Character
    Fuyumi Inahime
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    You should never give opinion or even judge a job that is not even 70 yet

Just like samurai they are totally out of place before 70

Once they hit 62 their game play changed alot and once they hit 68 and 70 it's a whole different ball game

same with all job
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miss Universe
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Karshan View Post
    And trust me if SMN is a little better on a dummy (if you play it well), only the best ones out rank red mages in actual fights and raids. If you're just good, average, or not so good, red mage is superior (you achieve higher DPS with it without mastery than you can achieve with a SMN you don't master).
    No. With Patch 4.06, RDM and SMN are neck and neck for V1s and V2s, and SMN significantly outparses RDM for V3s and V4s. Just check fflogs across the different percentiles.

In fact, just like in ARR and HW, SMN tends to perform better during multi-target, burst-window and heavy movement fights, not dummies.

Not trying to downplay RDM as its utility is unquestionable. I use RDM for V1s and V2s, and SMN for the other two.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jacob Nhisso
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 61
    I always laugh at people who think theyre some amazing insightful reviewer. Why should anyone care what you think of a class unless it's a broken class that the devs need feed on?

Also youre wrong so there is that, too.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arcano Jones
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    Well then if you don't care why did you read my comments Nhisso. These forums are filled with hundreds if not thousands of peoples opinions on everything including class perfomance. That is what they are here for. Discussion about the game. Seems like your in the wrong place if your not here to hear peoples opinions. The reason a person posts an opinion is to hear debate on something that they are interested in. There are several posts here that are very helpful to me as I go forward with my Red Mage. And I appreciate that they took the time to let me know that the things I have noticed will correct themselves as I gain more abilities. Thank you everybody for your input.
    (1)
    Last edited by ArcanoJones; 08-21-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Samniel Atkascha
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anienai View Post
    Bad-
    You stand out in EBF most of the fight. Are your abilities rng based?

Question-
    Do you guys prefer Balance, Arrow, or Spear?
    Yes, there's a 50% chance a few of our skills proc depending on the spell we used last, plus the White and Black Mana gauge for our Enchanted melee skills, they can be "cheated" with Acceleration and Manafication, though.

And I'm weird and like speed but all 3 can be useful, even arrow at the right time for building B/W Mana. Crit is nice since we do 2 spells in one GCD, plus our oGCDs which have a short cooldown as is; also I'n not one of the theorycrafters or meta RDMs so take this with a grain of salt Also, no one says no to a Balance!
    (0)
    Last edited by WhiteArchmage; 08-21-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I've started leveling RDM myself and as my first caster, I'm loving it. I was going to go with BLM, but playing a rooted turret has never been my favored playstyle (though I still plan on leveling him at some point), so the somewhat more mobile RDM is what I chose to start with.

Its really a lot of fun when you get a chain of procs and keep the rotation going, throwing in your cool down when up, and then dancing in to lay out a combo with your sword. Launching two spells quickly back to back also just feels fun and offers a faster gameplay style that I prefer to long cast times. Should be even more fun with Verholy and Verflare (though I'm still not sure if those should be cast while in melee or after you jump back out).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Eh i tank with my Red Mage many of times, sure i may not last 2 minutes but yeah ...
    Red Mage has many advantages over blm, both Utility and movement and it is a much simpler job (no timers involved for up keep)
    I actually love the simplicity as it gives me a break from playing blm
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaz View Post
    Should be even more fun with Verholy and Verflare (though I'm still not sure if those should be cast while in melee or after you jump back out).
    It should be used after Displacement (backflip) as it is your finisher. There are some fights though that you really have no choice as you cannot backflip
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhia Nara
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I was bored by Rdm, tbh.
    Sure, it was fun at first cause it's different, but after leveling it up 20 levels, it's still the same as with 50. You keep doing the same thing at max lvl than while leveling up. It got old for me incredibly fast.
    Every time I got a shiny new skill I was disappointed cause they're basically just up-scales of what you already had. Even the lv70 skills, which add a new dimension to most jobs, just adds an additional hit to the rotation.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    It should be used after Displacement (backflip) as it is your finisher. There are some fights though that you really have no choice as you cannot backflip
    Thanks, I thought that might be the case. Right now I jump in, use the combo, finish with Contre Sixte and jump back out, so I'll just be tacking the new abilities on at the end. 13 more levels until I get them, though. Lol.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast