Thread: Dropping Grit

Player
    Character
    Despair Senpai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I always PUG and never drop Grit as MT, too much of a risk.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lala Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Janhyua View Post
    As a samurai I have a request to all my MT out there...

1. Please don't die

2. If you are good at not dying then feel free to drop grid

3. Please don't lose aggro or else I have to be the samurai tank

4. Repeat step 1
    Then use diversion. It hasn't happened yet but when someone is extremely close to stealing aggro and has yet to use any aggro manipulation, I wonder if I should just let them die. I know its super petty and bad etc etc but as far as I am concerned from 4.0 onwards aggro is a group effort. Every class gets aggro reduction skills and tanks get shirk for 8 mans. I see aggro manipulation used almost never outside preformed and It's almost always a comm from me if I am tanking.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hood Rat
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RLofOBFL View Post
    I see aggro manipulation used almost never outside preformed and It's almost always a comm from me if I am tanking.
    I saw a sam in df use diversion once...after they took aggro.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fuyumi Inahime
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Then use diversion. It hasn't happened yet but when someone is extremely close to stealing aggro and has yet to use any aggro manipulation, I wonder if I should just let them die. I know its super petty and bad etc etc but as far as I am concerned from 4.0 onwards aggro is a group effort. Every class gets aggro reduction skills and tanks get shirk for 8 mans. I see aggro manipulation used almost never outside preformed and It's almost always a comm from me if I am tanking.
    Believe me I tried diversion and kept it on cool down and it just not enough lol don't know what the OT is doing with his shirk or MT with his aggro management

All I know as a samurai I can end up 70% of the time been samurai tank when the tank drop his tank stance
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lala Yuki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    With the kind of damage Sam pulls I believe it, if that is the case then it is entirely on the MT.
    (0)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/12116351/

Player
    Character
    Fuyumi Inahime
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    With the kind of damage Sam pulls I believe it, if that is the case then it is entirely on the MT.
    I cried every time when I pull aggro off the tank I usually end up dead when in savage
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ar'telan Qin
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Leximus View Post
    Just out of curiosity though, those tanking in pug setting, do you guys just go for it? I.E drop grit after opener and if you die, you just accept it and stay in tank stance?
    I don't main DRK, I main PLD, but I'd say it's generally the same wrt this debate. I do one hate combo then drop stance in regular pugs, I can always put it back on if things go up the creek. That said, unless you've got savage level dps going all out you can hold aggro with a couple topup aggro combos out of stance usually.

In savage, even pug savage, I will assume that the people there deserve to be and drop tank stance. If I crumple with adequate cooldown usage, I will raise an eyebrow and call out the healers. Most of the time I go in with a SCH, but he's not always available, and he despairs at how much of the time he's the best at both hps and dps in pugs.

While progging I don't tend to turn off tank stance except in phases that both I and the healers are familiar with. For example, I only just started switching to sword for the start of 3s, and I'm 100% shield for books because all I can hear in call is the healers screaming half the time...

FTR, I've never lost aggro to a SAM using diversion at the right times with a single aggro combo > SwO. But I also have CoS and shield bash procs to keep me up there, I'm not sure if that's the case for DRK. SAMs are scary.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sarcatica Lin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirateski View Post

FTR, I've never lost aggro to a SAM using diversion at the right times with a single aggro combo > SwO. But I also have CoS and shield bash procs to keep me up there, I'm not sure if that's the case for DRK. SAMs are scary.
    It's about the same for the most part. I have never lost aggro to SAM or RDM nowadays, not even my static's SAM or RDM. Check my logs, the only few times where I lost aggro was if I was experimenting on Gritless pulling (on some turns is already a thing) or if I die or my OT dies when tanking.

The bigger part of the enmity story in Savage is Shirk. Shirk is OP and will either get nerfed or reworked in the near future, hopefully.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zirnblyssn Sterrskylt
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Drop DRK to survive the PUG life

Pick PLD instead

Quote Originally Posted by Driavna View Post
    Incomplete rotation
    And don't forget to Flash.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laurentia Leximus
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirateski View Post
    I don't main DRK, I main PLD, but I'd say it's generally the same wrt this debate. I do one hate combo then drop stance in regular pugs, I can always put it back on if things go up the creek. That said, unless you've got savage level dps going all out you can hold aggro with a couple topup aggro combos out of stance usually.

In savage, even pug savage, I will assume that the people there deserve to be and drop tank stance. If I crumple with adequate cooldown usage, I will raise an eyebrow and call out the healers. Most of the time I go in with a SCH, but he's not always available, and he despairs at how much of the time he's the best at both hps and dps in pugs.

While progging I don't tend to turn off tank stance except in phases that both I and the healers are familiar with. For example, I only just started switching to sword for the start of 3s, and I'm 100% shield for books because all I can hear in call is the healers screaming half the time...

I've tried with 1 aggro opener into dropping grit these past few days and I'm so surprised on it working well. For 4 man dungeons, most of the time I don't even need to top up. Encounter usually ends when the DPSers caught up. The exceptions are RDM and SAM. RDM have a really nasty opener and SAM dps are naturally high even when they're not trying. When I have those 2 in my group, I open with old opener fully using BP duration. Right now, I'm trying to drop grit for omega normal and lakshmi. I think these 2 encounters are the easiest to train myself.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4