Player
    Character
    Suisho Lightfoot
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

The Hunt is no longer fun

I kinda given up on the Hunt for a while due to a lot of impatience for anyone who would also wish to participate. There's also elitists circles who'll just rush in kill and rush out ahead of those that gathered to prepare to attack. This last incident was just too much as it was only 24 seconds after the first call, the S rank was killed. Please refer to image below.

I miss the Heavensward days.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kahori Harukawa
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Elite bills are pretty much a free for all. First come, first kill, first get. No wonder I opt to stick to the smaller daily marked bills.
    (5)

"But please. Call me Bae."
    The White Witch of Okami Rojo.
    Made with http://ff14card.tank.jp/

Player
    Character
    Tristan Vayne
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Well, it's an S-Rank in ARR regions, so it will die quickly, and the more people wait, the more chance there is you can't deal enough damage to count for anything. Also, pulling whenever isn't disrespectful at all, it's actually encouraged, as it is a hunt, not a potluck.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Aleczan Knighthill
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I sure miss the days when hunts were civil and courteous. People would try to wait the longest they can, so others can get full seals rewards too. People used to shout "Anyone still on their way?" "Pulling in 30 secs!" etc. It's sad to see some people don't know how to share.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Arty Highbrush
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    The devs said that it's a first come, first serve. It sucks, yes, but you have absolutely no obligation to call it out if you don't want to.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Meena Ciel
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    All I see is from your Screenshot is you being busy leveling/questing BTN while Mindflayer, a hunt that spawns every 2nd New Moon phase, gets called in a different zone.

If you actually cared about hunts, you could have predicted the spawn, it's one of the most predictable ones in the game.

You're competing with people that spend their time actually following timers/patterns, going out of their way to make these S ranks spawn. It's little surprise you're not successfully getting to hunts when you just wait for callouts.

Also, the mentality of "it was killed 24 seconds after the first call" needs to stop. 24 seconds was when YOU heard about it first. Not everyone else. I have bunches of situations where I spawned S ranks, announced through linkshells, sit there upwards of 5 minutes while people relink and run to it, and after the kill STILL get complaints that "it was JUST called!". That gets old from the perspective of those that put in the work.

TL;DR
    Put in some work into actually spawning hunts rather than just waiting for others to do it for you and you'll be more successful at them.
    (36)

Player
    Character
    Joe Ultima
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ErryK View Post
    Well, it's an S-Rank in ARR regions, so it will die quickly, and the more people wait, the more chance there is you can't deal enough damage to count for anything. Also, pulling whenever isn't disrespectful at all, it's actually encouraged, as it is a hunt, not a potluck.
    And here I thought my server had early pulling problems with specific people... But to actually encourage not sharing hunts out of common courtesy and just pull and kill at your own convenience no matter who else may need said hunt? Glad I don't play on your server.
    (5)
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers (PWN) on Coeurl in Aether.

Player
    Character
    Tristan Vayne
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe777 View Post
    And here I thought my server had early pulling problems with specific people... But to actually encourage not sharing hunts out of common courtesy and just pull and kill at your own convenience no matter who else may need said hunt? Glad I don't play on your server.
    The GMs encourage it, I don't particularly care for the Hunt. If I see one and make it in time, I'm glad. Otherwise, it's fair game for anyone.

But ok, judge me for forwarding what the GMs said. :^)
    (10)

Baby, tell me, what's your motive?

Player
    Character
    Yen Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I'm hunting regularly and our hunting community is nothing like that. Okay, an S Rank in ARR regions might be dead fast (but what can you do at level 70?) and there are a few early pulls, but these are exceptions in my opinion. We always ask if people are on the way and the hunts are shared in many hunting linkshells. I can't judge for your server, but I really like hunting on mine.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Evan Lionheart
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Well, if you see an S hunt mark, better grab your pants and switch/move REALLY fast.
    S hunts usually die really quick. (even SB ones)
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast