Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Foulu Ryu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 50

I want to explore. Please adjust monster cap.

This game has started to grow on me to a successful MMO (so close yet so far) however there is still one thing that is on everyone's mind since the achievements came out: crystal port locations.

It's nearly impossible to pass on several dangerous monsters that are at lv 70+ unless an army of groups of friends or Ls are willing to throw one body after another just so a crystal port can be discovered. This isn't an achievement this is suicide. I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that there will be a little increase level cap some time later in the future but even so some monsters need some readjustment of their level so exploration can be fun and exiting.

If they expect to increase cap (assumingly) one year later or two years, then by all means please adjust it so that we can explore rather than be limited to a few zones where they are boring and unappealing.
    (12)

私の方法である…

Player
    Character
    Nero Coldfire
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I got to those spots alone <.<
    But I guess not everyone can be as lucky as me
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Foulu Ryu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire View Post
    I got to those spots alone <.<
    But I guess not everyone can be as lucky as me
    You either warp exploited or got help. It's physically impossible to pass a row of crabs (example: La Noscea) west side near Bold knoll and they're level 70. They only way you got "lucky" is switching to a gathering job throwing a stone to stun a monster temporarily, but even then recast time and not enough time to get away to get on shot hit from a distance.
    (1)

私の方法である…

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    With the current world design, you aren't missing anything! The 70+ monsters are just protecting the area that looks identical to the level 5 area.
    (24)

Player
    Character
    Blazel Nox
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fouluryu View Post
    You either warp exploited or got help. It's physically impossible to pass a row of crabs (example: La Noscea) west side near Bold knoll and they're level 70. They only way you got "lucky" is switching to a gathering job throwing a stone to stun a monster temporarily, but even then recast time and not enough time to get away to get on shot hit from a distance.
    I got almost all of them myself too (some with 1-3 friends), and no I didn't use any Exploit. I just got lucky, and used a few strategies and potions.

I do hope that SE will bring back the old Monster behaviour though like:
    -Following (Curiosity)
    -Escaping (Fear)
    -Aware (Cautious)
    -etc

P.S.
    I Obtained the Aetherytes(Difficult ones) between "End of 1.19-Beginning of 1.20"
    (6)
    Last edited by Anima; 12-30-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sothis Caoimhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I have all the gates, and the achievement. I got a decent amount of them alone, and the rest I got with one friend. Not a whole ls, or a group of people, just one other person. The only time we ever had to sacrifice ourselves for the other to get by was Isles of Umbra, which I believe is the gate you specifically refer to near Bald Knoll (there's mostly Qiqirn after the first four crabs though, so it's a joke once you've gotten by). The hardest gate to get for us was Lichenweed in the Twelveswood -- we died quite a few times trying, but in the end, we got it in one lucky run and neither of us died. A vast majority of the gates we'd outrun aggro long before we ever got hit, or got the gate well before things caught up and killed us.

It's not impossible, it just takes some luck and a bit of patience.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Foulu Ryu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    I got all of them myself too, and no I didn't use any Exploit. I just got lucky, and used a few strategies and potions.

P.S.
    I Obtained the Aetherytes(Difficult ones) between "End of 1.19-Beginning of 1.20"
    Wrong. I am missing out on earning "shadow walker" title for the achievement.
    (0)

私の方法である…

Player
    Character
    Nero Coldfire
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    The only mob that you can't just run through is drakes. And for those decoy works nicely. No need to accuse people of cheating just 'cause you can't do it...
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Sasha Calico
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Hopefully this helps. Crabs Efts Goobue Drakes Diremites are sound mobs you get past them by "walking" yes thats right walking. I saw a youtube video and tested it and it works. Press x on keyboard and just walk on by. It takes care of isles of umbra super easy. Eyes are sight obviously and hogs and raptors are as well making those more luck because waiting for them to turn can be crazy sometimes. Mind you do not try to walk on chocoback as you will still get aggro but walking on foot is the way to go.

I still dont have the achievement but i need one gate in La Noscea (Oakwood) due to eyes being in tunnel and when i run past they put frickin efts right at tunnel exit so i cant out run the eyes in time for them to return before the first eft hears me. Mor Dhona Thanalan are complete just started on the shroud as they have raptors and hog combos that make things rough. This should help guys but yes I do agree they should just do away with lvl 70+ mobs until cap raises.

Player
    Character
    Sothis Caoimhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by leomike35 View Post
    Hopefully this helps. Crabs Efts Goobue Drakes Diremites are sound mobs you get past them by "walking" yes thats right walking. I saw a youtube video and tested it and it works. Press x on keyboard and just walk on by. It takes care of isles of umbra super easy. Eyes are sight obviously and hogs and raptors are as well making those more luck because waiting for them to turn can be crazy sometimes. Mind you do not try to walk on chocoback as you will still get aggro but walking on foot is the way to go.

I still dont have the achievement but i need one gate in La Noscea (Oakwood) due to eyes being in tunnel and when i run past they put frickin efts right at tunnel exit so i cant out run the eyes in time for them to return before the first eft hears me. Mor Dhona Thanalan are complete just started on the shroud as they have raptors and hog combos that make things rough. This should help guys but yes I do agree they should just do away with lvl 70+ mobs until cap raises.
    I've tried that walk thing with the crabs at Isle of Umbra out of curiosity -- got brutally curbstomped for my efforts. I've never seen it work, personally, and much rather would try my luck with running for my life.

Also, Boars / Hogs are sound aggro, so running behind them will still get you aggro.
    (3)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast