Character
    Feoras Ganon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

Pirate Class (New Class Concept)

Pirate Class Concept

It is a concept I thought of while playing the Redmage, but the difference is that it is a Melee/Ranged physical Dps Class (categorized Melee Dps) he will probably share his gear with the Rog/Nin due to the need of Dexterity for the ranged skills. He can freely use both sides as he wishes just that the ranged skills have a less potency and scaling. The Concept builds on the main Hand as a sabre, and as an offhand a pistol. the links below are pictures of skill ideas!!!

https://www.pinterest.at/pin/534943261979795443/

https://www.pinterest.at/pin/534943261979795448/

https://www.pinterest.at/pin/534943261979795452/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    That ship has already sailed I'm afraid (pun intentional). There are already two 'pirate' classes in the game, MRD (their lore is that the class had it's origins with Eorzean pirates who actually prefer the visceral feel of a great axe in battle), and the never implemented Musketeer class (MSK) for short, although npcs like Merlwyb have this class (for players MCH basically took MSK and gave it a turret and a fancy way of forming bullets). MCH basically replaced MSK as a result.

So I don't see this happening I'm afraid as it's superflorous.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Feoras Ganon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    so you are saying pirates in Eorzea prefer axes yes that is true in some way but, not true in another way if you look at the Boss in Sastasha (Hard) this drowned Pirate actually uses the weapons im proposing just saying xD
    (0)

Character
    Rastiana Bel'briar
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Could never have a pirate and a ninja in same party without them trying to kill each other... they're natural enemies like bears and sharks
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    The comparison is basically MCH with a sword offhand. NIN is dual-wielding knives, Merlwyb is dual-wielding guns (tho sometimes she also use just one).
    If they can add spear to fisher, I don't see why not upgrade MCH in future expansion. The question is what type of sword? Rapier is already taken by RDM.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Feoras Ganon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by uvuvwevwevweonyetenyevweugwemu View Post
    The comparison is basically MCH with a sword offhand. NIN is dual-wielding knives, Merlwyb is dual-wielding guns (tho sometimes she also use just one).
    If they can add spear to fisher, I don't see why not upgrade MCH in future expansion. The question is what type of sword? Rapier is already taken by RDM.
    As i wrote he would use a Sabre (Falchion) also typical for pirates besides a Rapier ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deneb Algiedi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    More than weapons though, I'd ask you for mechanics. What is the main damage mechanic or playstyle that Pirate would address?

We've seen them play with a combination melee and ranged caster using RDM, so you might see something similar coming out for a ranged dps using pistol and blade (there are only 2 ranged dps, but it means the Pirate would have BRD and MCH role abilities; so a lot more CC and support functionality than damage).

Otherwise, I'm flummoxed by the lore of how you distinguish the pirate PC job from every other pirate in Limsa Lominsa. Obviously the Warriors of Light are special by default, but is that really it?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pa Lin'guine
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Anova View Post
    but is that really it?
    I'm half-expecting the skills to start with 'Arr' like Ver in RDM
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Feoras Ganon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anova View Post
    More than weapons though, I'd ask you for mechanics. What is the main damage mechanic or playstyle that Pirate would address?

We've seen them play with a combination melee and ranged caster using RDM, so you might see something similar coming out for a ranged dps using pistol and blade (there are only 2 ranged dps, but it means the Pirate would have BRD and MCH role abilities; so a lot more CC and support functionality than damage).

Otherwise, I'm flummoxed by the lore of how you distinguish the pirate PC job from every other pirate in Limsa Lominsa. Obviously the Warriors of Light are special by default, but is that really it?
    Well i think unlike the redmage he should rather focus more on his latent melee ability but still can deal dmg in phases where you cannot reach the boss not as much as in melee though ^^

Well a kind of scenario i had in mind is that like every port limsa lominsa has a lot of ships coming in and going out so i thought it could be pirates from unkown lands maybe some country the garlean empire had under siege or sth like that ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Feoras Ganon
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by uvuvwevwevweonyetenyevweugwemu View Post
    I'm half-expecting the skills to start with 'Arr' like Ver in RDM
    ey i already used pirate language for the skills aint that enough of pirate stuff
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast