Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    Until all the larger plots are taken (288 per world after Shirogane opens) and fcs are all stuck with the smaller plots. The ward system as it is now just isn't flexible enough regardless of restricting who has access to purchasing plots in it.
    Well a small plot is still better than no plot.

Also some ideas on top of making wards FC only:

- Restrict the house size to the FC size. So you can only own middle and big ones if you have a certain number of members.

-Make every plot a small one on the outside (thus more plots per ward) and make it magically bigger on the inside. Like every FC starts with a small plot + house and can work their way to a small plot + mansion. It would still look small on the outside but would be bigger on the inside. This way every FC can choose which size they want.

-Adjust your number of wards and plots depending on the number of FC on the server. This way bigger servers will have more wards.

And one change that should have been there from the beginning:

If you have a very big FC one could theoretically buy every available room in a house. Thus the servers would need to be able to hold houses that all have max amount of rooms. Thus why not let everyone buy as many rooms as they want? Right now if you are a small FC (maybe 10 members) and you have a small house, you can only buy 10 rooms since each member can only buy one. But if everyone can buy as much as they want, a small FC could have over 200 rooms which means 200 more rooms to decorate. This way even a small house gives quite a lot of space and lots of possibilities to decorate it. Give FC leaders a way to decide which rang can buy them and how much and this way you could have way more space for everyone.

On top of that this function should be possible for personal houses too. We pay the same price and already have way less functions..thus being able to buy more rooms would be very nice. Also our roommates could buy their own rooms in private houses too.

So even if you leave it personal + FC for the wards you could make it better by making is small plots only but a bigger house on the inside + max amount of rooms for everyone. Then make it so that you can only own one house per account and you would have way more houses for everyone.

Still imo completely instanced housing + x amount of rooms per instanced house would be the perfect way.
    (2)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    I still dont get why we cant get more rooms inside the house... like, does it matter if the instance is 300 items on 4 rooms or 300 items on 8 rooms? just give us more floors, so even an small house would gain some space...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by SendohJin View Post
    Because there's no benefit to it, most of us only care what they are going to do about it going forward.
    Yet as long as they don't admit housing system sucks they won't work on a new one, no matter how long we ask them (housing and glamour system are perfect examples of that) thus resulting in bad reputation for the game and the company.
    I brought friends to that game and sometimes, I feel ashamed about it when I see that we are treated like in a F2P game while this one actually costs you money for the game, the sub, the expansion and the kupo $hop
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.

Player
    Character
    Nanashi Kazuma
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    PS4 and 32 bit pc limitation. Please look forward to it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    De'anair'a Solanae
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RainesS View Post
    PS4 and 32 bit pc limitation. Please look forward to it.
    Don't say that. Cause I know they most certainly will use it. >> I dislike the server instability excuse already.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astarotte Niuhali
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I swear FFXIV is the only AAA MMORPG that uses the "server limitations" excuse. I can see WoW using it as it's so freaking old but come on SE.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Drae Wellenbrecher
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    They should delete Diadem and use that memory for housing. Now that would useful.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohdo View Post
    They need to increase the number of wards. Screw instanced housing, you lose the immersion and neighbourhood charm.
    When has the housing areas have had any sort of activity though?
    Instanced housing is a better solution to the problem. Eso players have no issues getting a home and i had played that game for less then a year. This game i have played over 3 years and since housing has been out i have been unable to get a damn house.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Drae Wellenbrecher
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I agree with the catboy. Instanced housing is lifeless and pointless.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arutan View Post
    I agree with the catboy. Instanced housing is lifeless and pointless.
    You mean lifeless like lots of wards already are? So its better that the majority of players will never be able to take part in one content because some might miss that they can see another person? :/ I mean its not like they could not introduce one ward with lots of shops and npcs living their life where one could met others and have the instanced house at the end of the ward as an entrance for everyones house. (Also instanced does not mean that you cant see another person. In all the games that I played with housing, one could simply visit the instanced zone of the player)

Also if they introduce completely instanced housing this could mean that everyone could get a mansion if they want it and if SE is nice they could give people the option to own a house in each district. (And introduce more housing districts in the future) This way you will have lots of space to decorate which makes it immensely not pointless..(and one very good Gil sink too)

But lets leave it restricted so that only a handful of people and FC can even use that so people could say hello to a neighbor if anyone is even there.
    (2)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast