Player
    Character
    Baci Asciar
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SyzzleSpark View Post
    I don't worry about secondary stats too much until BiS is within reach outside of keeping my SkS low, but what I keep hearing is DH>Det>Ten>Crit>SkS, which to be honest sounds about right.
    Which is about right. Crit is not worth much right now. It will probably overtake det at around 3k value. Det and Ten are somewhat close with Ten needing ~40 more stats for 1% dmg increase.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I'm getting pants and feet instead of weapon personally because it's better upgrade overall for me atm:

Susano Weap w/ new gear
    +694 str
    +729 vit
    +619 crit
    +337 det
    +174 sksp
    (+112 DH for me as well via replacement melds)

Allagan Weap w/ old gear
    +1 WD
    +686 str
    +719 vit
    +373 det
    +359 ten
    +244 sksp
    +150 crit

So, that was pretty much a no brainer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jugo Jagereich
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    2 str = 1 WD, right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jaghatai Dotharl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by JugoJagereich View Post
    2 str = 1 WD, right?
    Probably way more.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wynne Yilmaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by JugoJagereich View Post
    2 str = 1 WD, right?
    Well for HW 1 Weapon damage for WAR was worth about 27.095, but in HW STR for tanks was 0.45 Attack Power back then. Taking that into account, 1 Weapon Damage was equal to ~12.193 STR if STR = 1 AP like it is now. SB also got rid of dead stats like Accuracy and Parry, so there's never a situation where a i330 Axe with Crit/Det could be nearly as good as a i340 Axe with Parry/Accuracy. I don't know/remember if iDervy or another person found out the current stat weights for tanks yet, but I can say without a doubt that a higher ilvl weapon will always be better no matter the substats or melds.
    (0)
    I was the Almighty Enkidu for April Fools 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    To be fair, it's not so much a flame war as it's 12 pages of people agreeing the OP is an idiot.

Player
    Character
    Athelisia Lumi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    The general rule of thumb is;

ilvl > weapon damage > main stat > off-stat > second off-stat > etc

For example for bard: ilvl > WD > DEX > CRIT > DH > DET > SS
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eyvhokan Poseidal
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    iLevel doesn't really mean anything on its own, it basically just indicates the stat 'budget' the part has. It also isn't job/class specific, so a hypothetical ilevel 375 crafting hat that could be equipped by anyone would have higher ilevel but you wouldn't want use it on any combat class.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    As far as I can find, Dervy has only said no sub stat weights are more the .200, which makes sense considering the enormous stat budget we have now.

Per my example above, even if we use .2 for everything, the Susano set has just a tad more weight at 1130 vs 1126. And 8 str/10 vit more for whatever that's worth. We know that Crit/Det/DH has more value than skill speed so this would likely be a bigger difference with real stat weights. But even if we assume the WD is a higher weight than in HW, which surely it is due to higher stat budgets, it's probably not going to be much higher than 30-40 str.

Being able to equip an extra 459 crit (at .200 stat weight) is like an extra 90+ str. And I highly doubt 1 WD has jumped to being greater than 90+ str.

So, I don't know about you guys, but I think those 25k+ crit cleaves are awesome. And I want more of them. Not less. But go ahead and take that WD if it's so important.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jaghatai Dotharl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    As far as I can find, Dervy has only said no sub stat weights are more the .200, which makes sense considering the enormous stat budget we have now.

Per my example above, even if we use .2 for everything, the Susano set has just a tad more weight at 1130 vs 1126. And 8 str/10 vit more for whatever that's worth. We know that Crit/Det/DH has more value than skill speed so this would likely be a bigger difference with real stat weights. But even if we assume the WD is a higher weight than in HW, which surely it is due to higher stat budgets, it's probably not going to be much higher than 30-40 str.

Being able to equip an extra 459 crit (at .200 stat weight) is like an extra 90+ str. And I highly doubt 1 WD has jumped to being greater than 90+ str.

So, I don't know about you guys, but I think those 25k+ crit cleaves are awesome. And I want more of them. Not less. But go ahead and take that WD if it's so important.

If 459 crit is worth 0.2, what are worth other stats ? If you emulate this crit like a 90 STR worth, the other stats aren't worth 0, they are probably around 70 or 80, and thus you only get at most, 10 or 20 STR of stats worth.

25k+ crit cleaves are sure a thing, are they reliable ? Surely not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whiskey Bravo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MauvaisOeil View Post
    25k+ crit cleaves are sure a thing, are they reliable ? Surely not.
    And they aren't any more reliable with less crit rate either, are they?

It's hard, if not impossible, to calculate the benefits of crit even with proper stat weights. If you have a 30% crit rate but only your Heavy Swings crit hit, then it's not doing much for you. On the other hand if all your FCs crit it's a godly damage difference. So how do you compare?

I'm simply saying you cannot easily replace that crit lost from weapon upgrade. If we acknowledge that more crit is better, why would you intentionally avoid it to gain less than 1 WD
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast