Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Viese Blanchimont
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I would make an area healer, preferably one that is pure cooldown based with no MP costs. Overall heals are weaker, but they are able to affect people over a larger area and can use area targeting for some of their heals. A potion user might fit that if you have them throw potions for heals/buffs.
    (0)

2. 08-21-2017 08:07 AM

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
    The real difficulty is coming up with something that plays mechanically differently than what we already have for healing, though. It doesn't matter what coat of paint you put on it if it boils down to exactly the same gameplay.
    Each healer needs a core set of abilities that will naturally make all of them play similar. They need a cure, regen, cleanse, raise, AoE heal, MP restoration/cost mitigation, healing potency buff, and offensive skills in order to work in this game.

They don't necessarily have to play different, but rather 'feel' different. Giving each of them variations to their fundamental abilities goes a long way in making this happen. Such claim only needs to go as far as a WHM, SCH, and AST's very basic heal spell. They all do the same thing, but make each healer feel very different. Further diversity is where balance issues come in, because when you give one healer something another doesn't have, the other healer(s) need to bring something to the table that compensates for it.

I think an easy way for SE to plug and play with the healers is with their offense. The shear number of DPS jobs shows why this would be so easy. It's just more flexible, and each healer has their own flashy way of doing damage. It's pretty much that way now, and the cause of the imbalance is due to the utility each healer brings. It honestly should be an easy fix imo, but SE just loves to complicate things.

I think a healer like dancer can really bring something different to the table. Those core abilities would still be there, but they would have a different way to go about it, but the HUGE difference would be that we would have a healer that heals damage through either melee or ranged melee attacks. I believe ranged would be better as FF healers typically don't belong in the fray.
    (1)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Anienai Talenca
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Body guard healer from Swtor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBKTwGkOilE

Just a random guide on how they work for any non swtor players.
    (0)
    Children look up to Superman. It's not until we're older when we realize we're really looking up to Clark. - Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Illmaeran View Post
    Roe, no question. Why be a kitten when you can be a goddess?

Player
    Character
    Silver Strider
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    GIVE ME DANCER!!!

I want to captivate and rally my allies with Sambas
    I want to Waltz my tanks off their feet
    I want to literally dance on the graves of my enemies.

GIVE ME THIS SE!!!!!!
    (0)
    Last edited by Silver-Strider; 08-22-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    To really throw a curve ball at the game, not just the healing community, a melee based healer would certainly be a very new take on the role. Not sure what else they can do with ranged without it feeling like a bit more of the same.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by inhaledcorn View Post
    snip
    When I made my Salve-Maker idea, thats exactly what I used, a Mudra like system to make heals, buffs and debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleWinter View Post
    snip
    That's partially true, but not quite. Though what is a "Trick Healer" anyway, how would you define that? Anyway, while Scholar's identity is up in the air right now, the type of healer we were, to start, was the Tactical Healer, with a focus on mitigation, because of the tools we had and were able to use. Just like how WHM isn't the HoT healer, they just focus on it. It's not like neither healer didn't have access to the others focus. SCH was also the DPS/Off Healer most of the time since it was easiest for us to maintain steady DPS output.

Once HW released and AST came into play, thats when our identity began to crumble. AST, whose identity is the Buff Healer, could do the other 2 healers jobs, but still had its own identity. But, as HW went on and we got job changes, each healer sorta fell into place. WHM remained the Pure Healer, AST the Buff Healer, and SCH the Tactical Healer, still focusing on mitigation, though by a hair. And the defacto DPS/Off Healer.

The concept of Shield Healer didn't come into play until HW, because before HW only SCH had sheilds, so there was nothing to compare them to. Now with SB released, and the job revamps, SCH is in an awkward place since the majority of our mitigation tools ave been removed. This is why people are bringing up the sheilds, because SCH might feel like it did way back when if they get more mitigation with the sheilds. Players have also been clamoring for more shields to be given to SCH.

That's why SCH has become to be known as the Shield Healer, it's not because thats what they are, its because that was their gimmick from the start, but now AST can do it better. Think of it this way, before SB every job had a DoT or 2, but they weren't DoT jobs, the only DoT jobs were and still are SMN, SCH, and BRD.

Quote Originally Posted by paoweeotter View Post
    snip
    Actually I get the feeling, and I am rooting for this, XD, but I didn't get healer from the AST quest with Geomancer. The only parallels they are drawing between the two arts is Divination. But when some info is given the art doesn't express healing, like AST does, though it does reference protection. Only one role focuses on protection over healing, tank.

Now I am adamant about a Geomancer Tank, since it just works based on past games and I feel we need a Magical Tank. But I will admit it could just be reading to much into the info we are given, but I really hope not, XD.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eloah; 08-23-2017 at 01:22 AM.
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Patronas Charm
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 82
    My thing with coming up with a new healer is we have to understand SE's Cookie-Cutter / absolute balance mentality with FFXIV. Geomancer would be a nice addition to healer but I'd take it as a DPS Caster too, mainly b/c I think they could do something unique from either angle.
    But then again we're not in the SE facility that makes jobs, which is a bummer, and its sad that even though we may be posting ideas, these discussions won't see any light since they're a JP company and they more than likely barely look into these English forums. But I'll hold on to hope! Maybe one day SE will add a fan-made job and it would surprise that lucky person!

But back to topic: GEO for next job! Healer and make it be a FFXI cross over style with bubbles!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nazmul Souless
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 74
    We need a melee healer so far we have 3 caster healer and they even all use cloth. Dancer comes to mind but I'm pretty sure that if they could fit some plate/mail wearer melee healer it would be a way more popular.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grim Gaelasch
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I like the Chemist idea. I imagine a machinist-medic, using a modified gun injector. I think the idea of using a mudra system is great, since the flavour of the class would be the "mixing" of essences to distillate potent elixirs. I see the Chemist as a dps-healer, playing around with essences he extracts from enemies that he transfuses to allies. For example, by dealing damage to an enemy he could get a type A essence charge.Then, by healing an ally he could get a charge type that depended on the role of the target healed. By mixing the different types of distillates he could reinject the resulting elixir into a target, which could cause a specific healing or damaging effect. Also he could store the mixes in phials for later use.
    The job would revolve around concocting-storing during down time, then using the prepared potions during damage phases.
    If an effect still lingered, the chemist could recycle it to use it out later.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aimori Duciel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I would like a Magical Tank and a physical Healer change things up. I have a feeling square will only release one job per future expansion.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast