Player
    Character
    Arcano Jones
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53

Did you know not performing as you think another player should in a group

Is not considered a reasonable reason to vote them out of a group..this passage was taken right out of the FF 14 rules posted on the Lodestone.

"Vote dismiss is a function whereby players who are absent for extended periods or harass others can be democratically expelled from the party.
    * Please be warned that unjustified usage of vote dismiss is a punishable act."
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mia Montblanc
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Insert ye olde 'different playstyles' GM response:

"We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience this incident caused you and understand that being kicked out of a dungeon for seemingly no reason can feel terrible.

Unfortunately players are allowed to kick others for reasons of 'different playstyles' as explained in the last message you received, even if there is no option for this and the categorisation [sic] maybe be wrong in this case. Even if there was a misunderstanding/confusion and players wrongly kicked you for some reason, this does still not constitute a breach of our rules, since they did not act with the sole purpose of disrupting your gameplay."

Edit # 1: I couldn't get the image to work, so I typed it out. Wee.

Edit #2: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...fore_the_last/
    (33)
    Last edited by missybee; 08-16-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tristan Vayne
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    GMs state "Differing playstyle" is a valid reason to kick someone.

Kicking someone for underperforming falls under "Differing playstyle".

However, up to you if you decide it's a differing playstyle or not, but it sounds as if you were on the receiving end on it and came to the OF to vent about it.
    (21)

Baby, tell me, what's your motive?

4. 08-16-2017 02:39 AM

Player
    Character
    Arcano Jones
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    I remember the old days when I first started playing MMOs. People would take there time. They would talk. It was a social event. It was an adventure. I go into PUGs now. Nobody says a word to anyone as the entire group speedruns the dungeon. I sure miss those old days playing Everyquest and WOW when it first came out of 2006. Those where the MMO heyday. Now nobody says a word to you and most people ar enot helpful and will kick you out of the group at the slightest provocation. However I have met some nice people in groups so I am not saying everybody is that way. But it seems the majority are.
    (36)

Player
    Character
    Elfidan Gadfor
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I'm curious what the scenario was.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Justitia View Post
    Buff Blackmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoto View Post
    If there was a downvote button I'd be pressing it.

Player
    Character
    Shippuu Nammuu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Did you know that you're wrong OP?
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Levin Muscadet
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    This also plays to your benefit though. The "differing play styles" rule also protects people from being stuck with a player who would make any instance needlessly long or difficult by not performing their role properly. For instance, I once had a party in Rhalgr's where I found a new rare variation of The Ice Mage: the Thunder mage. No joke, this guy used everything under the sun aside from fire / blizzard spells - sleep, scathe, lots of drain, but mostly pelting enemies with Thunder spells. After asking him why he was doing this, and requesting for him to play his job properly as he ought to know how to do at level 70, he told us we needed to do OUR jobs correctly. So we promptly kicked him and finished the dungeon with the three of us. Hilariously enough a fourth dps joined us only after we started fighting the last boss, and was treated for his time with free tomes and all the loot dropped from the final boss, and our comms because why not lol
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Arcano Jones
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    What are you being protected from exactly Destatiredux. Did your group wipe over and over. Seems you are trying to force people to play your way. Your group is the one who had no consideration for the person you kicked. You might have actually had to take 2-3 minutes longer to finish the dungeon. You make the person have to repeat the dungeon. You make them feel bad and effect there enjoyment of the game and you also show your not a very nice person..and what for . To save a couple of minutes. I have been kicked for a group when I first started playing without a word said to me. Happened once only. Only time I was kicked. Nobody said what was the reason. Just kicked. I have no idea.
    (4)
    Last edited by ArcanoJones; 08-16-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mia Montblanc
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanoJones View Post
    Seems you are trying to force people to play your way. YOur th eone who had no consderation for the person you kicked. You might have actually had to take 2-3 minutes longer tho finish the dungeon.
    You can think it is rude until you are blue in the face, but at the end of the day, vote kicks are a democratic process.

In Destatiredux's case, it isn't about forcing someone to play his or her way so much as trying to help someone play their job in a way that isn't just objectively wrong.
    (20)

Character
    Moro Murasaki
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcanoJones View Post
    What are you being protected from exactly Destatiredux. Did your group wipe ve rand over. Seems you are trying to force people to play your way. YOur th eone who had no consderation for the person you kicked. You might have actually had to take 2-3 minutes longer tho finish the dungeon.
    Look at it from a standpoint of a DPS - if you had a tank who couldn't keep the enemies off you or a healer who couldn't heal would you say the same "well yeah but let them stay out of courtesy" response?

Yes, this is different than dragging a DPS because you can clear 4man content with 1 DPS but that is beside the point, can't reward one role with allowing their bad play and not do it for others.
    (19)

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast