Player
    Character
    Alastair Shadowsong
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

Penalize Desserters

There should be a penalty for anyone that leaves a trial. There are some people that are trying to get their first win and can't because there are those that can't take losing. There should be a minimum leave party rule in place or lose tomes or restriction from all duty for a few hours. This way, the people that are trying to get a clear can do it without worrying about failing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jock Harley
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 61
    There already is a penalty if they leave too many times, they get restricted from being able to join or queue for a duty with other players for 30 minutes.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    If i remember right, the current penalty is 30 mins no duty finder use(no groups, no solo instances). The penalty only applies to leaving a full group. So if one person leaves and eats the penalty, anyone else can go before the group refills without punishment(this way if youre stuck 20 mins later and still cant get a replacement tank you arent further punished by leaving - for instance). Then i think if you do this 3 times in a day you get duty finder locked for 24 hours. Still, there are some people who would rather go craft or something for 30 mins then run certain instances(or continue to fail with a group that isnt doing a fight right). Personally i dont think you should que if you arent willing to run whatever comes, but thats me(and, admittedly, a lot of other players).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Avatre Drakone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    Personally i dont think you should que if you arent willing to run whatever comes, but thats me(and, admittedly, a lot of other players).
    Mentor Roulette is a VERY big example of people queuing, getting something they don't want to run(usually an EX primal), and bouncing right away. I try to stay until the end...but sometimes(last night is an example of it for me) people just aren't joining. It was Titan EX, with newbie bonus. I waited almost 20min, and we still had only 4 people in there.

As for the penalty, the current penalty for leaving the duty early is definitely not harsh enough. There are times when you will get something you absolutely hate, and people will instantly leave. Aurum Vale, Royal Menagerie, and Toto-Rak are just some examples where people leave as soon as they see what it is. None of them are exceptionally hard, most of it is time consuming. But, people don't care about helping a sprout to learn and just think of themselves.
    (1)
    Last edited by Avatre; 08-18-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    If i remember right, the current penalty is 30 mins no duty finder use(no groups, no solo instances). The penalty only applies to leaving a full group. So if one person leaves and eats the penalty, anyone else can go before the group refills without punishment(this way if youre stuck 20 mins later and still cant get a replacement tank you arent further punished by leaving - for instance). Then i think if you do this 3 times in a day you get duty finder locked for 24 hours. Still, there are some people who would rather go craft or something for 30 mins then run certain instances(or continue to fail with a group that isnt doing a fight right). Personally i dont think you should que if you arent willing to run whatever comes, but thats me(and, admittedly, a lot of other players).
    Also if you join in progress, there's no penalty whether you leave a full party or whatever. Not that there's anything wrong with that; you were just presenting as if that was the whole story and this bit got left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatre View Post
    Mentor Roulette is a VERY big example of people queuing, getting something they don't want to run(usually an EX primal)
    Ditching an ex primal synched is doing whoever queued for that that way instead of using pf like they should a favor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    We definitely need harsher punishment for people abandoning, especially during a roulette, such as tome lockout for the given roulette, or entirely. If you aren't prepared to face whatever roulette throws at you don't do it at all. Kinda tired seeing people leave their roulette at the first failure, and moreso sick seeing people drop out of Shinryu immediately...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaurhz View Post
    We definitely need harsher punishment for people abandoning
    No, we don't. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. I'm sick of hearing about how everyone needs to be penalised/punished for "whatever I don't like". All the whingers got their penalties, got their kick option. enough is enough.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by XiXiQ View Post
    No, we don't. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. I'm sick of hearing about how everyone needs to be penalised/punished for "whatever I don't like". All the whingers got their penalties, got their kick option. enough is enough.
    Believe me I wish I could say people didn't need to be penalised. If people don't like what they're possibly going to get as a roulette, then they should get their free food at Frontlines, 'cause I'm almost sure they aren't doing roulette for fun, and making it less fun for those that spent significant time queuing up because they need to do the duty. Nobody should need to queue up several times, each for half an hour just because that person doesn't like what they got for their roulette. People shouldn't be rewarded for playing re-roll with the roulette when there's people in that roulette that needed that instance. Again, if they aren't prepared for what they get, go get the free food at frontlines

"Kick me, I don't like what I got for my roulette. I got Shinryu/Vishap but I wanted something like Cape Westwind" - *That isn't a valid reason to kick someone*
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaurhz; 08-18-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by XiXiQ View Post
    You're right it's supposed to be fun, but when you wait 45 mins in a queue and someone leaves immediately because they don't wanna do it, then you need to wait another 45 minutes in queue, it's not fun, not fun at all. True that is mostly on SE for putting storyline battles in general roulettes instead of making a story roulette and adding 3 dps instead of 1/1/1 but still, it's not fun.

But I still think just the first to go gets the penalty is fine. I'd hate to eat a penalty as dps and add another 30 minutes onto my wait just cause the instaqueue tank didn't wanna do it. I'd literally just go play a different game at that point.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yuella Davilles
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    if you want cape westwind, queue for cape westwind, not the DR Trial.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast