavnairian Onion to raise its cap to 11. Once you hit 11, you can feed your chocobo a Thavnairian Onion to raise its cap to 12. Once you hit .... (simile) ... to 20.
    (2)
    Last edited by Rongway; 08-21-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    If your chocobo is stabled, you can feed each hour. Another member of your FC can also feed it each hour. Each feed grants 1% XP (assuming a clean stable). If the stable is not clean the XP granted is reduced.
    As has already been mentioned, challenge log is great source of XP for bird.
    If you use your bird in a fate, it only gains XP for the kills, no XP for the fate completion bonus.
    If you kill in the open world, you need to be killing a mob near your level.

It has been a while I remember joining Spiritbonding parties and we would massacre the mobs, bond our gear, and level out chickens all at the same time. Spiritbonding is good source for DPS of getting V and VI battle materia. Just buy NQ from the vendors, put cheap junk materia in it and make a nice profit while levelling that bird.

All that said, you are still looking at a level couple of weeks if you dedicated.
    (2)
    Last edited by ChameleonMS; 08-22-2017 at 06:35 AM.