Player
    Character
    Magnus Silva
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

Melee,PRNG AoE, Positionings, and Killing Blows

It feels punishing to play a melee class. Why does melee have to worry about positioning to maximize damage under a boss/mob? That's a little unfair. Remove that. TP used for AoE is extremely expensive for no reason with little recovery. Invigorate/Goad isn't an excuse. Instead of 120/140, 80/100 is less punishing. Damage reduction to the more targets you hit is getting out of hand. Why punish a job for doing what their abilites were meant to do? Instead of removing abilities we should've upgraded them such as with Thunder II->Thunder IV e.g. DRG's Doom Spike->Ring of Thorns, Quick Notch->Volley, Flaming Arrow didn't need to be removed. Finally there is the matter of the Killing Blow techniques i.e Misery's End/Assassinate/Ageha. These abilities are weak. For these cooldowns these abilities should get a sense of "Booyah". These are my solutions. Hopefully we have can come to an understanding of "Less punishment and let TP users have fun too"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thyrand Testarossa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Maybe you should just gitgud instead of complaining
    (20)

Player
    Character
    River's Edge
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I can't help but feel OP lacks a great deal of foundational class/job knowledge. You cannot just hide behind 'my idea's would be fun', while lacking an understanding of why changes were made or why positionals exist in the first place.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Richard Butte
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    The only issue I have with positional abilities is that sometimes the tank has turned the boss but you don't yet see this on your screen so a positionally-dependent ability doesn't land as a result.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arlizz Teirez
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Have a problem with positioning ?
    - Go practice more.
    Have a problem with TP ?
    - Learn to manage your TP.

Its not even the problem actually.
    Its fundamental ...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    As far positionals go, I just wish that True North had a one minute cooldown so I'd never miss a Trick Attack due to latency + fidgety tanks and/or bosses ever again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    River's Edge
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by KageTokage View Post
    As far positionals go, I just wish that True North had a one minute cooldown so I'd never miss a Trick Attack due to latency + fidgety tanks and/or bosses ever again.
    While latency sucks, I can't get on board with an 'it's ok you're bad' button to get tanks off the hook. The tank is never going to learn to be better in that case. Randos from DF/PF can be bads and that's annoying. However it's better to try and get them to the level they need to at than to build in mechanics to overlook their mistakes.

Furthermore as a DPS you shouldn't be hammering your inputs without some degree of situational awareness. At times you need to pause briefly to hit the positional, particularly in the case of TA. I realize stops are a DPS loss, but missing TA's positional is a greater loss in comparison.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trick Baby
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    positional boosts make melee more interesting... would be incredibly boring if they werent there and the bonuses are too good to pass up. I want to say that with the DRG rotation, you leave 440pot on the table, with EACH rotation, if you dont hit your positionals. Thats a "free" Full Thrust each rotation... definitely not dps to scoff at.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syrus Hyena
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Ya can't have everything be spoon fed to ya, or else the game would get really boring. For a majority of the content you can get away with ignoring positionals, until you start doing Savage/Ex content. Would not advise to ignore positions though.

Like before, you need to practice your positionals and manage your TP as best you can. You have to work with the tools that you currently have in game right now, and know your limits. If you want to spam AOE till everything is dead, switch to a different job (BLM). It does feel bad when certain fights for you to be out of position and TN is on CD, but you either need to roll with it, or find out if you can squeeze a positional before you have to move somewhere else. Essentially honing your knowledge of the fight and how the boss will act. This requires you to have some foresight and to react accordingly.

What makes having such strong dps in a fight, is the fact that you worked hard for it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Clown Conductor
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Oh wow standing still and mashing buttons as melee sounds jolly fun. Game already has many hints and tips to make it easier.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast