Player
    Character
    Teva Rahat
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 71

Updating the glamour system

It's time to think about adding a wardrobe feature. Specifically, a large catalog of all the weapon and armor appearances that the player has collected. A significant amount of items already in the game are just cosmetic skins, such as the new pvp gear, or the primal weapons with the really nice particle effects. The way it'd work is this: in the item context menu, there'll be a new option to add its appearance to your catalog. Doing this will prompt the player to confirm that they want to add it, since adding it will cause it to be bound to the character.

Continued in next post.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Teva Rahat
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 71
    If you don't have it bind at this point, then you, me and everyone else on the server can just pass around the same Dead Hive katana and the poor guy who crafted it gets nothing for his work. Similarly, equipping a piece of gear won't add its appearance to the catalog until it begins to bind. Applying glamours in the new system would work almost identically to how it does now, except instead of opening a list of items in your inventory, it opens your catalog.

Now, with regards to sorting it. Obviously you want to have individual subsections for job-specific gear, ie. Valor, Creed, Chivalrous for PLD. As for dungeon gear, you could group it by name (infantry/battlemage/etc) or level range. I guess tome gear could get its own sections, one for Ironworks, one for Shire, that sort of thing.

This is a substantial undertaking, so I'm not expecting to see it for 4.1. Maybe shoot for 4.2 or 4.3. Either way, I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm sure other players will be as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silvermist Hellstorm
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    System like this would take alot longer the 4.3 to design 5.0 maybe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Izayoi Niwa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    This is essentially a glamour log, which Yoshida has said they are not looking into currently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Expecto Patronum
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 52
    How about updating the system so that multiple glamours can be on a piece of gear. In end game gear is grouped by class group so what I wear on all my healers is the same, I want a different glam for my whm, ast, sch. They are totally different, therefore should have different glams and not force me to purchase more than one craft piece of the same or force them all to have the same look with my omega gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalinas Luminas
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    They also have said in live letters that they want you to throw away older gear and rebuy it later to help move the economy....Besides as long as people are willing to rent extra retainers each month and store glam on them, SE will keep thinking current setup is fine. Pretty sure this gets brought up at each SE event, on here weekly, and reddit sub for ffxiv weekly at this point. They know we want it...they just don't want to make it a priority. Though this last round of live letters the whole glamour system was mentioned, so maybe there's hope.

From http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...288-10-2017%29
    02:03:44
    Q: Do you have plans to implement a UI where we can see the inventory from all retainers at once?
    A: Minagawa: We have no plans to implement this as it creates a lot of stress on the server. If we were to download the retainers’ data locally, then it may be possible; however, it will not be consistent when looking from a different client. If we tried hard, it may be possible to just view the inventory, but it would be difficult to do more than that.

Yoshida: However, we are planning to make big adjustment/changes to glamour, and considering features such as recalling the appearance from equipment you previously owned.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kalinas; 08-25-2017 at 08:19 AM. Reason: LB

Player
    Character
    Kiri'a Jinjahl
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Some friends and I were discussing ideas for this, and something we came up with was a skill like desynth that commits an item to a glamour catalog, consuming the gear in the process.

Then having a second section of gear that ties to glamour and is saved as part of the gear set.

This way, you can have multiple glamour for the same gear set, without having to spend money to change it every time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniya_Estlihn View Post
    This is essentially a glamour log, which Yoshida has said they are not looking into currently.
    To add, from this 15th July, 2017 interview with GAME Watch:
    ――「4.5」ですか。「4.5」が出るころには、もう「5.0」はどうなっていますかと聞いてそうですね。

吉田氏: わからないですよ。「4.6」、「4.7」……と続いていく可能性もあります(笑)。後は、システム的に話をしているのは、所持品の概念をちょっと変えたいのと、ミラプリは根本的に今手を入れ始めています。またDC内のワールドという概念をもっと希薄にしてしまいたいというところは、長期計画で進めています。今回クロスワールドパーティが入って、格段に便利になったと思いますが、もっと大きな目標に向かってこれらを進めていくつもりです。
    Roughly translated, the interviewer talks about after 4.5, it would be about 5.0 info, and Yoshida replies light-heartedly that there may even be 4.6, 4.7, etc. And continues to say that on the game system side, they're wanting to slightly change "the concept of inventory (bag)", and they're already starting to do an overhaul of the glamour system. Then he carries on to talk about thinning out the concept of servers within each data center as a long term plan.

So it is confirmed that there is already a glamour system overhaul that will change the very core of the glamour system.
    (1)
    “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway