Character
    Tallon Overworld
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    How i make gil at the moment:

1) Fisher - lvl 70
    i) Aetherial reduction - everdeep aethersand, water/ice clusters.
    ii) levequest fish - example, Koromo Octopus sells for ~9k nq, 45+ hq on Ragnarok
    iii) Gazelleskin maps

2) Miner - lvl 60
    i) So far just lumythrite ore from unspoiled node in Zenith (needs book) - 25 minutes cd. 9k+ nq, 14k hq ~15 items per window

3) Cracked clusters from hunts, lvling roulette which i sell straight to the market + anything i can sell from wondrous tails (minions, etc.)

4) Verity items (forbidden wax,domacoat etc.)

5) Squadrons -> all members have doh/dol materia chemistries which i also sell.
    (0)
    Last edited by TallonOverworld; 08-21-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jelly Baby
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadygrove View Post
    The easiest way to make gil is by scalping. That is buying items from NPCs and putting them up at the market board at inflated prices.

Two favorite examples are coral rings and iron ingots.
    Don't forget Buffalo milk! NPC sells for something like 8 gil and people on Midgarsomar sell on the MB for 500 gil+ lol.

there's actually a lot of ways to make money through gathering, even at lower levels.

Miners you got Silver ore, Effervescent and Mythril ores at around 30-35;
    Botanist you have Flax at 35 and Ramie stalk at 55;

If you can gather your own materials like above and have a goldsmith/armour/blacksmith/Weaver you can turn those ores into ingots, plates, threads and cloths, which sells rather well.

Culinarian can be good too if you know what people use for leve turn ins. I remember making a few hundred thousand gil from making HQ Chicken stock since that's used for low level leves, just sell it in the amounts people need it, like stacks of 9. Don't make 99 and sell in 1 stack. You can make more money selling for more in lower stacks than cheaper in 1 large stack, remember that.

If you haven't got any crafters or gatherers, you can still make money from combat! off the top of my head you got Yak milk, that can be sold for 800-900 each on Midgarsomar, Yanxia skins (as said by someone else), Cockatrice thighs. Various monsters which drop their skins/hides are usually worth spending 30 minutes trying to get. Also a good way to level alt classes and your Chocobo.

As a golden rule, always check market board prices AND the history of the item you want to gather and sell, if you can see the last day or 2 of sales and nothing more, its a pretty good item to sell.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jelly_Baby; 08-21-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2