Character
    Richard Butte
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

Bouncer servant for housing, please

No, not really.

However, we could use some manner of removing people from your house once they're inside it.

A lot of folks want to keep their houses open for friendly neighbors to take a look inside them and whatnot. But if one of those neighbors wants to come in and start ERPing or something, there's currently no way of stopping them from doing this.

Everyone in your FC will need to blacklist them, but they'll still be VISIBLE in the house, AFAIK.

Even if it was a command that forced everyone inside the house to zone outside it to the front door, that would work fine.

It also appears like it might be possible to relinquish a house if there's a person standing AFK inside it. If that isn't the most evil method of trolling ever devised, I don't know what is...
    (7)
    Last edited by RichardButte; 08-17-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardButte View Post
    Everyone in your FC will need to blacklist them
    Very few fcs would coordinate on that level. Not everyone has the same opinion on what does and doesn't provoke blacklisting.

Even if it was a command that forced everyone inside the house to zone outside it to the front door, that would work fine.
    Now that would be very useful as presently you can't demolish a house if someone is inside. Although it probably would be easier for SE to give home owners an option to teleport players outside when they select demolish, than to make a npc for it. Would be strange to have a npc/furnishing at the house whose purpose is to make leaving the house easier.

All that said I'm all for new furnishings so I support the idea of a bouncer even just for cosmetic purposes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bamboo Panda
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 76
    Quick question:

Let's say my house is open, my friend comes in, then I toggle my house to closed. My friend won't get teleported outside to the yard?
    (0)
    Big panda is an awesome bear!

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Panda View Post
    Quick question:

Let's say my house is open, my friend comes in, then I toggle my house to closed. My friend won't get teleported outside to the yard?
    Nope. I do that all the time so people don't come barging in on roleplay.

An option to just kick people out of the house in the housing menu would be the easiest option. Also useful would be a "housing blacklist" that prevents certain people from entering the house (but others can still come in).
    (5)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    This would be lovely. I let my first personal house get reclaimed due to not wanting to deal with rude neighbors, took me 8 months after the 45 days to reclaim before I was able to find another...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Man Dudez
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    After a certain point I believe you can report a player for harassment if you asked them to leave the house but they still stay around especially if the chat is bothersome or directly aimed at someone who does not appreciate it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Richard Butte
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    Now that would be very useful as presently you can't demolish a house if someone is inside. Although it probably would be easier for SE to give home owners an option to teleport players outside when they select demolish, than to make a npc for it. Would be strange to have a npc/furnishing at the house whose purpose is to make leaving the house easier.
    Yeah, and with the upcoming move to Kugane, this could potentially be the most horrific means of trolling ever.

All that said I'm all for new furnishings so I support the idea of a bouncer even just for cosmetic purposes.
    And they should all be lalafells for comedic effect.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bamboo Panda
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 76
    Oh man, I better close my house then. I do not really see anyone in my neighborhood, but it only takes one bad apple to sour the experience.
    (2)
    Big panda is an awesome bear!

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Yeah, and with the upcoming move to Kugane, this could potentially be the most horrific means of trolling ever.
    There is going to be maintenance the day before Shirogane arrives. You could simply lock your house before maintenance. If you log out inside a house/apartment/fc room you always log back in outside.

And they should all be lalafells for comedic effect.
    Would be cool if you could get some beast tribe peeps to hire as bodyguards.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Richard Butte
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Uh oh, it's worse than I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiria View Post
    As far as I know, it's enough to be in the garden. When i relinquished my last fc plot to move, a few memebers were still standing in the yard so it didn't work.
    So, if someone is standing IN THE YARD of a house, it cannot be moved or relinquished??! :O

I uh...yeah...
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast