Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Empyreal Fate
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I can instantly feel the lack of DoT procs when a DRG is not in the party, lol. Especially during WM.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trick Baby
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    i'm not entirely sure where you're getting the 50 second BotD from? Are you talking about 30 second LotD to the 20 second BotD?

That means a DRG is entering LotD before an encounter break starts, and wont actually be able to use Nastrond during the break... So by the time the break ends, they are either in BotD with no Gaze stacks, or they have to enter BotD which has them at no Gaze stacks either.

On top of that, the positionals leave a lot of potency on the table, if they are not taken advantage of. All of this for lower DPS, compared to Sam and a much easier resource system.

I have accepted that DRG has been relegated to a DPS support role, but some people only see that final DPS number and completely ignore the utiility and synergy that certain jobs provide for the entire group.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rodger Ritter
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Try spending 15 years relying on BRDs to be in a party for it to function at all and we'll talk. Also we hate you too for our debuff nerfed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jaghatai Dotharl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Try spending 15 years relying on BRDs to be in a party for it to function at all and we'll talk. Also we hate you too for our debuff nerfed.
    15 years seems quite a long time.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gravton Pentest
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by MauvaisOeil View Post
    15 years seems quite a long time.
    FFXI groups were heavily dependent on brds. That might be where he is coming from.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jaghatai Dotharl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravton View Post
    FFXI groups were heavily dependent on brds. That might be where he is coming from.
    I think ultima online has something about... well is that IRRELEVANT ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eyvhokan Poseidal
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MauvaisOeil View Post
    I think ultima online has something about... well is that IRRELEVANT ?
    Well, loldrg persisted so...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Well, Disembowel was nerfed as an attempt by the developers to avoid the double ranged meta of DRG + BRD & MCH, so it's not necessarily a BRD's fault that it was nerfed. Especially since, from what I've heard, that speed kill meta is still the meta in Stormblood--except MCH can be subbed out for a MNK (I'm assuming for Brotherhood).
    (1)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Kwoon E'xil
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I don't feel that reliant on a DRG to get my DPS. Yeah, it helps, but even without having one in the group I do just fine. By making sure my melds are up to par and using food (usually NQ Grilled Turban, Sushi for the Prog) and keeping up my Straight Shot I proc plenty and can't remember the last time I was the lowest DPS. Tbh I feel a bigger dip between a static NIN and a pug NIN since we aren't lining up my WM+Raging with Trick attack as often.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Richter Cade
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HarassMe View Post
    i'm not entirely sure where you're getting the 50 second BotD from? Are you talking about 30 second LotD to the 20 second BotD?

That means a DRG is entering LotD before an encounter break starts, and wont actually be able to use Nastrond during the break... So by the time the break ends, they are either in BotD with no Gaze stacks, or they have to enter BotD which has them at no Gaze stacks either..
    I'm quite sure he is adding botd timer to the botd refresh, which takes it back up to 20 seconds even if you are at 1 second remaining. He isn't taking into account the combos needed to maintain it though, so even if you had refreshed, you still need to combo to keep botd rolling, so that cuts around 10 seconds off the downtime you can get away with if you want to maintain buffs without losing damage. You could do it quicker, but that requires an aoe combo which is a massive loss in damage. In short, he doesn't understand dragoon.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6